Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Russell Martin again

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Because clearly he’s not an idiot so he’s unlikely to want to move away from a contract for less money, therefore unless someone comes in with a better offer, he might aswell sit out the remainder of his contract.

Not that difficult to fathom is it?[/quote]
steady on old fellow
when I was trying to explain that fact some days ago I was met with howls of outrage from the ''not too bright'' who were denying that position
and telling me that Norwich could simply sell Martin and have no liability towards his present contract
My thought here is that Norwich will loan him out/sell him - with the contractual obligation to make up any hortfall in his contract that covers what remains of his contract here
can''t see that is too difficult to grasp
ps if that was not your view then humblest apologies

I read and commented on that thread, that may have been your intention but that wasn’t quite how it read.

I commented because it was read in a way that should Martin be sold Norwich have to pay the remainder of his contract, not specific to if his new contract has a shortfall.

No player would ever move for a lesser contract, although I suspect some may have moved for less a week but with a lump sum signing on fee to compensate

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]I read and commented on that thread, that may have been your intention but that wasn’t quite how it read.

I commented because it was read in a way that should Martin be sold Norwich have to pay the remainder of his contract, not specific to if his new contract has a shortfall.

No player would ever move for a lesser contract, although I suspect some may have moved for less a week but with a lump sum signing on fee to compensate[/quote]
err, no - as I actually stated
"Marley Watkins is contracted to NCFC until 2020. Therefore we are

obliged to pay him the agreed sums within that contract until 2020.Any

club wishing to take oN his registration will need to continue that

level of payment (or more) or agree to share the payment of the

remaining contract with NCFC.
"
or
"If he joins another club he will expect that club to make good the

previous terms and payments. He can demand that the remainder of his

contrac
t
is paid if the club sells him, if the new contract is not the

same or better."
it was actually you who chose to misrepresent those words with -
"I’m off to consult my lawyer, I got approached for my current job,

didn’t really want to leave my old job but they accepted me going (just

like a transfe) so as my contract with my previous employer had no

termination date
I must be do the terms of that contract to retirement

as a pay off from my previous employee.
"
You will note that in both my posts there is a termination date ie the end of the contract. So I''m not sure what your point was.
My point was not about a player choosing to end his contract, but the ability of a club to do so, without any recourse to liability for the remainder of said contract.

[quote user="hogesar"]How can you possibly still be missing the point city ''last''...[/quote]
God only knows. It was explained to him very clearly that when the player agrees to be sold, there is no liability as the contract ceases to exist. The contract literally has to be voided for the transfer to take place, otherwise the transfer itself is not valid and player registration can''t be transferred. It may be that there is a negotiation with the player and a sum is agreed to be paid to him, to get him to agree to void the rest of the contract but it is never paid up in full, common sense should tell anybody that. Neither do we wage-share the remainder of the player''s contract with a new club.
I''m not getting into it any further though - it was explained very clearly and if he hasn''t grasped it by now, he never will.

hogesar wrote:

''''Since he seems to (not seen enough to know for sure) be taking a massive downwards trajectory, and he is a big advocate of a Vegan diet, partly for prolonging his career, is it safe to say that all this Vegan cr*p is exactly just that?

It''s certainly enough for me to call it hipster BS.''''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch the documentary Earthlings and then call being vegan ''hipster BS''...

From the Wikipedia page on football transfers:-

“When a player moves from one club to another, their old contract is terminated and they negotiate a new one with the club they are moving to”.

Oh dear.

Looks like City 1st was LYING again.