Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Sell Klose now or let him go for a free next summer ?

i just read on the homepage Klose as one more year on his contract so do we sell now or do we let him go for a free next season

of course he may do a Tettey and take reduced wages but i imagine he is one of the highest paid

True it may come down to wages in the end

But wages aside, I really don’t think we’ll get as good for what we could afford now. IMHO we need one more good season from Timm to help the cause

I don’t think we would sign him on a one year contract for what we could get for him.

So sell.

I''d say keep - we''d not be able to get a huge sum for him and he''s better than we''d be able to get in as a replacement; and who knows, if we had a decent season we could perhaps extend the contract.

If he''s truly in love with Norwich hopefully he will stay and sign a new contract in Jan and be happy to move on if we can''t afford him so that we can get a fee... That''s loyalty for you:-)

Or maybe we have an option to extend a year?

I get the impression that Farke would like to keep him, along with the nucleus of the squad that played this year. He''s 30 now, and after two seasons in the Championship, I can''t see any club offering a fee that would allow us to sign a replacement and still have money left over.Given that we''d probably like to move Oliviera and Pinto on (which is realistic) and Wildshut, Naismith, McGovern and Jarvis (a man can dream) some degree of stability is still required, especially if we get decent money for Maddison.

Just shows how little Klose knows about football, even after a long career in the game. that he actually wants to carry on playing for this clown of a head coach.

To sell a player you need to find a buyer not rocket science if we can find one which is doubtful Klose would jump at the chance to rectify the mistake 3 seasons ago. In World Cup year he would have been clamouring for a move to get to WC not a possibility with us labouring in the Champ. Klose will be off in 12 months unless City get PL.

I''m sure he would sign a new contract if offered one in January, why wouldn''t he? It''s a big risk running your contract down, limits choice and what if he were to be injured in Feb?

''I''m sure he would sign a new contract if offered one in January, why wouldn''t he?''

Because he wants to play at a higher level? Because he knows moving on a free means higher wages?

Ive no interest in how much wages he gets, how much, or not, we could or could not get for him. Im satisfied enough what Timm gives City on the pitch, would enjoy him around the place for another season, ideally with young Ragget gradually coming thru to fill his position during the course of the coming season. He will be 31 come season end, so perhaps  his contract end would be coming at a good time for City.

Didn’t bother after relegation until a season too late, and only then when no one came in for him. One of the players who shamefully packed in at Brighton.

Over rated, and laughable how Martin got pelters but this prima donna becomes a favourite after taking a year off and not bothering.

Get rid!

Not convinced that wages and money are his main motivation as he comes from an extremely wealthy family. He also gives the impression that he enjoys playing here so maybe he will do a Tettey and sign a new contract

Then again if we get promoted next season we can afford his wages and he might like to stay. Just saying

I suppose it depends upon just how the invisible man Raggert is able to step up.

I suppose it also depends upon the way Franke adapts second time around if he returns.

I suppose it also depends upon a new signing ie. whether getting Leistner is this foreign transfer supposed to be in the pipeline.

Along with Hanley and Zimmerman and possibly a.n. other and either of Raggert or Franke performing then we do not need TK as much as we might need the fee and the savings on wages.

With so many imponderables the best route might well be to keep Klose until January in any case.

Difficult one.

He seems to be a lot more settled here now. His injury at Palace in the Prem seemed to affect him and the team fell apart after that, resulting in relegation and then he couldn''t adapt to the Championship in the next season.

I think he coped a lot better last year - benefiting from the new style and the new German speaking coaching set up? He doesn''t seem to be able to deal with physical centre forwards, but I think in those games, if we play the 3 centre backs, Hanley and Zimmermann/Raggett should be able to help out with that.

I say keep him unless we get a ridiculous offer.

I''m hoping he''ll stay so we have Zimmermann, Klose, Hanley, Raggett to cover those centre backs positions

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i just read on the homepage Klose as one more year on his contract so do we sell now or do we let him go for a free next season

of course he may do a Tettey and take reduced wages but i imagine he is one of the highest paid[/quote]

I doubt we''d get more than £1-2m for him now but I suspect that would be enough for us to sell rather than keep, unless he is prepared to sign a longer deal on reduced wages.