Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Disaster of a season.

We’ve gone so far backwards you couldn’t write it.

Today proved how shocking we still are defensively, and simply cannot deal with a big powerful forward.

Again, today shows how toothless we are and have been all season.

Our prized £25 million pound asset has just suffered a serious knee injury and won’t be going anywhere for that sort of sum now.

And to top it all off Ipswich finish ahead of us for the first time in 9 years.

Roll on next season, but I have next to no hope things will change under the current set up.

Most will be pleased to know that’s me done on here too. Au revoir!

[quote user="Reading between the whines"]Most will be pleased to know that’s me done on here too. Au revoir![/quote]https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/704c93faf79a026beb4b3cb7b5200af8.png

See I knew there would be a positive this season!

You sir shall be missed like a aggressive rash on ones genitals.

Once gone, forgotten about and never wanted back.

I come home after a lovely day by the coast to see the awful result.

I take a quick look on the pinkun and see a thread by Lincoln. Could it get any worse?

Then I see he announces hes leaving the pinkun. Almost feels like this whole season has been worth it.

[quote user="hogesar"]I come home after a lovely day by the coast to see the awful result.

I take a quick look on the pinkun and see a thread by Lincoln. Could it get any worse?

Then I see he announces hes leaving the pinkun. Almost feels like this whole season has been worth it.[/quote]
+1
Every cloud has a silver lining.
I''d put good money on him being back next season but this is a top flounce.

Did we get relegated? No. So, not a disaster then, or even that unexpected to finish solidly mid-table.

Who cares about the scum finishing above us - did they beat us? No.

Maddison may have done a knee - if so, we get to keep him until January. Maybe have to sell Murphy and Oliveira instead. Still not a disaster - some would be a result.,

[quote user="lincoln binner"]Most will be pleased to know that’s me done on here too. Au revoir![/quote]is this really .................The Last of the Scummer''s Whine ?

"Most will be pleased to know that’s me done on here too. Au revoir!"That''s very sad news...I thought you had already left.Apples

I dont give a hoot about Ipswich finishing above us. Did they win promotion against us by pipping us to 2nd? Did they survive relegation by finishing 21st and relegating us in 22nd? Facts are we are still in the same division regardless where we finished.

It is such a shame that people are playing the poster and not the post because the thread title and most of the post are bang on the money.

I''m far, far beyond the stage of giving a toss what the OP has to say.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 07/05/2018 10:12 AM:

It is such a shame that people are playing the poster and not the post because the thread title and most of the post are bang on the money.

Sums up a lot of the posters on here tbh. The force is strong with the ostrich

Why not play the poster when he self confessed to not even being a Norwich fan and continuously trolls?

My irony detection meter has just exploded, I think Til finally pushed it over the edge.Apples

He does have that effect on the ol irony meter Apple''s! Good for a laugh though.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]My irony detection meter has just exploded, I think Til finally pushed it over the edge.Apples [/quote]You could always of course outline what exactly lincoln has got wrong Apples.

[quote user="hogesar"]He does have that effect on the ol irony meter Apple''s! Good for a laugh though.[/quote]Apples, now Hoggy so i wonder who will be along next ? [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mr Apples"]My irony detection meter has just exploded, I think Til finally pushed it over the edge.Apples [/quote]You could always of course outline what exactly lincoln has got wrong Apples.[/quote]

I''ll do that.  "Disaster of a season"  That headline is totally wrong.  Difficult season, mediocre season, transitional season or whatever, but "disaster"....no.  Also there have been some bright points this season, the improvements in making chances in recent weeks as well as dominating possession for one.  Obviously there is one further stage to go in actually taking those chances, but there is a close season ahead, the chance to  take stock, get new players, get rid of unwanted ones and start afresh in August with new purpose.  "Disaster" is headline grabbing tabloid style rubbish and the negative slant on things the op has been almost permanent;y doing on here is just being negative for the sake of it.  Fine if people want to be negative, but spreading negativity around never helps anything. 

Lincoln has brought this sort of reaction on himself to be honest.

Disaster is strong- but it feels like the beginning of a long, slow, decline.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]A fascinating season, full of interest. We will be blessed if 2018-19 is equally absorbing.[/quote]This. A couple of decent runs, a couple of poor-ish runs, some really give it all displays against Arsenal and Chelsea, and still Ipswich cant beat us. A goal difference let down mainly by just 2 games, away to Millwall and Wednesday. Off the pitch Webber, Stone and Co. continue the massive transition which is absolutely vital for this club to survive in a modest and healthy way without any signs of sugar daddys or mommys. That 9 Academy players are being released shows again that Webber is not hanging around in making change.  I said at start of season, with  a wild guess, City would finish with 55-65 points, so spot on, and 12th place, let down on the final day. Oh well.So, not a great season, not a disaster either, but Purple is spot on, fascinating and absorbing.

[quote user="Essjayess"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]A fascinating season, full of interest. We will be blessed if 2018-19 is equally absorbing.[/quote]This. A couple of decent runs, a couple of poor-ish runs, some really give it all displays against Arsenal and Chelsea, and still Ipswich cant beat us. A goal difference let down mainly by just 2 games, away to Millwall and Wednesday. Off the pitch Webber, Stone and Co. continue the massive transition which is absolutely vital for this club to survive in a modest and healthy way without any signs of sugar daddys or mommys. That 9 Academy players are being released shows again that Webber is not hanging around in making change.  I said at start of season, with  a wild guess, City would finish with 55-65 points, so spot on, and 12th place, let down on the final day. Oh well.So, not a great season, not a disaster either, but Purple is spot on, fascinating and absorbing.[/quote]Yes, the switch to a continental system of a sporting director and head coach, with the former being in effect on the board, as someone who supposdly attends all their meetings. That is new for Norwich City. Plus massive changes in coaching and scouting personnel. And the plans to upgrade Colney on the back of the highly succesful bond issue. Impossible to be bored by what has gone on.

Kind of where I am Purple. But can understand some of the negativity.

[quote user="hogesar"]Kind of where I am Purple. But can understand some of the negativity.[/quote]Well, my four games this season produced a win, two draws and a defeat, with a 5/5 goal tally, so I have had rich entertainment!Of course I get some - not all - of the negativity. Many don''t find the - in crude terms - continental style of football appealing. I do, but I also think Farke has been hamstrung by the lack of an all-round lone striker so necessary to his preferred system. Hence the football has been stodgier than I hope it will be next season.As to the overall situation, we may well be a mid-table second tier club for a while, competing against much richer opponents. So what? That would hardly be a disaster.