Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Joe Lewis

Ideally we will get Angus back for another season but this is looking unlikely from what the press are saying. I can''t see the point in his progression if he sits on a bench for a Premier League team but then again thats Man City''s choice as they own him.

Angus was undoubtedly a gamble (think back 12 months) having played no first team games at all - but it worked. Can we risk yet another gamble on Remi working out? - I accept that he has more experience of competitive football and is highly thought of but it would still be a risk.

What about going for Joe Lewis at Aberdeen? At 30 he is at a good age for a goalkeeper with lots of experience and shouldn''t be on high wages. He excelled in their last game at Celtic and has a good presence between the sticks. He knows the club and is a local lad. The only problem is that he has two years left on his contract and would attract a fee.

Might also help Kenny settle in.

Comments?

I just can''t see any other option that playing Remi.

Anyone will be a risk but with young players you eventually have to play them or sell them. He''s proven himself in the league below, he''s earned a chance to show he can make the step up.

Remi has already had experience of playing in the same pub league as Joe Lewis, so why not just go with him?Apples

I don''t think this is one of those ''what do we do know'' moments.
Mathews progress will have been carefully monitored, and the club knows when he would be up to stepping up - which I suspect may well be next season.
Angus would have jumped at the idea of having a season (or more) back at his boyhood club and City.
We haven''t just arrived at this position by chance. Remi should be capable of stepping up, and if he does great to see another local lad playing for us, and a delight and privilege to have had and watched Angus over the past season.
Maybe things arn''t as bad as some would like to have. Most clubs who fall put of the PL continue that fall... some into L1. We''ve had to adapt to having a PL wage with Championship income in only two years, not the usual three.
The plan seems to be evolving. We''ve been able to find good players that fit our budget, we''ve a good number of youngsters coming through and our Ch. status was never really threatened.
Perhaps some of the whiners would be better comparing us to Hull, Sunderland, Bolton, QPR, Wigan, Reading etc rather than what happened in ''14/15