Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Who signed JR?

[quote user="King Keano"]Let’s see how much your squads worth once Maddison has gone. There’s not a lot else is there in all honesty?

I’m not denying that in the last 9-10 years you’ve had the more success. But there’s no doubting which side has a proper history. Your ‘legends’ game the other day proves as much![/quote]
I''m glad you mentioned the legends game Keano. It''s probably difficult for you to comprehend but the game was put on by the CSF who are the charity partners of our football club. It was to raise money to improve the great work they are already doing in the community. It was gladly supported by the football club and supporters and hopefully has gone a long way to establishing the next part of the ambitious Nest project.
I''m trying to think of something that you could compare it to. Maybe your initiative with St Johns Ambulance? Oh no, I forgot, that was you taking money off them. Or perhaps that 250k drug investment after the mob turned up at your training ground? 
I''ve been meaning to ask you. Were your lot really just the innocent party when Layne, Swan and Kaye were banged up for match fixing? Your club''s subsequent behaviour would suggest not...

Well at least Inter Forever turned up
Perhaps ITFCBLUES (for that is who he is) might care to remind us what happened to their second game against Lazio, the one which was supposed to be as payment for their keeper Sereni.
Was that a fire sale young bin boy ?
Not too good if it was. You supposedly paid £4m for him and then let him go for a couple of friendlies.
Lazio Forever, perhaps
Forever waiting for them to turn up, just as you are forever are stuck in the Championship. Seventeen seasons now.
oh dear

I note that Tim Sherwood has now become the clear second favourite for the poisoned chalice, with near hysteria amongst many binners:-

"Would be a terrible appointment, what''s he achieved ...square root of nothing. Ex scummer too."

"Can''t stand the gobby little turd."

are typical of comments posted on today''s pages.

So it will possibly be complete meltdown if the expected appointment of Hurst fails to materialise.

Roll on! If they do end up with Tim then, as one of the least informed members of this forum, I will expect a well earned accolade from all and sundry; whilst that highly amusing Keane character will surely not be seen on these pages for some time.

Shrewsbury v. Rotherham this pm will be interesting, not least because two of our best will be on show.

Meltdown is your default mood ''fella.''

You''d have no need to keep coming on here with your repetitive nonsense if you had full confidence in your own club.

I notice that quite a few of your fellow fans are already getting a bit nervous about some of the things they have heard about Hurst, his pedigree and his style of football. That Wembley showing doesn''t seem to have made him many friends either.

Is it true too that he''s a nasty piece of work as well?

You''re welcome. Massive risk from where I view things. All his achievements, such as they are, have been in the lower reaches of the football hierarchy after all.

P.S. What are his gardening skills like as apparently his first task will be to clean the foliage from the roof of that stand?

I''ve hear his transfer budget is to be funded by selling off surplus seats at poorman road.
I''m not to sure how much 16,000 barely used blue plastic seats will fetch
But it all helps I suppose

[quote user="King Keano"]No meltdown here fella!

Hurst is all but done by all accounts. Excellent appointment.[/quote]

Christ it must be heart breaking that we get more for a charity match than the binmen get for a league match.. how tinpot is that.

And turned down by Ross for Sunderland LOL!

This quote made me laugh
"Well Hurst is obviously used to handling players that are of First

Division standard, so he will be at home with many in Town’s squad."

No need to adapt to bigger crowds
and Shrewsbury is also a bit of a rural backwater

I think the best bit of all this is how they were all convinced it would be Jack Ross and they weren''t even contemplating it being anybody else. Now he''s turned the binmen down, they are trying to kidd themselves that Hurst was always first choice and they never wanted Ross.

I suppose you have to scrape the barrel when a manager turns you down for a (admittedly much bigger) League One club.

On the face of it Hurst doesn''t look a terrible appointment but equally hilarious that the entirety of TWTD got themselves all excited about Ross only for him to turn them down for a club in League One.

Lampard also turned them down supposedly on a difference in thought on personal terms.
But never mind the paupers have new shirts, with the second strip looking like it has been made out of old 1980''s left over quilt covers.
Which given their parlous state might well be the case

I think Hurst is potentially a good appointment, but problems there run deeper than the manager. Be interesting to see if anyone tries to poach Waghorn in the summer.

There is no problems that run anywhere. We just don’t have a big budget, much like yourselves and a fair few other clubs in this division.

Because having a pitch that is not fit for purpose, a squad that you will currently struggle to get 11 players with more than a dozen players with ten or more senior games to your name and an academy that has produced diddley squat over the past few years
As to us then there a fair few who will fetch a good price if they wantto move on.
Murphy, Lewise, Pinto, Klose not to mention Maddison.
We have crowds that are around 15,00 higher than what turn up at poorman road so money wise there is still that gap.
Oh, and is there any truth in the thought that you will be re-naming poorman road, Shepherd''s Bush ?

