Sign in to follow this  
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Answers on a Postcard

Funny that because I''m sure I saw him last week in the city. Didn''t get an opportunity to speak with him, but pretty sure it was him.

This postcard?

Dear Norwich City fans,

Everything comes to an end and today is the end of a long journey of five years spent together.

You were a great support to me throughout those years and I can''t thank you enough for that. There was ups and downs during all this time - I gave you loads of palpitations by not getting rid of the ball quick enough or when dribbling at the back (I could hear you almost roaring LOL) but I also remember putting some smiles on your faces at Carrow Road and away when celebrating my goals or making desperate tackles like the Lion that I am.

Unfortunately, in football, things are too quickly forgotten and it''s a shame because I gave everything I had for our club.

It''s this commitment and passion for our club that got me ''Player of the Season'' as well as playing a big part in our promotion back to the Premier League.

I will never forget the afternoon of 25 May 2015 at Wembley Stadium when you came as one man and formed the 12th man of the pitch, and I use this opportunity to thank you once again.

I will never forget those memories because they are unforgettable.

But above all, being named captain of this team was a feeling extra special.

All I will remember is the good times we had together, the laughs we exchanged and the love we gave to each other because that''s what matters the most. I came from Spurs to reboost my professional career and what I''ve found in the end is a real family over here.

I wish I had the chance to play one last time at Carrow Road to say a proper goodbye to you.

I am now about to write a new chapter in my life with you in my heart as true love never dies.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and may God be with you. On the Ball City!

Love,

– SÉBASTIEN BASSONG

This is an odd one. You’d have thought he’d have continued playing for someone. He’s still only 32 but seems to have just vanished.

Think he may still be in Norfolk - found a news article about him being banned from driving for speeding on the A11 from November and he stated in mitigation that he was "unemployed and living off savings". Gave his address in the news report so I googled it to see what kind of area he had lived in (just out of curiosity) and looks like his house is on the market at the moment. I''m not certain it''s his house, but I don''t think Wymondham is a hotbed of ethnic diversity, and the photos on the side have what appears to be a black family in them, and there''s a huge football related painting on the living room wall so 2+2 = ....
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71239820.html  (I thought about whether to include the link but the info is already in the public domain and took me about 1 minute to end up on the page with no intent to find out where he lived, so if people really wanted to know, it would be pretty easy to find anyway. Can''t imagine anyone wishes Seb any ill either).

If you look closely at the bar football table, you can see the central defender has lost concentration and isn''t holding the line. Definitely Seb''s house.

Must be tough living in the outskirts of Wymondham with no job or wheels though.

Yes he lives nearish me but didnt realise he was selling up. I''m a bit surprised he hasnt already signed for another club but I wonder if its a wage demand issue.

I wonder if it is as much an issue about how much he wants to keep playing. He''s 31, has probably earned a fair whack and never struck me as the most dedicated player.

He was training up in Birmingham wasn''t he? I''ve certainly not heard anything about him paying Colney a visit.

It is a mighty odd one, clearly thinks he is better than he is, otherwise someone somewhere would have signed him up by now!