Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

E Franfurt

I am one of those who clings to the hope that Daniel Farke will eventually come good, but this stance has became so difficult as the season progressed that him leaving voluntarily might be a relief.

Perhaps Farke would see it that way as well.

We would also get compensation.

What then though?

I cannot see for the life of me why DR''s achievements at Carrow Road would excite interest from other clubs, either at home or abroad. However, he is thought of in such high regard in Germany that there might well be something in this.

The way things are progressing down the road we might well have a new manager before them (smiley.)

[quote user="ridgeman"]Whilst I would not be upset if Farke left the problem would be who would work with Webber. Many managers have said they don''t like the Sporting Director selecting the players they have to work with.[/quote]Ed Balls convinced Delia this is the way forward so we are stuck with it even if Farke leaves.

Any manager out of work would jump at the chance to manage/coach us.

That they can''t work with a DoF is nonsense. They bring all their usual staff anyway.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Whilst I would not be upset if Farke left the problem would be who would work with Webber. Many managers have said they don''t like the Sporting Director selecting the players they have to work with.[/quote]Most of this opposition is from the ''old school'' british managers (might be due to them being able to negotiate some benefit to themselves in transfer deals) it''s becomming the norm for football clubs to adopt this structure.

Would be a shame to lose Farke now, this season was always going to be difficult and to go back a step with having to hire a new head coach would be set back.

As for managers not wanting to work with sporting directors, I think they will have to get over being so precious. Pretty much every Premier League club has that model now and it is increasingly prevelant in the Championship.

I would imaging any replacement for Farke would be from the continent and coaches there mostly not only are happy to work with a sporting director, but mostly likely wouldn’t go to a club that didn’t have one.

Frankfurt are no mugs and if they are interested in Farke it shows how highly regarded he is and the outside perception is that Norwich’s below par performance this season is more down to the predicament the club are in rather than the quality of the head coach. Personally I’d agree with this.

I despair at the inability of people to accept things as they are and always wanting change.  Give Farke a chance - he has only had one season to get to grips with the club and the league.   For that matter give Webber a chance, he has only had one season to try and sort out the playing staff to match our situation - and there are still plenty of players to leave yet, so the job is not even half done. Things need to develop, but we have the possession stats, we have made more chances in recent matches, we have different strategies we can use in defence - get the goal scorers in we need and we could be motoring. Or if it makes you feel better carry on wanting rid, fine, but the reality is the project needs another season.

What concerns me is the specific mention of his name and our club in the article, which I assume isn''t lost in translation. Isn''t that deemed ''tapping up''? Or can they do what they want in Germany?

@Bethnal

"Would be a shame to lose Farke now, this season was always going to be difficult and to go back a step with having to hire a new head coach would be set back. "

Isn''t one of the benefits of this set up is to make the transition from head coach to head coach much less painful?

If you''d have asked me a few days ago if I wanted Farke to stay I would have said yes. Give him at least the first few months of next season to see how it pans out.

However, my initial, instinctive reaction after the Pinkun loaded up yesterday and I read the headline detailing the Frankfurt rumour was one of excitement. Pretty telling.

Things need to develop, but we have the possession stats, we have made more chances in recent matches, we have different strategies we can use in defence - get the goal scorers in we need and we could be motoring.

I''m sorry LDC but stats do not in matches. It is either a brilliant attack or strong defence that does that.

And your belief is that we just whistle up a goalscorer. The talk that we are a big club diminishes each less successful season and the chances of attracting the "right stuff" diminishes with it.

I would be eternally grateful if at the the end of next season you forced humble pie into my mouth.

But the stats that mean anything, that we finished 14th with a minus 11 goal difference and fractionally over a goal a game and no parachute money to buy talent mean that we are facing our toughest time since 2009.

If he does leave (I don''t think he will), I do worry about who we''d bring in next. Generally our recent appointments have all been decent ones. Alex Neil did a great job all things considered in his first season, and whilst Farke hasn''t hit the same heights, given the circumstances I feel he has done OK. Next season and a full transfer window for him to make his mark, but obviously harder to compare now he''s not directly in charge of transfers.

Again, I think the fact Frankfurt are interested should suggest that he''s still pretty highly regarded, and as Bethnal says, this season has a lot to do with the transitional period and dealing with large changeover in players in staff. I would be disappointed to lose him now.

How long do these transitional periods last for ??

i think style of play and tactics had more to do with our downfall this season

I haven''t time to research this but the obvious replacement for Farke should he depart is the current DortMund II / reserve team manager - that is Webber''s MO isn''t it? Who is it and hhas he a snowball in hell''s chance of adapting to the Championship? Be very afraid!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Any manager out of work would jump at the chance to manage/coach us.

That they can''t work with a DoF is nonsense. They bring all their usual staff anyway.[/quote]Warnock woulda done but unfortunately we rejected him

@kingcanary

Yes, a sporting director does help with transition from head coach to head coach - but it is never a painless process. Norwich have been all over the place in the last few seasons and a little consistency would go a long way right now (which is why the lose of Badlan is also annoying).

Having to deal with 16 new signings (or whatever the final total was) in a few months always meant a bit of turmoil. If Norwich could get through the summer with relatively few changes and with players like Vrancic, Zimmermann etc with a season of Championship experience under their belts then things will hopefully look better this time next year.

Warnock woulda done but unfortunately we rejected him

He looked at this site and saw so many saying his football was dire, he was rubbish in the Prem and they preferred our current style of putting the crowd to sleep.