Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Farke out survey

As I see it, we are totally committed to the current set-up for one more season at least.

It was such a massive about turn for our club that we need to see it through as much as is possible.

Far too many contracts and pay-offs are involved for any immediate reversal to be embarked upon.

Where Daniel Farke fits into this scenario has become a cause for doubt.

If nothing improves on the pitch then he will need replacing.

How much longer he is given will be a matter for dispute.

I am all for giving him ''till around the New Year (but prior to the winter window,) some say ten games, others want him gone immediately.

Personally I feel that we have no choice but to accept the possible flannel of him being new to the English set-up and therefore needing time to learn. One full season should be more than enough for this but alarmingly today suggested that it is not enough for DF.

It''s in the balance.

Should Farke be dismissed then what of Webber? What of the German players brought into the deal and what/who do we replace him with?

Any of these ways and it means a lot of contracts will be torn up and a lot of costly pay-offs will be involved.

As I say, ''totally committed.'' We are in it up to our necks to the extent that a dismal start to the next season is difficult to even think about.

Even Delia could surely be seen to be "Up the creek without a paddle" and her role at the club would surely be threatened. Just how this will happen is unclear, such is the grip she seems to have upon affairs.

It could be that the revolution we witnessed last Summer will be nothing compared to what is to come.

All we can hope for now is a good Summer in the transfer market .... with both ''ins'' and ''outs'' transpiring as being ''beyond our wildest dreams.'' (Hic!)

Farke has been remarkably lucky that he hasn''t been under more pressure.

Next season I can see people turning quite swiftly if we still look unable to score.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]Farker sacked by Christmas.[/quote]By early November evena sort of .... Bye Farke''s night

End of October and if not showing positive development and pushing for a top 6 spot then he should be sacked and replaced with an experienced championship manager

Last summer was intriguing and exciting to see what a continental manager would bring and what signings would follow.

Now that element of mystery has been and gone we can all see what sort of football this manager plays and know the well trodden path of incoming signings from Germany.

Were headed down the wrong path if we continue with this for a second season

It as ''no'' from me before the way back becomes irretrievable and expensive.

Call it an expriment that just didn''t work and bring in the best man out there for the league we''re playing in

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Last summer was intriguing and exciting to see what a continental manager would bring and what signings would follow.

Now that element of mystery has been and gone we can all see what sort of football this manager plays and know the well trodden path of incoming signings from Germany.

Call it an expriment that just didn''t work and bring in the best man out there for the league we''re playing in[/quote]or perhaps in reality recognise that we had still a PL wage in part with an upcoming 332m drop in our income - something we have NEVER had to deal with in the history of the cluba real double hit - that has been dealt with whilst having to replace those departing players with almost nothing to play with in the way of money so stop whining and stop throwing your toys out of the pram because we have not achieved promotionthere''s plenty below us who have not either, that''s how it is

[quote user="Bigears"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Last summer was intriguing and exciting to see what a continental manager would bring and what signings would follow.

Call it an expriment that just didn''t work and bring in the best man out there for the league we''re playing in[/quote]or perhaps in reality recognise that we had still a PL wage in part with an upcoming 332m drop in our income - something we have NEVER had to deal with in the history of the cluba real double hit - that has been dealt with whilst having to replace those departing players with almost nothing to play with in the way of money so stop whining and stop throwing your toys out of the pram because we have not achieved promotionthere''s plenty below us who have not either, that''s how it is[/quote]

Been watching football long enough to recognize when something or on this case a manager isn''t rIght.

Any new manager would have faced those circumstances, but many would have still had us performing far better than we did...or at least showed signs of improving.

Kid yourself all you like that this set up is right for us....your emperors new clothes moment will just come a little later than the rest of us.

An old man of 69 in Warnock has got promoted today with an ordinary bunch of players because he knows the league and he knows what makes a championship team perform.

You keep kidding yourself that we''re on the right path just because we have a ''foreign coach'' who ''must'' know what he''s doing working under a sporting director that the club has fooled you into thinking is the right way to go.

Smoke and mirrors

If we had a bad start but progressed as the season went on i would understand that progress was being made and Farke was the man

The turn over of playing staff was not going to be easy so new team needed to bed in

But now after all this time he still has not got the right tactics and still we hear better team etc

we have a team this season of good players and one of the best young players in the country in maddison

he has not sorted out the defence even though he plays with 5 at back and a DM

Our Attacking play and scoring record is one of the worst i have seen thats not due to the players we have we all know and seen they can play / score

thats down to Farke slow build up keep the ball Tactics which is a blueprint that Webber wants throughout the club why are we teaching our youngsters a way to play that has failed so badly ?

Webber and Farke have Pi$$ed more away this season than most would have in that they have turned a good team of players into one that can not score and one that can not defend but can keep the ball !

It''s all well and good blaming Webber and Farke but they are constrained by the budget they have. Imagine getting the contract to cater for the Royal wedding breakfast and then being told there is only money for you to. Shop in ASDA. The guests are not going to be impressed by the fare on offer.

Why is there no money? As Webber stated the board have pi$$ed it would p the wall allowing Neil to buy ''stars'' like Jarvis, Naismith and Wildschut. If Maddison''s injury prevents his sale then there is going to be little or no loot for new signings and next season could be a desperate struggle.

