Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Non football question

Extremely easy - just join it at Postwick and stay on it until the Horsham/Horsford slip and then come in on Cromer Road. Easy as pie!

The other day, I had to travel from the North Walsham road , (on the NDR roundabout, just north of Norwich Rugby Club) round to County Hall junction (as if you were approaching from Beccles etc), and it took me 10 minutes. Great I thought, but then it took me another 10 minutes just to get from there to to the Trowse roundabout!

I do a very similar journey each week KC as my parents live in Beccles. Mostly is ok but I must admit the first time I did it I found it quite confusing.

As you come to the duel carriageway at Trowse, near to the ring road, take the southern by pass towards Yarmouth at the lights. At the end of the Southern By pass turn onto the NDR. Stay on the NDR until you reach the airport turn off (Cromer Road heading in to Norwich). It''s well signposted and is no more than half a mile from the junction you leave from.

The awkward bit is joining the NDR from the southern by pass. As the southern by pass comes to an end take keep lest to Norwich (not straight on to Great Yarmouth) and then look for the signs to North Norfolk at the traffic lights. Not the left turn for Norwich East.

If you do manage to find your way on to the NDR be careful and concentrate because there have been a number of accidents or near misses that are causing some concern at roundabouts.

i use it everyday

like others have said roundabout stay in your lane as it goes from 2 lanes on carriageway to 3 on roundabout

but from southern bypass easy just turn off at postwick and get off aylsham / cromer turning easy

It''s quick, but those roundabouts are a bit nuts. Many have said it... Didn''t realise that there have been a number of accidents but it doesn''t surprise me.I have used it twice, to get back to mine after visiting my folks over in Snettisham. Because I come through the backroads and then the Fakenham road I can join it. I constantly take the wrong turnings! But that''s more my issue than the bypass! [:D]

Could you all please use the correct name Northern Broadway as the council has spent a considerable sum changing the name from NDR. [:D]