Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Oliveira's next club..

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-oliveira-on-transfer-speculation-1-5519777

In the wide-ranging article, where the translated headline is, ‘I have matured and I will prove people wrong who distrust me’, Oliveira responded to questions on whether he will move on this summer by saying:

“As for my career, rest assured: the next season will bring news. I don’t know what’s coming, I can’t talk about proposals."

“Those who are suspicious of my quality, I will have the opportunity to surprise and prove them wrong."

Wonder who he''s referring to..and why he''s going to prove them wrong this season as opposed to every other season bar last, where his goal scoring record was good.

He should have been shipped out of Norwich City before the start of the season. His attitude stinks.

However... If he gets his act together - quite a big if - and plays for a manager that plays to his strengths - unlike now - then he has got the potential, but there are too many times where he can''t be bothered.

I await his next move with interest.

Hi career record to date tells its own story. Undoubtedly talented, but a plank.

I honestly think 9 goals in 41 games isn''t awful for a team that had so much trouble scoring this season but it isn''t helped by the fact he got 5 of them in the first 9 or 10 games then bugger all rest of the season.

Yes he''s got an attitude problem but Farke should take some of the blame too. Nelson had a great pre-season but was then benched for the first game of the season - no wonder he reacted like he did when he scored against Fulham.

Scored a cracking third goal in the last german friendly before the season started - you''ll never see Srbeny score a goal like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5JT-WhfyMI

9 in 41; 8 in 39 for us (rather than portugal) but shockingly just 1 in the last 20 appearance; dating back to christmas. His record is nearly identical to Srbenys since the latters brief debut v Derby -1 goal and no assists each from 8 starts, 766 mins for NO compared to DSs 6 and 601. NO at least helps set up shots - 11 times in the period to Srbenys 4. Neither record provides any solace for the future.

His 2017 was very good and 7 goals in 19 games at the start of this season was great; however it currently looks more like an exception rather than his true performance level. He clearly has ability, if only he had half of Maddisons application to go with it.

If he chooses to stay and work great - but that def seems like a i''m on the move announcement.

Perhaps some funds and wages will help us secure a mo eisa instead.

Next!

Bags of talent, but doesn''t like going in where it hurts - which is crucial in the Champs. That''s why he runs about a lot in midfield & on the wings but doesn''t get in the box very much. Nae use to us.

Viewing from afar, which I have had to do this season, Oliveira and Murphy have wasted so many chances to either score or play someone else in, it has been the most frustrating part of the season.  We can''t afford one let alone two luxury players who can''t be consistent and neither have been that.  Both have talent, but Oliveira in particular as a striker, has failed to deliver - and that is down to him, not the tactics.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Viewing from afar, which I have had to do this season, Oliveira and Murphy have wasted so many chances to either score or play someone else in, it has been the most frustrating part of the season.  We can''t afford one let alone two luxury players who can''t be consistent and neither have been that.  Both have talent, but Oliveira in particular as a striker, has failed to deliver - and that is down to him, not the tactics.

[/quote]

Not all down to Oliveira LDC - our crossing ability has been utter garbage all season - Murphy is a headless chicken and just smashes everything across the box at 100mph and Pinto''s not much better either - whoever your No9 is is going to struggle without some decent service.

Reading between the lines would suggest that he is looking to move.
Perhaps the best thing for both parties
Our tactic of not getting the ball into the box has meant that much of our scoring has been from around the edge of the box - though his last minute goal at Wolves proves he is up to that task.
Unfortunately I think there is a major problem with his attitude, and so he doesn''t seem to ''buy into'' how things are at this stage.
So bye bye Olive chap, good luck where next to go and hopefully you will prove how good you think you are, one day.

[quote user="Bigears"]
Reading between the lines would suggest that he is looking to move.
Perhaps the best thing for both parties
Our tactic of not getting the ball into the box has meant that much of our scoring has been from around the edge of the box - though his last minute goal at Wolves proves he is up to that task.
Unfortunately I think there is a major problem with his attitude, and so he doesn''t seem to ''buy into'' how things are at this stage.
So bye bye Olive chap, good luck where next to go and hopefully you will prove how good you think you are, one day.
[/quote]

Fair assessment.

