Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

German Translation Required But I Think I get The Gist.

There were Bundesliga sides interested when he came to us apparently. I doubt that will have significantly changed

Exclusive The search for a successor to Niko Kovac is in full swing. According to SPORT1 information Eintracht Frankfurt deals with a former BVB coach.

Coach Niko Kovac''s departure for FC Bayern has been on hold for weeks, and Eintracht Frankfurt has been looking for a successor ever since.

The Hesse have also thrown an eye on Daniel Farke after SPORT1 information. The 46-year-old coached since 2017, the English second division Norwich City.

"We see a lot of coaches on the market, including Daniel Farke, doing a very good job and developing very well at Norwich City," said Frankfurt sporting director Fredi Bobic about SPORT1.

Farke himself commented on his future at SPORT1: "I still have a contract in Norwich until 2019 and I feel comfortable here." Basically I do not say anything about rumors and speculation. "

Successful work in Dortmund

Farke worked successfully before his engagement in England over a year and a half as coach of the second team of Borussia Dortmund in the Regionalliga West, where he finished the season 2016/17 as runner-up.

With Norwich Farke was at the beginning of the season temporarily on promotion course, the season with the Canaries he finished in 14th place. To the squad of the East German count some former Bundesliga and second league players, such as Moritz Leitner, Timm Klose, Marco Stiepermann and Tom Trybull.

Who wouldn’t want a coach who’s teams struggle with the defensive side of the game and the less said about the attack the better. Recipe for success that.

Who wouldn’t want a coach who’s teams struggle with the defensive side of the game and the less said about the attack the better. Recipe for success that.

Southampton did of course.