Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Adam Idah

Watched it on Rte2 (irish channel) , the Pundits were convinced there is no rule making it a mandatory yellow card, can any rule buff clarify please.

i checked the rules, since 2016 leaving the goal line before the ball

is kicked is a mandatory yellow card, nothing wrong with that ,although

the ref warned the dutch keeper twice about the same offence but no

booking.....probably because the penalties were scored . Tough but by

the book.

But surely that''s not right? If it''s a mandatory yellow card it still has to be applied, whether the penalty''s scored or not. In which case the Dutch goalie should have been off. Which would likely have been a game changer.

It was a big shame, but the ROI ''keeper came off his line despite being told he''d be booked if he did that again.I watched the replay of it earlier today and he''s a fair way off his line before the ball is kicked. Have a gander... Poor lad completely lost his mind too... Proper upset.No idea why the Dutch ''keeper survived being sent off though.

It''s quite simple really, if the keeper moves forward before the hall is kicked and it''s a goal, then he is warned, as his movement has had no effect on the outcome of the penalty, if he moves early and saves it, he''s booked.

Harsh though.....that happens in every game where there is either a game time penalty or a penalty shootout.

Sorry, thought Iā€™d better clarify the difference in my reference to penalties before the pedantic forum police point out that both are penalties šŸ˜‚