But how will we attract a striker when we have a manager that... well... doesn''t really use them. It is going to make a hard job even harder.

"But how will we attract a striker when we have a manager that... well...

doesn''t really use them. It is going to make a hard job even harder."
I think things will continue to evolve next season.
Where previously we were playing a tippy tap game the last few games saw us break early in a more direct fashion. This I suspect will continue with fast paced players like Lewis, Murphy and Onel.
If NO goes then we will most likely look at a loan to tide us over to see how Morris, Idah and others progress. Sir Benny could do with a few months out on loan in LI, and if Klose stays sick him up front (as with Sutton0.
He has the big man''s strength, an eye for a goal (binners last minute) good with the ball (cross for Lewis v Chelsea) and would give us the ''muscle up front... and he bagged four gols lst season in a very low scoring season while playing at CH.
move klose ......... up front

Clearly an arrogant t****r .... which I could actually live with if he performed when on the pitch but sadly he hasnt done that.

I''m still not sure if that is down to fact he isnt good enough or just hasnt bothered trying. I cant help think that eventually he will go to a club and thrive, but his history is beginning to show he will always think he is better than he can.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but really the moment he disrespected Farke we should of got shot of him for whatever he was worth at the time.

Let''s hope Swansea still think they can transform him or his agents cosy arrangement with Wolves works in our favour (his quotes in the article make me think this is what will happen and he will get the chance to prove all us doubters wrong in the premier league).

lake district canary wrote:

''''Viewing from afar, which I have had to do this season, Oliveira and Murphy have wasted so many chances to either score or play someone else in, it has been the most frustrating part of the season. We can''t afford one let alone two luxury players who can''t be consistent and neither have been that. Both have talent, but Oliveira in particular as a striker, has failed to deliver - and that is down to him, not the tactics. ''''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree, Oliveira and Murphy have definitely wasted their fair share of opportunities this year. However, this wasteful nature has only come to the forefront as an issue because we simply do not create enough goal-scoring opportunities in the first place. If we were creating enough chances then we''d score enough goals regardless of the opportunities missed.

The Hull game is a perfect example - it finished 0-0 and multiple posters commented that if Wildschut scored that 1-on-1 chance - the only good chance we created the entire game we would''ve won. Well I would question why we only managed to create one notably chance in the entire game over the one individual that did not score that particular time.

Both Murphy and Oliveira can be extremely infuriating with their greediness at times - but again, this could easily be borne out of frustration at a lack of service and a loss of confidence from scarcely being in attacking situations. Which is more than understanding when you look at how we (don''t) commit players forward.

It feels like these players are bearing the brunt of a faltering style of play.

Olive has had almost a club a season and never seemed to settle wherever he''s gone.

Has a great impact wherever he goes and things fall flat, so I don''t think we''ll miss him. He ca be a fantastic talent, but just doesn''t seem to consistently show it.

Let''s hope he moves on and use the money to invest in a new strikeforce, preferably lower league hotshots, as they seem to settle better and adapt to Championship quicker than our foreign guys.

That being said it would be great to unearth a foreign gem that really is successful for us in front of goal

[quote user="lake district canary"]Oliveira in particular as a striker, has failed to deliver - and that is down to him, not the tactics>[/quote]

So how come CJ couldn''t hit a barn door under Farke but is now scoring for fun again?

Tactics me thinks

I think this season has shown both sides of players attitude.
Watching Maddison I saw a player who amongst all his talent certainly seems to have learnt quite a bit of the gamesmanship that prevails in the game.
However I also saw a player who delighted in what happened around him in the game, was fully committed and came across as a very level headed and decent young lad. Much as I would add for both Gunn and Lewis.
Oliveira all too often was the opposite. He comes across as a player who believes he is better than we see him as, and doesn''t seem to have the strength of character to take a step back, knuckle down and work to come good.
The first three have been a breath of fresh air among all the cynicism that is caused by the ''bertie big bollox'' attitude of so much of football these days. To be playing the game you love and be paid what you are should be seen as a privilege. Unfortunately Oliveira comes across as it is his right, and the privilege is being bestowed upon us by being allowed to watch him.
It is not. We have see far, far better. From Holt to Davies and so many in between.
Norfolk may be considered ''Nelson''s county'', but that appreciation of dear old Horatio was earned by him. All this Nelson has done is earned good wages for not delivering.
Time for him to move on.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]Oliveira in particular as a striker, has failed to deliver - and that is down to him, not the tactics>[/quote]

So how come CJ couldn''t hit a barn door under Farke but is now scoring for fun again?

