Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Calling it early

I have to say it was difficult to motivate my 8 year old to come for the home games in the first half of the season with the lack of goals and excitement. Even the offer of a whole bag of Haribo''s wasn''t enough.

I will also never forget the supporter on the row behind me who dozed through 80 mins of the Brentford game as he was fast asleep having spent most of the afternoon in the pub!

[quote user="Woodman"]I have to say it was difficult to motivate my 8 year old to come for the home games in the first half of the season with the lack of goals and excitement. Even the offer of a whole bag of Haribo''s wasn''t enough.

I will also never forget the supporter on the row behind me who dozed through 80 mins of the Brentford game as he was fast asleep having spent most of the afternoon in the pub!
[/quote]He had the right idea.Haribos ? .....Pah !!

I''m amazed at that Woodman. The kids are usually the ones up for the next game. It''s old codgers like Smiffy who harp on about being entertained.

[quote user="LDC"]I''d agree about the amount of matches, but not the large chunk of money.

Going to three or four home games a season and occasional away

matches for a long distance fan is very expensive, well over £1000 for

me.[/quote][quote user="king canary"]You clearly need to stay in cheaper hotels![/quote]Yes, an internet search of hotels is essential. In addition, I would try and fly from Manchester to London, and then get either a coach or train from there.A quick glance shows flights starting at £60 return for two people from Manchester to Southend. A return train to Norwich from Southend Airport is around £40 for two.The above probably beats a 100% rail journey on price, and perhaps is a bit quicker too.Take one hand luggage sized holdall/rucksack each and use a laundrette or bathroom sink + travel clothes line if necessary, otherwise your journey will be more difficult.

To be fair Nutty, it was his first season as a STH and he''s only 8, but he does enjoy the roar of the crowd and excitement/pleasure of us scoring, but both were sadly lacking in the first half of the season.