Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Gunn is off elsewhere

Wanted by Leeds stoke etc on loan

i dont know if he will get in the Man city 1st team for a few years would be a very good investment if we had the money if he grew tired of waiting and wanted a move

Supposedly Leeds are going all out for him... surprised we havent sewn up a second year if another season in the champs is viable.

Perhaps Mathews is up to
should he then go out on another loan, or spend the season sitting on the bench ?

Can''t see the point of loaning him to any other championship club than us. Presumably man city want him to play with teams that pass from back like us and not hoof it. Altho I can see him going to stoke or someone man city think is a good bet in getting promoted as he will then have more chance of being loaned to them in the prem

Agree with those saying what''s the point of going to Leeds or Stoke, when he can come here where he is settled and knows the club well. Premiership-wise, I can see him going to Wolves.

It may be as simple as another Championship team offering a bigger loan fee or Man City wanting to strike up a relationship with that club.

Maybe we think Matthews can setup and is a cheaper option or Gunn & his Dad think there are bigger options & opportunities. Probably the 1st.

He use to be one of our own....

If the club didn''t think Matthews was good enough, or didn''t have another option lined up, you''d expect we would have had something tied up with Man City before the season ended if they were looking to loan him into the Championship again.

Given his decent performances last season, and that he''s in the England set up, it would not surprise me to see him go to a lower Premier League side. West Ham might be looking for a new keeper for example.

I think we all need to remember that loaning a player isn''t exactly a cheap or ''free'' option nowadays. Most clubs ask for a fee to secure them for a year. The fact Angus has been involved with England this season and had a quite frankly outstanding season with us, I''d imagine Man Citeh will be asking for a much bigger fee this year - something we probably can''t or won''t afford.

Sometimes there is more to it that just "choosing us over Leeds".

And here lies the argument a lot of us have, in that, owners should at least look to help with the financing of a team in the modern era. It''s mainly by this method you get success....

It would be pretty disgraceful that a club, that has been in the premier league a lot longer that Leeds (in the last ten years) & gets 6k a home game more can''t compete.

I would be very surprised if Angus plays another season in the Champs.

Michael Bailey had an impromptu interview with Bryan Gunn in the winter and Bryan said then (in so many words) "Angus won''t be with Norwich next year unless we got promoted".

I''ve a feeling he will be playing in the PL next season but will be hugely disappointed if he''s playing in the Champs with anyone other than us... I guess that''s loan players for you

I shouldn''t imagine the club is sat waiting on Man City''s decision, as Im sure this will have already been chewed over.
Angus had a great season which I''m sure benefited both parties, but as he moves up so does Mathews.
Unfortunately theere will always be thse on here al too willing to scrabble around for any excue to attack the club.
Whereas some might reflect on how we have been able to develop goalies like Rudd and Steer, now Mathews and Oxborough... all locals.
We are doing ok

It''s almost as if someone at the club has a plan. Mathews is now ready plus is cheaper and under contract.

Gunn, it seems, was only ever a stop gap to buy time for Mathews to get up to speed on loan.