Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Morris and Godfrey

Putting the desire to see '' one of our own '' make the grade unfortunately Morris is nothing other than average and is not the upgrade we require in our very limited striking options.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 27/05/2018 5:24 PM:

Putting the desire to see '' one of our own '' make the grade

unfortunately Morris is nothing other than average and is not the

upgrade we require in our very limited striking options.

Probably not going to be a popular view, and hard to judge on the limited amount of time I''ve seen him play, but from watching today there appears to be quite a gulf between League 1 and the Championship.I would have hoped for both Morris and Godfrey to be stand out players in League 1 if they were to improve our squad next season, has that been the case?

[quote user="Van wink"]

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 27/05/2018 5:24 PM:

Putting the desire to see '' one of our own '' make the grade

unfortunately Morris is nothing other than average and is not the

upgrade we require in our very limited striking options.

Probably not going to be a popular view, and hard to judge on the limited amount of time I''ve seen him play, but from watching today there appears to be quite a gulf between League 1 and the Championship.I would have hoped for both Morris and Godfrey to be stand out players in League 1 if they were to improve our squad next season, has that been the case?
[/quote]
What do i know Winky as i think Srbeny is not up to it either. [;)]

Makes you wonder what people expect

Both have had great experience and a successful season which has led to 2 Wembley appearances

Let''s not write anybody off yet, you might not realise it but players have the capacity to improve- remember Chris Martin at Luton?

Well done to both of them.

Thought Godfrey looked good and was the Shrews best player... Only 19.... Not convinced with Morris

I think by all accounts Godfrey has been a stand out player at league 1 level this season. Morris less so although he’s the sort of striker who I think helps the rest of the team play off him rather than being a player who will get you 20 plus goals. We obviously need the latter although could see a role for him off the bench.

That the three relegated teams were last seasons extremely poor relegated teams seems to confirm the gulf between league 1 and the champs.

I suspect that both loanees will be competing for squad space next season. Both need to improve further. Will be interesting to see how each does but my money remains on Godfrey being the one to make an impact

I like Godfrey looks to have pace and power and gets up and down but is mature enough to sit and hold his position i think he is the type of player our midfield is lacking