Budget is important but getting a manager / HC to get more out the players playing with tactics that work are far more important

but to put it into context if you are a award winning chef and shopping at Asda you would be able to present something half decent and better than most could

Farke is turning Asda food into food that is inedible

We may be committed to the ''operational model'' but no way are we committed to Farke. He has overseen the transition, we now need to progress forwards. Is Farke the man to do that? On the evidence of this season I don''t think he is.

Like i said if we had a bad start i could understand that and seen Farke make progress throughout the season but i have not seen that

we need a Manager who gets lesser players playing above their ability like lambert did when he had success even Alex Neil did

Farke has done the opposite turned players who could and should have done better into a non scoring goal leaking team

A few good moments through the season, but all in all this Farke appointment has been a step backward.

Finishing under Ipswich is totally unacceptable. And in the manner they do finish the season is shocking. They don’t care about the result. When you los 5-1 against an average side this tells a lot about the lack of passion for the team and the club. Not many of these players left in the team when August comes I hope. Absolutely none of them have anything to do in The Premier League except maybe for Tettey. I am sorry to say there are absolutely no signs in this team to give hope for promotion in the coming season. I would say relegation is a much more likely scenario.

Webber’s signings show no sign of being better than Neils. Maddison is now worth a lot more than we signed him for - I am struggling to think of any of Webber’s signings that have increased in value after a season under Farke.

Franke, expensive flop loaned back to Germany as not physical enough, thankfully resulted in the last minute purchase of Big Grant. Watkins cost nothing but now hopeless. Judge Webber on results and league position - poor. He just keeps going on about the mess he inherited, little about the rubbish he is creating.

I think you have to say that it''s a bit hard to judge Farke and call him out during the transition season. The one thing I will defend him with is I think the young players have improved under him and thats going to be a big part of how we move forwards.

I agree with GJL, the experiment has failed.

One thing people seem to have forgotten is before the season commenced NCFC were looking for an experienced British Coach to "help Farke out" after Alan Irvine left.

They decided for reasons never fully explained to stick with the all German backroom team. Had they recruited an experienced UK Coach It would have helped Farke out immensely imo.

Unfortunately after having a season ticket for nearly 30 years I will be a "casual supporter" because although I believe it will be another struggle next year (which is not the most important issue having supported City for neatly 50 years) but because I fear it will continue to be a boring style of football.

I sincerely hope I am proved wrong & will regret not renewing my S/T but the evidence suggests otherwise.

Farke / Webber need an outstanding transfer window to find quality Players at cheap prices that can adapt quickly and are better suited to Farke''s style of play than some of the present squad. Otherwise I fear for the NCFC "project" !

@Hogesar

I don''t think you have to say that at all.

Yes there has been change and turnover but he''s had a full season and in most aspects has taken us backwards. He''s been badly out performed by clubs like Preston, Brentford, Sheffield United and Millwall, all teams with significantly smaller budgets than our own.

I do honestly believe if we''d have hired a British coach that he''d have gotten a lot more stick for this season. Instead a lot of fans seem to think because he''s young, German and sounds intelligent in interviews that he must know what he''s doing.

Farke''s football is dour, ineffective, almost negates the use of a striker and is not the sort of manager you want if you looking for promotion...

Hang on a minute, he''s the perfect Delia candidate!

[quote user="king canary"]@Hogesar

Yes there has been change and turnover but he''s had a full season and in most aspects has taken us backwards. He''s been badly out performed by clubs like Preston, Brentford, Sheffield United and Millwall, all teams with significantly smaller budgets than our own.

I do honestly believe if we''d have hired a British coach that he''d have gotten a lot more stick for this season. Instead a lot of fans seem to think because he''s young, German and sounds intelligent in interviews that he must know what he''s doing.[/quote]

If you look at the four sides you quote, the one constant in all cases(despite change of manager in one case) is that the players have been together for some time. Not a whole new team thrown together pre season. All are moving forward from a low starting point.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"][quote user="king canary"]@Hogesar

I do honestly believe if we''d have hired a British coach that he''d have gotten a lot more stick for this season. Instead a lot of fans seem to think because he''s young, German and sounds intelligent in interviews that he must know what he''s doing.[/quote]

If you look at the four sides you quote, the one constant in all cases(despite change of manager in one case) is that the players have been together for some time. Not a whole new team thrown together pre season. All are moving forward from a low starting point.[/quote]But surely we will be back to a fresh low starting point next season as this current squad will be dismantled for the second summer running ?

I certainly can’t see him surviving the entirety of next season. The defence this season is nearly as bad as last seasons but we’ve added a powder puff attacking game into the mix for good measure. At least next season the management team of Webber and Farke won’t have the excuse of “transition” to paper over their ineptitude, and can be fairly judged on their performance, all be it with their hands financially tied by an out of date ownership model at this level of football.

Quite likely. My guess is we can only start to move forward when we''re free of the mega contracts next summer.

All four teams named are mainly made up of players some of our fans would regard as journeyman footballers beneath our station. The fact that they play together as a team is key.

Sounds like or 2009/10, 2010/11 sides

@Year of the tiger

That is surely a fairly damning verdict on our current ownership model then no? If two or three big contracts can hamstring us for that long then we''ve got huge issues.