Pitch is being relayed. I’m not really sure what the rest of that babble actually meant?

We’ve also provided more minutes to under 21 players than every other club in the division last season other than Forest I believe it was? The academy is producing players again with a number of players playing in England youth teams. So it’s fair to say the academy is churning out players.

The players you’ve listed aren’t really worth a lot in reality are they? If you want me to list a load of players worth a few million each I’m fairly certain I can. Waghorn alone has to be worth more than that lot combined?

Getting relegated to L1 would suggest there’s problems. We’re unfortunately in a very competitive division these days where a lot of clubs have big money or parachute payments.

You’re in exactly the same boat as us now so I’m sure you’ll find out!

Dear me, you really are dim, even for a binner
Waghorn is worth more than Murphy, Lewis, Pinto, Klose and Maddison combined ! ! !
As to your academy the proof is in those who make it through to the first team. Patching up an injury prone squad with young hopefuls is not really developing players.
ps where did all the money go that Evans had from you lot handing over money ..... for a supposed Cat 1 ?

Waghorn wouldn''t fetch more than £3 million. And i''m being fairly optimistic.

But he''s worth more than Murphy, Lewis, Pinto, Klose and Maddison combined.... so ITfCBLUES informs us.
I would expect Oliveira to fetch more than Waghorn.

Not sure about the Hogesar- Jordan Hugill scored less goals than Waghorn but went for about £8m.

I think if a newly relegated club took a punt he''d fetch about £5m. But I''m also pretty confident we could get that Nelson.

[quote user="king canary"]Not sure about the Hogesar- Jordan Hugill scored less goals than Waghorn but went for about £8m.

I think if a newly relegated club took a punt he''d fetch about £5m. But I''m also pretty confident we could get that Nelson.[/quote]
Hugill isn''t the norm though. Comparing players to the more ''extreme'' transfers you can say that we''d get £6 million for Trybull. But we won''t.
Hugill also had a better (albeit slightly) championship record in the past and a Prem team fancied taking a punt. I think if a Prem team was interested in Waghorn then there is potential for £5 million. But i''d put a decent wedge of my own money on Waghorn not going for £5 million this summer. Ignoring his very good season for them lot last season, he''s been less than bang average. I suspect this season will see a more realistic return from him, with Ipswich defying the general rule for the opening period last season and taking a ridiculous percentage of their chances. That tailed off and is unlikely to happen again for them next season.

I''d rather have Waghorn than Oliveira anyday (or at least the player that Nelson has currently chosen to be.)

If he''s rated @ about £5m the I can''t see him being at the Portaloo next season as Evans won''t resist that. The player is also likely to aspire to bigger wages than they will pay out should there be interested parties.

McCarthy was reportedly very well-liked by the players down there. This new boy seems to be quite strong willed and spouts off about himself quite a lot.

Such things will affect the attitude and performance of laymen like Waghorn, and also a few others.

Expect as much upheaval at the Loo as at Carrow Road this Summer, if not more.

Whatever, it''s still liklely to go ape-shite knowing that club.

I believe they have an option of another year, but is significant that he has so far not signed an extension to the current contract.
Whether Hurst pursues MM''s policy of signing injury prone players (they are cheaper) will have to be seen, but at the moment they struggle to field a decent 11 given how many have left.

I didn’t mention Maddison in that bracket. He’s obviously an exceptional talent.

But Waghorn, the player with the 2nd most goals/assists last season behind Reid at Bristol, is probably worth 7-8m? More than the other lot you listed combined.

Well quite, but despite doing that, we STILL finished above you despite being injury ravaged!

You’re now having to sell your best player just to ensure you survive another season and can afford Cat 1. Let’s hope you keep producing these players as if the well goes dry....

[quote user="hogesar"]Waghorn wouldn''t fetch more than £3 million. And i''m being fairly optimistic.[/quote]

In today’s market? You’ve got to think 7-8m at the very least.

[quote user="Mr Ben"]
I believe they have an option of another year, but is significant that he has so far not signed an extension to the current contract.
Whether Hurst pursues MM''s policy of signing injury prone players (they are cheaper) will have to be seen, but at the moment they struggle to field a decent 11 given how many have left.
[/quote]

I suspect Bart will be sold if we get the 5m we’re after.

Again though, that injury prone squad full of untalented youth players STILL finished above your team of cheap Germans....

Murphy, Lewis, Pinto, Klose - if we got less than £10m combined for those 4, I''d be disappointed. Then there''s Oliveira, who - despite a poor season - is probably worth £3-4m.

Injuries? All clubs get them. Trybull missed a big chunk of the season, as did Pritchard, Tettey, Lewis and Leitner - all first choice players when fit.