Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Playoffs...

Really don''t want derby to go up due to being a local away day for me but it''s hard to feel bad about Jerome scoring, even for them. Great header too.

He''s hit a bit of form at the right time. Good for him, and even though I liked him, his move was not a bad thing.

Always liked Cameron - but why couldn''t he score like that for us? (Well, not often enough). It''s as if he was jinxed here.

Should have not sold Jerome, Was sold because his wages were high.plus Farke don''t know how to play with a centre forward

Red hot Canmeron Jerome says the headline. Same player whose goals dried up at Norwich, ? Was he too old. He has proved this was not the case.

One must look at the system dictated by the coaching team which sees a succession of absentees in the vital positions in front of goal,

Tip tap back or square a sin to go forward. The simple principle of the game is to score goals this seems to have been forgotten.

I love Jerome at gutted he left but he hasn''t just become prolific with derby.

I''m pretty sure if he had stayed our main striker all season he would have got almost double figures which is y u wanted to keep him. He works so hard for the team but he is still the same striker that will miss more than he scores and we can''t afford his wages

Some figures for you all to ponder over...

2017/2018 season - Cameron Jerome

Norwich City: 970 mins played, 1 goal, 2 assists

Goal/assist every 323 mins

Derby County: 870 mins played, 6 goals, 1 assist

Goal/assist every 124 mins

I personally thought his legs had gone after his start to the season and so wasn''t that disappointed when he left. However, it''s now clear he still had something left in the tank that we failed to get out of him. Considering we''ve needed a decent striker all season, it''s awful we couldn''t get more out of the one that we did have.

I loved Cameron Jerome when he was here and it’s a shame we had to sell him But

I honestly don’t think we’d have ended up any higher this season if we had kept him and he was leading our line. At best could of finished above scum but wouldn’t have made play offs. You could never doubt his work rate but he missed a lot of chances.

It therefore made perfect sense to sell him and get some cash and his inevitably high wages off the wage bill.

The crucial thing going forward is from somewhere we find a decent striker who wants to be here next season and replace Oliveira as the main man.....if we do that we may well see progression to play offs.

Jerome is a very good player at this level. Imo the reason his goals dried up for us this year is he was doing way to much work outside the areas he needed to be in to score goals. Most recognised how hard he worked for the team but he couldnt put that together with being a goal threat. He did also mention he felt for a 30 year old he couldnt keep up with the current training regime. Our big problem is going to somehow unearth a player who can do all those things, they don''t usually come cheap.

Your first point is still the problem now beagle, our strikers are never in the damn box to even have a hope in scoring. There''s no coincidence Srbeny has a return of one, and Oliveira shoots from miles outside the box all the time. We could have Ronaldo up front but that wouldn''t make much difference half the time - the service we provide our strikers is woeful, it is no surprise we''ve struggled to score, and that most of our goals have come from midfielders shooting from range.

[quote user="AJ"]Your first point is still the problem now beagle, our strikers are never in the damn box to even have a hope in scoring. There''s no coincidence Srbeny has a return of one, and Oliveira shoots from miles outside the box all the time. We could have Ronaldo up front but that wouldn''t make much difference half the time - the service we provide our strikers is woeful, it is no surprise we''ve struggled to score, and that most of our goals have come from midfielders shooting from range.[/quote]

I agree, I think Oliveira looked more of a goal threat earlier in the season when he would do less work for the team and stay central. However he was often out of the team early on for Jerome, so in all fairness probably started to do abit more of the donkey work and low and behold the same problem presents itself. Personally I''m very concerned about finding a striker who will score consistently in the current system (despite what the recent stats supposedly suggested in the EDP) unless there is a tactical tweak.

Howson and Shoddy next up in the Norwich old boys playoffs. On skysports now. Howson vs Grealish is the key battle so far.

Grabban and Ayala also playing. Ayala made one critical tackle/block. Snoddy had a lovely effort tipped on to post by a great save. Grabban done nothing at all so par for the course really.

[quote user="rock bus"]Gutted Villa have on, would love to see them rot in championship for few years.[/quote]
There''s still 2nd leg and final to go.

I love how people say that if we had Ronaldo or Messi that they wouldn’t score for us...really....? 😂

I reckon they might have a bit of a field day in the Championship....

i think we ask our strikers to work to hard for the team instead of using their own energy around and in the box

Jerome used to chase from one side of the pitch to the other instead of staying in centre and wider players pushing up to close down full backs

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I love how people say that if we had Ronaldo or Messi that they wouldn’t score for us...really....? 😂

I reckon they might have a bit of a field day in the Championship....[/quote]

I think we all know that''s just over emphasis on the point of course they''d tear the championship a new one. However I think the point is still valid it''s going to take an exceptional striker to score more than 15 goals a season with what is currently being asked of them.

I imagine that there might be a promotion clause in the contracts of Howson and Jerome? For this reason, I have been hoping that either Derby or Boro go up.

Godfrey looks like a player. I''m pleased we kept Tettey but I hope that doesn''t stifle his route to our first team.

[quote user="king canary"]Godfrey looks like a player. I''m pleased we kept Tettey but I hope that doesn''t stifle his route to our first team.[/quote]

It shouldn''t. Tettey''s knees means he won''t play every match so opportunities should be there.