Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lambert is available

So is Culverhouse (the power behind the throne, according to many).

Maybe the planets are aligning...

Rough deal I think. He did ok at Stoke but inherited a horrendous team a la Hughes.

As much as I would like to say we have moved on I would take him back in a heart beat. To think what cost us here was not giving him an extra mill or two to buy Benteke (who went on to be sol for over £30m I believe)!

I’d take him back in a heartbeat, the current management is boring me to tears. At least lambert liked his team to have a go

It was mutual consent and makes you think he was only brought in as a stop-gap, troubleshooter and it didn''t come off.

I don''t see that PL''s reputation is particularly tarnished by this episode, although there always seems to have been a lot of mitigating circumstances surrounding his lack of real success at any of his jobs since leaving Carrow Road.

Nevermind, the dosh keeps rolling in one way or another. It pays to fail at football management these days.

I notice the binmen are convincing themselves that the very glib Jack Ross at St. Mirren will be their very own messiah. They are literally slavering at their mouths at the prospect of him coming to the ''Loo as manager, risky as it seems to the critical outsider like myself.

If this transpires would Lambert take the vacant job with the ''Buddies'' or would he consider this beneath him?

The real power behind the Lambert throne was the boy Karsa. The boy was a genius; had a photographic memory and could recall every move of every player in the league; made Lambert''s job easy by providing the blueprint for every contest.

Lambert - Culverhouse - Karsa.

Has to be this threesome or it doesn''t work.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Rough deal I think. He did ok at Stoke but inherited a horrendous team a la Hughes.

As much as I would like to say we have moved on I would take him back in a heart beat. To think what cost us here was not giving him an extra mill or two to buy Benteke (who went on to be sol for over £30m I believe)![/quote]

McLeish set up deal for Benteke at Villa not Lambert. Not why he left CR

Paul Lambert was an inspired but lucky appointment. It was a scriptwriters dream. And as LDC says, he had Holt.

His record before joining us wasn''t fantastic and it has been poor since.

I loved the period he was with us and his brand of football to me was akin to the Saunders days and entertainment was never lacking.

However, I always have two cups of coffee for breakfast in the morning but the second one is never as good as the first.

Yes maybe Lambo could be successful again with decent owners. It worked before.

#Stinking rich owners and Lambert don''t work....

We should embrace the culture of underachievement and lack of ambition - surely we’re too small a club for a manager with Premier League experience.

I can’t see where he goes from here. That move to Villa was in the end an awful move for all parties involved

[quote user="JF"]I can’t see where he goes from here. That move to Villa was in the end an awful move for all parties involved[/quote]
Off to count his money
I shouldn''t wonder

But what if it''s a Eddie Howe type scenario at Bournmouth? Eddie Howe had a stint at Bournmouth then left for Burnley and had a stinker then back to Bournmouth to pick up where he left off guiding them to the promised land and keeping them there. Could Lambert do the same?

Bigears wrote the following post at 18/05/2018 6:27 PM:

JF wrote:

I can’t see where he goes from here. That move to Villa was in the end an awful move for all parties involved

Off to count his money

I shouldn''t wonder

And good luck to him. But in football terms it’s hard to see where his next opportunity is coming from. Had Stoke kept him on, he may well have rejuvenated his career with a strong team at this level. I can’t see anything other than a mid to lower championship team taking a punt on him now. And the miracle he performed here only comes about every 2000 or so years!

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]But what if it''s a Eddie Howe type scenario at Bournmouth? Eddie Howe had a stint at Bournmouth then left for Burnley and had a stinker then back to Bournmouth to pick up where he left off guiding them to the promised land and keeping them there. Could Lambert do the same?[/quote]
Yes, we''ve still got the successful owners but to make sure everything is right we will need Bowkett and McNally back[Y]
Along with Stephen Fry......

Losing Bowkett and McNally was a massive blow.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 18/05/2018 6:35 PM:

Inch High aka Inchy.. wrote:

But what if it''s a Eddie Howe type scenario at Bournmouth? Eddie Howe had a stint at Bournmouth then left for Burnley and had a stinker then back to Bournmouth to pick up where he left off guiding them to the promised land and keeping them there. Could Lambert do the same?

Yes, we''ve still got the successful owners but to make sure everything is right we will need Bowkett and McNally backYes [Y]

Along with Stephen Fry......

If only it were that simple! First we need to appoint an ex legend on sentiment, maybe Holt or Huckerby would step up? Get relegated to league 1, flirt with financial oblivion, consider selling the stadium then get humiliated by a far lesser team...

It''s an interesting question re whether Lambert should come back

I hadn''t considered it before but after careful thought I think that would solve all out problems

So I would suggest Farke out Messiah back

[quote user="lake district canary"]He''s been, he''s gone and we have moved on.  Anyway, the success he had was (imo) down to three people, not two, Lambert, Culverhouse.....and Grant Holt. 

[/quote]
He''s been, he''s gone and we''ve moved backwards.
Jesus, Lambert is the only manager that we''ve had in the last 10 years that LDC doesn''t rate or admire.
No tippy tappy passing backwards sh*te in those days LDC it was all about getting the ball in the net.
And surprise surprise, it worked.
So at the moment we may or may not have a Lambert but we certainly don''t have a Culverhouse or a Grant Holt.
In fact we hardly have what you would call a striker at all.
But never mind, Bare Bet Wurst and Denial Freak are going to sort all that out over the course of the next 3 transfer windows so that we can actually look forward to some excitement in 2020.

Another season of the boring negative football dished out by the present regime and the gates will be below 20000. Personally cannot see where the improvement will come from

In the bottom 6 for goals conceded and bottom 6 for goals scored

The most boring seasons football in 40 years