Tactics me thinks[/quote]Having been with us several years Jerome needed a new challenge and got it - and good for him. Oliveira''s challenge was to respond to his poor form and he hasn''t really.   You don''t hit a shot way over the bar or miles wide because of tactics.  Murphy and Olivera have been doing that all season, apart from the odd occasion.   It''s a;; been a bit too much hit and miss....more often missing.

Frustrating as he is Oliveira is still the best striker we have. Srbeny has been given prescious little game time and looks a bit meh to be honest. Seems we have been talking about striking problems for 4 or 5 seasons now, practically since Holt left and we are no further forward. I''d be extremely nervous if we start next season with Srbeny as our main striker.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]Oliveira in particular as a striker, has failed to deliver - and that is down to him, not the tactics>[/quote]

Tactics me thinks[/quote]Having been with us several years Jerome needed a new challenge and got it - and good for him. Oliveira''s challenge was to respond to his poor form and he hasn''t really.   You don''t hit a shot way over the bar or miles wide because of tactics.  Murphy and Olivera have been doing that all season, apart from the odd occasion.   It''s a;; been a bit too much hit and miss....more often missing.
[/quote]
Actually that can be the cause, if those very tactics are the cause of having to shoot from far out rather than ''getting the ball into the box''.

Having been with us several years Jerome needed a new challenge and got it - and good for him. Oliveira''s challenge was to respond to his poor form and he hasn''t really. You don''t hit a shot way over the bar or miles wide because of tactics. Murphy and Olivera have been doing that all season, apart from the odd occasion. It''s a;; been a bit too much hit and miss....more often missing

Don''t you think it could be a bit of both. Oliveira not really up to it but playing on your own with his limitations means he didn''t have that much of a chance.

And DF''s tactics do not suit a striker on his own up front especially when the supply is poor as well.

No wonder Oliveira was left taking pot shots from outside the box. He wasn''t going to get one to his feet or head in the box too often.

If you don''t create many chances for strikers they tend to start snatching at chances, which has happened this season to every striker who has played.

As for Oliveira he''ll no doubt get another decent move as the guy has ability, he may even tip his hat at us with a premier league club or top team in Portugal taking a punt. Attitude wise after the honeymoon period he''ll be in the same situation, He''s 26 not 18 so I doubt his mental application will improve.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]Oliveira in particular as a striker, has failed to deliver - and that is down to him, not the tactics>[/quote]

Tactics me thinks[/quote]

It took him 3 months to start scoring for fun.

Don''t you think it could be a bit of both. Oliveira not really up to it but playing on your own with his limitations means he didn''t have that much of a chance.

And DF''s tactics do not suit a striker on his own up front especially when the supply is poor as well.

No wonder Oliveira was left taking pot shots from outside the box. He wasn''t going to get one to his feet or head in the box too often.

i Agree i think any striker would struggle with the service our strikers get and in turn is going to get upset they are strikers they live off scoring not running 10 km per game without a decent cross

Having said that Olivira is a bit to much with his attitude and i think maybe a bit toxic in the dressing room

but some of the i can not be bothered may stem from he knows that the tactics do not suit him / and there will be few chances before he even starts a game

“It took him 3 months to start scoring for fun”

That’s because Rowett was using the wrong tactics 😉

Tactics me thinks[/quote]7 in 21 starts is hardly "scoring for fun". Having said that, I do wish our current crop could score at that rate of fun..

I have a feeling Jerome would have netted a few goals as we improved at home towards the latter end of the season. It''s all hypothetical though so kinda irrelevant.

As for Oliveira, he''s one of those players where you kind of like the cocky side when he''s doing well but it comes across pretty petulant and pathetic when you''ve had a poor season alongside 2 or 3 public (god knows how many private) discipline issues.