I''ve had a look at the German second tier league top scorers, none of which really stand out as young and full of potential. I''m going to assume that this is the description of the type of player we want because ultimately younger players can get the most value added, especially in today''s market.

Based on that description, (young, talented and full of potential) - and also won''t cost us an absolute bomb, which players do you think would suit us going forward?

I''m excited about Idah, but can''t help think he''ll not get given the chances he needs to develop, much like Carlton Morris who is basically on last chance salon this summer with us. He has proven to be a useful option at upper league 1 level but we don''t know if he can up his game that bit more to be a useful option at our level yet.

I hope we at least give him a go next season before giving up on him. Look at Rashford, was nowhere near first team thoughts until an injury crisis and he took his chance. Maybe Morris just needs that one chance to show what he can do.

I think you really need to see them in the 1st team some rise to the occasion some flop but really that is the only true test

Morris might do better here better players should get better balls played to him and if Farke changes his tactics more chances

As for Idah i would have had him on the bench and gave him some game time as soon as the Play offs we were out of reach and we were safe

He has scored a lot of goals this season and our strikers have been misfiring to say the least !

i would prefer to play him than Nelson as he is the future we have to work with and nelson might been leaving in summer anyway

he is in terrible form and sulks about when he plays any way so i doubt we would have lost much without him but would have gained more game time from Idah and seen where he should be next season

I think Morris has had a good enough season to make it a difficult choice weather he stays or goes. He''s not had an amazing season, but certainly not bad! I''m not sure how many years he has on his contract? If it was a couple, I''d be tempted to loan him out again to see if he''s consistently half decent. Though I think it''s fair to argue, that if he stays with us, he could be getting a better quality of pass thus more goals in theory.

Naki Wells would be good, signed for Burnley for only £5m but not really got a look in. Though that ship has probably sailed with our new wage structure. As for Idah, I really hope for him that he has a great Euros campaign and we get him signed on a pro-contract.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]I''ve had a look at the German second tier league top scorers, none of which really stand out as young and full of potential. I''m going to assume that this is the description of the type of player we want because ultimately younger players can get the most value added, especially in today''s market.

Based on that description, (young, talented and full of potential) - and also won''t cost us an absolute bomb, which players do you think would suit us going forward?[/quote]A name that got mentioned a while ago on the other forum by Fenway Frank (just as one he had heard, without suggesting it was solidly-based) was Christoffer Nyman, of Eintracht Braunschweig, who are in a relegation play-off from the 2. Bundesliga. Eleven goals in 31 last season but only 5 in 18 this.He has scored once in 10 for Sweden, against Belarus. Given Sweden''s lack of good strikers at the moment his lack of appearances - starting and as a sub - might be a fair indication of his level.

Who ever it is the midfield have to support him more , the gap between midfield and the lone striker has to be closer

Can’t believe people are still talking up Calton Morris.

Scored 14 in 83 senior games

6 in 43 for Shrewsbury (4 in league out of the 60 scored)

0 in 8 for Rotherham

8 in 32 for Hamilton

I’m sure if we were to sign a player with Morris exact record we would be saying why on earth have we signed him? Just because he’s on the books doesn’t mean he is entitled to a chance. Webber has said previously how much youth we have in this club that arent really youth anymore sitting on the bill and will never do anything for us.

I know it’s easy to put down him down or to say he can’t be much worse than we have given how poorly our strikers have done this season, but it’s pretty clear we are crying out for an out an out goalscorer which Morris isn’t.

Jerome/Nelson don’t want to be here with the latter still picking his toys up and srbeny has only had a handful of games so can’t really judge until after a full pre season.

It’s clear we are going to sign a couple of forwards but I fail to see how he fits in or has the ability to play in the championship. Idah seems the most exciting out of all the youth and will be interesting to see if he features in pre season. Think it speaks volumes that Lewis was fast tracked and cantwell is often talked about. If they’re good enough farke/Webber will get them in.

Don''t disagree about Morris. On other hand with Maddison, Reed and Gunn presumably leaving we need to get in a few homegrown players. Srbeny looks quite a bit off the pace at Chump level although to be fair he hasn''t been selected that much what with Farke''s bewildering preference for Olive, so I''m a bit dubious about another lower league ''foreign'' striker will be miuch better.

7 for Morris, Sign him up!

I think Godfrey/Cantwell/Thompson/Matthews will all be around the squad a bit more next year along with hanley/raggett/Lewis/husband/watkins/murphy we should be able to get 7 but you’re right it’s looking pretty tight.

I’m not sure about srbeny either but I remember pinto/vrancic etc struggling when they started here. I’d like to give him a pre season before making my judgement.

I think Morris could play a role- he''s never been someone who struck me as a free scorer and instead is much more about the other aspects he brings. He''s strong, holds the ball up, occupies defenders and decent in the air.

The main difference between this loan spell and his previous ones is he obviously shown enough outside of goal scoring to start more games than not.

I would like to see morris given a run of games to be honest. I think he could bring a bit of prescence to our fairly weak attack. If murphy and maddison stick about (big if) then they could massively benefit from his knock downs etc.

As the Maddison money will go to fund our self funded model, any striker we get will probably be on loan. Anyone who thinks we are spending £5m on a striker.has not been listening to Mick Dennis or Michael Bailey.

[quote user="Mike "]As the Maddison money will go to fund our self funded model, any striker we get will probably be on loan. Anyone who thinks we are spending £5m on a striker.has not been listening to Mick Dennis or Michael Bailey.[/quote]I really doubt that any fan who understands our financial position thinks we will spend £5m on a striker. But assuming Maddison (at least, and perhaps others) is sold, I would expect there to be some money for a few permanent transfers in, especially if the wages of potential loanees are too rich for our blood.We picked up Vrancic (a full international) from a relegated Bundesliga side for supposedly only a bit over half a million, and I would say the consensus now is that he is a pretty decent player. Strikers tend to cost more, but it should not be impossible to find at least one, probably on the continent, who is good enough, and affordable, in terms of the transfer fee and wages.

Purple you are right somewhere in the French / German even lower Spanish leagues there will be a gem waiting

who will find him first though as every team is looking for that player

Strikers cost wherever you look.

Fulham spent a combined £12m on two strikers from Portugal and France respectively.

Bristol paid £5m for a striker from the French leagues.

Leeds spent over £1m on a 19 year old from the Dutch second division who''d scored 5 goals the season before.

The best value I can see from the lower leagues abroad last season was Neil Maupay who grabbed 12 goals for Brentford and cost £2m.

It can work but it is a low % game.

Without sounding too dramatic, whichever striker we sign will define whether Farke is still at the club at Christmas. I really do think that if we are not sitting in the top 10 at the end of October, the pressure will be intense.

Whatever anyone says, last season was transition, this new one is expected to be implementation - and I believe the expectation of the majority of fans is improvement and challenging for a top 6 place.