Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Transfer Window Open

Will we have to look for british based players or have we got enough?

We need 7 right, which means Lewis, Murphy, Hanley, Godfrey, Matthews, Morris, Thompson, Husband and Watkins (and Jarvis...) to pick from as it stands.

presuming Maddison leaves, I''d say the top 4 or 5 (depending if we are gonna go with Matthews this season) are good enough to start but not sure about having to pick the others just to meet the criteria, seems like we''re making things hard for ourselves.

I''d imagine we''ll make use of the loan market again with 2 decent loanees from the prem which brings us up to 6 or 7 good, home grown players but I feel like we need a couple more for when injuries force us to need more. Problem is, they cost an absolute shed load.

I noticed that the Peterboro chairman said that we are not one of the many teams chasing Jack Marriott after he scored all those goals last year, can''t help but think they are either asking ridiculous money or that we''re missing a trick there.

"Dieumerci Mbokani''s contract is up at the end of the season......"

I wouldn''t mind that old warhorse back as back-up to our main striker signing. There was something about him that appealed, imo.

As long as his wage demands were reasonable and his fitness level was assured.

No chance though. Far too unrefined for our present day cultured approach.

We should have sold a player by now.
We are facing an annual loss of £15m-£18m (c/o King Binno) so the need is pressing.
Perhaps we could sell Reed and just tell S''oton that we ''lost him''....perhaps stolen
Otherwise i hope Herr Farke is closely watching the game on Sunday, there must be at least one or two there who could ''do a job''........Ade Akinbiyi for instance
What that job would be we would have to discuss
Maybe running the crossbar challenge perhaps,
..............showing competitors how to hit row ZZ

[quote user="ridgeman"]Didn''t Webber say a few weeks ago that we had signed a player but he couldn''t say who it was.Well as the season has finished and now the transfer window is open can''t  see why he cannot ne named unless he is still involved in the play offs.
[/quote]
"However, the revolution which saw 18 players leave and 14 new ones

arrive is over and, subject to departures, perhaps four new faces in

addition to those already mentioned (and Webber has already stated

publicly that one new signing is already completed
) may give Farke a

competitive squad, although strength in depth would be a concern."     EDP 12th May

I believe the transfer window doesn''t open until 1st June in Europe... Maybe that''s where this already done deal is coming from and they have to wait till then.

Am somewhat concerned ''re home grown players... On Occasions didn''t we get close to the mark being able to meet this requirement last season?