Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Adam Idah

Hopefully with the whole yo-yo thing on the back burner for a season or two, we can actually afford to give young lads like Idah a go. If it goes tits up, we lose a couple of points and it''s back to the youth with him, if he proves his worth, there''s another potential £10m+ player for us!

I must admit it''s frustrating seeing the Scum churn out player after player (because financially they have no alternative) and more often than not, it comes off. I don''t know why we don''t do it more often. Can you remember the last youth player we gave a game or 2 to and they looked completely out of place?

If Oliveira and Watkins do leave, there''s a huge gap to fill (accepting that neither has had an overly successful season. I do find it a bit odd that Srbeny went straight into the squad given his background, yet Fonkeu, Abrahams and Idah haven''t been in a first team squad all this season. Farke seems very risk-averse to giving them a go.

Personally, if Oliveira and Watkins do leave (although I don''t really class Watkins as a striker) I would love for us to give Idah, Fonkeu, Abrahams, Srbeny & Morris plenty of game time during pre-season and hopefully give them confidence going into next season. Young hungry talent wanting to show they make could be exactly what we need to succeed next season. I would imagine a couple of them may go out on loan though and I wonder if we need an experienced head in there as well to help the young lads through. Problem is if we start the season with inexperienced strikers and it doesn''t quite work out we in first few games, the window will be closed and we cant rectify it.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Hopefully with the whole yo-yo thing on the back burner for a season or two, we can actually afford to give young lads like Idah a go. If it goes tits up, we lose a couple of points and it''s back to the youth with him, if he proves his worth, there''s another potential £10m+ player for us!

I must admit it''s frustrating seeing the Scum churn out player after player (because financially they have no alternative) and more often than not, it comes off. I don''t know why we don''t do it more often. Can you remember the last youth player we gave a game or 2 to and they looked completely out of place?[/quote]
eh ! ! ! ! !
that''s actually been an area of failure over the past decade or so.

I actually think Klose would have done better up front than Oliviera or Watkins. Chris Sutton started at centre half then got pushed up front.

[quote user="Samwam27"]And didnt Dion Dublin arrive as striker and revert to defense[/quote]
Dublin went full circle - he was a Centre back initially, moved up to striker and then moved back again once he lost a couple of yards in the twilight of his career.

I am not convinced that morris is an option for us. Several lower league loans without making himself their first team striker suggests he is at his level at best.

Starting with striking options of srbeny idah Abrahams and morris would be worrying though.

Would love to be proved wrong by morris though

i would have Idah near and around the 1st team next season before someone comes in for him

i think it is only a matter of time his goal scoring will attract attention

42 appearances (10sub) highlights the problem with just 6 goals and 4th top scorer.

I am expecting idah to follow the maddison Godfrey morris murphy cantwell loan route next season.

Cant beat competetive football to judge a players worth

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i would have Idah near and around the 1st team next season before someone comes in for him

i think it is only a matter of time his goal scoring will attract attention[/quote]

Norfolk - if Idah''s progress continues to be as rapid, I''d rather he was in and around our squad next season. As I''ve said before though, Farke seems risk-averse when it comes to putting our young strikers into the squad. From what I''ve heard and seen, he offers as much as Srebny.

I think there is a role for Morris with us next season on the bench. He''s a different option to what we currently have. His goal return has never been prolific though - he''s more of a link man who is suited to playing in a team that has lots of goals from midfield and right now i''m not sure that is us so i would also want us to bring in a finisher as well. This season that has been our weakness. The Jordan Rhodes rumours would make sense. We could then give Idah some game time in pre-season as well and you never know he may do a Jamal Lewis and break though but at least he won;t have the pressure on him that would come if we''ve not brought in any senior strikers.

[quote user="curious yellow"]It''s too early to expect anything from Idah next season, Morris has now had plenty of experience so could bean asset[/quote]I agree with this. The problem we have with people thinking Morris isn''t ready is that they have ignored the others parts of a striker''s game that is essential to a team. Like the linking up play, holding up the ball, winning headers and flick ons etc. But it isn''t really out of the ordinary for us Norwich fans to chastise a player... The thing is, strikers are judged on goals. Whereas Ben Godfrey has been an essential part of the Shrews midfield this season and is gaining various plaudits, as he is doing the dirty work and isn''t expected to weigh in with a bunch of goals. That''s the difference.Morris has played regularly in League One this season, for a team who could be promoted, so no reason to think he couldn''t make the step up, in my opinion. Actually more worried about Srbeny, who I don''t think will ever quite be up to playing at this level. Hope to be proven wrong but his first touch isn''t particularly good and he gets bullied off the ball a fair bit.

What makes you say its too early for him? If he''s good enough, he''s old enough. Look at Sessegnon - 18 years old this week and lauded as an England international in the next year - some even saying he should go to Russia in this year''s World Cup. Michael Owen went to a World cup (and scored) at the same age, Rashford scored on his England debut. Bale went to Spurs at 18 following a full season at Southampton and was Wales'' youngest international when he made his debut.

In my mind, if we''re serious about our young players coming through the club, we need to commit to giving them a chance to play in the first team.

I think that while there may be a bit of hype about him, he isn’t quite ready. Lewis is good enough so he played, Idah hasn’t because he needs a bit more time.

I think that while there may be a bit of hype about him, he isn’t quite ready. Lewis is good enough so he played, Idah hasn’t because he needs a bit more time.

i said the last few games we should of had him on the bench instead of sulking NO who offered nothing

Sending him out on loan only helps if he gets the service the loan team play the same way as us otherwise if he is in a poor team scoring say 6 goals in a season people will say exactly that he only scored 6 in a whole season he is no good

when we have not got a outstanding striker which we have not at the moment we should be searching within to find one see if he rises to the challenge before we ship him out

Adam missed the first pen, then 8 scored. Irish keeper saved the 5 th Dutch pen but was adjudged to have been off his line. Retake, keeper booked & as already on yellow card sent off. Centre back had to go in goal.

Martin O''Neill marched on the pitch at the end & told the ref what he thought. Certainly was no where near as far off the line as some penalty shoot outs I''ve seen

This is goig to be a huge story. Has anybody seen a keeper booked for encroaching before. But he didnt even encroach, his foot was on the line as yhe pen was taken.

This is up there with the ref that gave the wrong penalty decision against one of the Englands ladies teams and the game had to be replayed from the penaltu in stoppage time.