Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lambert is available

Odd how those crticial of the board the most are the same ones who want the club to go backwards and employ a manager on sentiment rather than the last 5 years of that managers career.

Lambert Style of football here was fantastic attack up and at them for the 1st minute

IF Culverhouse and Lambert said they would take over here i would sack Farke and Webber tonight

Lambert on his own though struggles

IMO it was one of those odd occasions with Lambert where the time and place just ''clicked. IMO you a) don''t go back and b) Lambert himself is a perfect advert for how things aren''t always better elsewhere - his cv is decidedly iffy over recent years.

IMO I just don''t see how it could be worse than the boring,negative football we have suffered all this season. Either Lambert and/or Culverhouse would be better than Farke. Unless Farke can produce a complete change of philosophy next season we will struggle and be right back yo the misery of the Roeder era

[quote user="Herman"]He''s not very good.[/quote]

Without doubt the best football and attitude of any City team I have followed and if you dont show that respect or appreciate that then we have differing views of the great game..and I feel sorry sorry for you that you did not get the rush I did....

Making Plans

The rest of your post fades into the general noise, as realisation dawns that you made the anagrams Bare Bet Wurst and Denial Freak

O, to have lived to see such wonders!

Don’t share the sentiments involved but hats off for the above phenomena

The simple fact that some are missing is that Blackburn, Villa and Stoke fans certainly don''t see Lambert''s style as ''the best football and attitude'' their teams have had, it is quite the reverse - Villa regard him as having been totally dreadful and as bad for them as he was good for us. As I say, it was right time, right place and something clicked here. Plus Culverhouse was here with him; Lambert is lost without his nous.

Mike Walker was shit at Everton. Something always has to fall in place or click for a manager to be successful, otherwise appointing a successful manager would be a very easy task. His or the mentioned Walker’s failings elsewhere take nothing away from their undoubted achievement and ability here. The same as how Bournemouth fans see Howe as a great manager, Burnley’s fans would not. I’d be interested to see how it would go and as said already, I fail to see how it could be less entertaining. That said I like Farke, he comes across as a decent person

So culverhouse is available and now Lambert is available

It doesn''t take Albert Einstein to put that 2 together again and it would be a far better combination than the sideways and backwards passing poor excuse of a head coach we currently have at the club

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in

We shall see who Stoke choose. But a club that presumably intends to get straight back up has decided not to carry on with a manager whose  major single achievement is that he got Norwich City promoted to the Premier League - seven years ago.

And managed Colchester average gate around 3000 to a massive win at CR

Strange really, Villa, Blackburn and Stoke supporters describe Lamberts style as boring, negative and side ways passing. They also describe him as one of their worst ever appointments as proved by results.

Yet to see with Stoke but with Villa and Blackburn success coincided with his departure.

At Norwich he was at the right place at the right time, but also had Culverhouse and Karsa who it now seems we’re the real driving force behind the success.

''...but with Villa and Blackburn success coincided with his departure.''

Errrm...no it didn''t. Both got relegated a season or so after he left.

Binners have interviewed Lampard for the job!

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Lambert and Culverhouse at the scum. It couldn''t could it?[/quote]

No mention on TWTD

Paul Lambert is one of the most successful managers I''ve seen in my time supporting Norwich City!

That said I wouldn''t want him back again cause it wouldn''t be the same as before and his record since leaving us isn''t great!

He came to us in League 1 when we had a decent Championship squad which I suspect even Bryan Gunn would have led to the play offs that season.

Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa made a massive contribution as well!

As what should have happened with Mike Walker, we should cherish the magical time Lambert was with us but lets not try to turn back the clock!

Anyhow I suspect Lambert wouldn''t come back here anyway and his Stoke job was just seen as a cash cow/ pension contributor to him as his motivation has diminished from his time with us.