Sign in to follow this  
andrew norwichcity

My Players Out

I was thinking about who I wouldn''t mind seeing leave this summer and I''m left wondering how we''ll get much money outside the Maddisonn sale money.

Franke - Not seen much of this guy but it would appear potentially not the right level for him. Minimal fee received

Husband - Probably will stay but I wouldn''t have him starting and I personally want is to get an experienced LB over Lewis who''s form wavers despite some great performances.

Jarvis - Nothing needed to be said here.

Jones - leaving or already left.

Martin - end of contract but I thank him for his commitment.

Mcgovern - time to move on.

Naismith - Please someone buy him and take on all his wages.

Oliveira - woeful second half to the season. No wonder he hasn''t made it at a higher level.

Stiepermann - Unsure on him. Could be a squad player.

Watkins - Words fail me if we rejected bids in January.

Farke - I don''t like his style and would be happy if we got a payout for him.

I think Martin has 1 year like naismith but regardless of what ppl think of his ability to defend now I''m sure Martin would happily move elsewhere just to play games and take a pay cut.

Naismith talks the talk. Says he just wants to play and would play for free!!! ....as long as Norwich pays his wages.

Fair enough naismith has a contract and entitled to see it out but if he wants to move he is good g to have to take a pay cut otherwise be honest and say I wanna play but my huge wages at Norwich are more important.

Martin I think would be given a free transfer and be happy not to get paid off.i think

Apart from our two expensive ''sheet anchors'' the absolute priority, for me at least, is to unload the whole of our so-called striking department and get what funds we can for them in order to find decent replacements.

I am, of course, mainly referring to Oliveira (trouble) and Watkins (who might well find his feet elsewhere,) whilst I feel that Sbreny will ultimately fall by the wayside so he might as well be returned asap.

Some say give the latter more time. We have surely run out of the "giving people time" option, and besides skill is innate and not something time is is able to bestow on a player.

I wouldn''t know about Franke. Was he as bad as the results were when he featured in the eleven?

On paper he should have been up to it.

Husband has never inspired, but has, nevertheless, put in some workmanlike performances befitting a Middlesborough reserve.

Nobody would shed a tear if he were to move on.

Ditto: Windshutt, although there has been something to admire about his direct style during a period when our sideways and indirect football has been a cause for concern.

Murphy is an enigma so it depends upon what amount is offered by this queue of Premier League clubs supposedly anxious for his signature.

Wouldn''t want to lose Klose, but it might not be a big loss if this Leistner deal is still smouldering.

I am inclined to think that we might see one or two surprise exits during the Summer as you never know just what goes on behind the scenes re: players not genuinely settling in the country or interest from other clubs that cannot be refused by either the player or our club..

I think Farke is keen to avoid another summer of overhaul so I''d temper expectations around some players- for instance I can''t see us selling Steipermann or Husband as they''d need to be replaced and it just creates unnecessary turbulence.

We''re clearly going to do all we can to shift those who are out on loan as they are taking up valuable wages when we just don''t need them.

Maddison is obviously the key to any strategy- if we can sell him then there is less pressure to sell others. However if we can''t sell him we''re then going to have to look at what we can raise by selling players like Klose, Pinto and Murphy.

Players out of contract this season: Jones (GK).

end of Next Season: McGovern, Jarvis, Martin, Naismith, Wildschut, Klose, Pinto, Thomson, Remi, Cantwell.

Certainly I can see the club doing all they can to sell the first 4 or 5 on that list this summer. And on top of that, I''m sure we''ll listen to offers for Wildschut, Pinto, Klose, Oliveira and Murphy - especially if Maddison''s injury means we don''t get an offer that reflects his value.

I don''t think it makes much sense for us to listen to offers for Pinto or Klose unless they are financially very good for us. These are integral players that are first choice options in both their positions. I agree with the rest though. I would imagine from what I''ve heard both Remi and Cantwell will be offered longer term deals, Thompson has to prove his ability after those injuries. I would assume we have the normal further year option on both Klose and Pinto.

Has Pinto fallen out with supporters as well as DF or is the opinion that he wants to go

Believe the Wildschut deal with Cardiff meant they are obligated to make the deal a permanent one due to getting promotion.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Klose leave, to many average performances for a player getting paid as much as he is. Likewise with Pinto, a player I like but can probably get someone as good and not have to pay them as much.

With Martin and Naismith not really impressing on their loan spells I think Norwich have a real problem with them just sitting on their contracts for another year sucking up money (which they are of course entitled to do).

If Maddison’s injury means Norwich can’t sell him this summer then the club has huge problems, which could see Murphy, Lewis or anyone else who would attract a fee being sold.

In all honesty though, there isn’t anyone in the squad I’d be hugely upset to see leave, in line with Norwich’s new reality anyone is up for grabs should a buyer come along.