Sign in to follow this  
cheds right foot

what about this branston?

as you can get digital radios for under 50 pounds now, would that be a fairly cheap alternative to be able to listen to match commentary, as you can get all stations anywhere on digital cant you? please correct me if i am wrong

I bought a digitial radio recently so that I could listen to Radio 5 on the train from London to Norwich on match days. It works perfectly apart from when the train goes through Ipswich! Typical!

But you can only pick up Radio Norfolk when you''re actually in Norfolk!

[quote]I bought a digitial radio recently so that I could listen to Radio 5 on the train from London to Norwich on match days. It works perfectly apart from when the train goes through Ipswich! Typical! But...[/quote]

Yeah as I understand it, local radio will be nationwide but I''m not sure from what date. Further details can be found here.

http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/stations/default.asp

Wonder what will happen to Canaries World when people have all got DAB radios and the BBC is nationwide?

when that happens meeky,

city will relise how stupid they have been (about a season after this happens)

if you read the local radio policy on the web site, you''ll find this ...

"Some of these stations will be existing local analogue services simulcast digitally; others will be brand new channels only available on digital radio, which have a wide variety of content and local relevance."

My guess is that when the football is on, for digital radio they will switch to another programme with "local relevance".

From the BBC website:

Can I listen to my local BBC radio station anywhere in the UK on a DAB set?
The simple answer is no - UK broadcasting regulations limit local radio services to their own specific area. For example - BBC Radio Leeds is only available within the Leeds area.
However, the BBC is making all local BBC radio stations available via the internet which is not subject to the same restrictions as radio broadcasting. To find out if your local station is available via the internet, go to the website home page of your local station - or look at the ''BBC stations list''.

.....there''s a hole in my bucket....

BBC Local Radio has only bought rights to broadcast commentaries in the local licensed area. Whether its digital broadcast or over the internet, we won''t get free commentary from Radio Norfolk outside Norfolk until the BBC buy the rights to do so

Not sure if I should admit this but I live in Suffolk (sad but true) and I get it. does this mean I am stealing every time I listen to the commentary?!?!?!