Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Farke out survey

Transition season or not, small budget or not...

The football has been turgid.

And that is entirely down to the manager. Get rid of him.

There were a few on here when names such as Hodgson and Warnock were suggested before Farke was announced, that threw the old dinosaur labels about and didn''t want them here. Beggars belief really, they have done brilliantly. I don''t actually think that Neil Adams could''ve done any worse. It''s been a disaster of a season.

The problem is a lot of the remarks are all in hindsight - yes Warnock has done well at Cardiff but if we had got him can you imagine the anger on here from a lot of supporters and also he may not have clicked here just like some players don’t then you would all be going mad again - we all knew this season was a transition season so why the hell this question to get rid of Farke is raised I don’t know - get behind the team and Farke for goodness sake if you call yourselves supporters and if we are not up to standard next season then the board will have to take a look - enjoy the World Cup enjoy the summer with your families and let Norwich City take care of itself

There have been some positives, Hanley looks a great buy, Lewis looks the part, Trybull if he can keep fit looks good and Maddison has been great all season BUT the football has been turgid in the main. It is not good to watch. But this "transitional" season came about due to board incompetence with signings and managers. I do not have faith that the appointments or Webber and Farke, or the direction of travel, is in the long term interests of this club. I believe freshing up the board and attracting new investment such as Wolves, Leicester and Cardiff are more likely (but not 100% certain) to prove more successful.

Webber has this transfer window to prove that he is not just an opinionated Leeds fan but actually knows what he is doing, Farke needs to show that he knows it''s more than just have 60% of the ball.

Praying that Maddison is not seriously injured, one for him as he seems such a decent lad and two, I think that if he is injured our transfer budget will be next to nothing.

I really do hope we have a great season next year but am struggling to see the positives outweighing the negative in the change of direction we all seemingly ''demanded''.

He has to go his footballing ethos is so far removed from what the non plastic fan wants to see that it is never going to work

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in

Seems to be a bit of a groundswell building up on here and social media that Farke isn''t up to the job. The club is going to have to take some risks this summer to strengthen the squad as we''re lacking in all areas at the moment.

Farke did not decide that this was the route to take, he did not buy the players he did not decide the budget. He coaches exactly the way he did in German (I strongly suspect) when he was approached by Webber (who called him the best coach in the league). Replacing the coach won''t fix the issues of poor player recruitment. The guy had to put up with losing proven goal scorers whilst all he had was a stroppy Portuguese diva and a 4th Division park footballer up front.

There is an assumption that with our squad we should be above Ipswich and Preston and that anything less is an underperformance.

The thing is Farke has actually done the bulk of his season without his most senior and expensive players. The playing squad has featured many players who were totally new to the league including our own youngsters. In fact the squad Farke has played this season is one with less league experience than the squads of either Ipswich or Preston.

Farke has not underperformed at all. The club sold £30m of playing talent and managed to loan out quite a lot too. Preston and Ipswich didn’t they both strengthened existing squads.

Farke has seen a number of youngsters firmly establish themselves in the match day side since joining. There are still a couple of transfer windows to finish the squad and remove the remaining legacy of our buying for premiership survival. This coming season Farke has the makings of a side that can push on and secure the extra 12 or so points that are needed for a playoff place. A couple of functioning strikers is probably all that is really missing. The idea of dismissing the manager doesn’t seem to make sense. Oliviera has underperformed for sure but is that Farke’s fault? Then Jerome was sold and Naismith loaned but we didn’t buy two replacement strikers instead we gambled on Nelson. On the plus side excepting the occasional defensive relapse as at Wednesday Farke has improved us at the back. Farke has not been flawless but he has done a good job so far.

[quote user="Bonzo"]There is an assumption that with our squad we should be above Ipswich and Preston and that anything less is an underperformance.

The thing is Farke has actually done the bulk of his season without his most senior and expensive players. The playing squad has featured many players who were totally new to the league including our own youngsters. In fact the squad Farke has played this season is one with less league experience than the squads of either Ipswich or Preston.

Farke has not underperformed at all. The club sold £30m of playing talent and managed to loan out quite a lot too. Preston and Ipswich didn’t they both strengthened existing squads.

Farke has seen a number of youngsters firmly establish themselves in the match day side since joining. There are still a couple of transfer windows to finish the squad and remove the remaining legacy of our buying for premiership survival. This coming season Farke has the makings of a side that can push on and secure the extra 12 or so points that are needed for a playoff place. A couple of functioning strikers is probably all that is really missing. The idea of dismissing the manager doesn’t seem to make sense. Oliviera has underperformed for sure but is that Farke’s fault? Then Jerome was sold and Naismith loaned but we didn’t buy two replacement strikers instead we gambled on Nelson. On the plus side excepting the occasional defensive relapse as at Wednesday Farke has improved us at the back. Farke has not been flawless but he has done a good job so far.[/quote]

But Farke''s system (almost) negates the use of a striker. This evidence of this has been obvious.

Giving him money won''t make much difference. Sub Non League/''Theory'' tactics.

"The thing is Farke has actually done the bulk of his season without his most senior and expensive players."

No he hasn''t....

You can''t please all supporters, all the time. I personally think our style of football has improved, generally, over the course of the season - the Villa game at home as an example.

But fans nowadays demand instant success, so if there is any perceived under performance for 6 months to a year, a change in manager is needed.

This ignores the cost of that change, and weakening the purchasing power for buying players.

The custodians of our Club have to take account of these aspects - fans don''t!

But look at Leeds how many managers - no real success.

I am not naive, and our current model may well be uncompetitive, and we may need to look for a new owner and outside investment, but this also has risks.

I personally think we should therefore wait and see what happens until about December and, perhaps then, it might be time to review the situation with the Coach, set up and ownership.

The fans are the only constant in a Club and, as a result, can drive that process. I think early next season though is too soon to start that process.