Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Who signed JR?

Anybody else who, like myself, has had half an eye on the long running ITFC new manager saga will have been somewhat amused by today''s events.

The the overwhelming favourite amongst the binners, Jack Ross of St. Mirren, has apparently agreed to take the vacant Sunderland job. It''s now a collective meltdown in the blue part of Suffolk and Evans has once again become the villain for his apparent dithering. They thought that they had unearthed another Alex Neil.

However, it must have been a no-brainer, as they say, for the man himself as he will have more funds, be at a bigger club, be pitched at a league level more seemingly suited to his inevitable adjustment and be nearer to his Scottish roots.

The other main contender at Towen, but less fancied by far by the binmen is Paul Hurst (?) the Shrewsbury manager who Evans is due to interview after his L1 play-off commitments.

With Lampard turning them down due to insufficient terms and Ross seemingly going elsewhere we just need Hurst to decide to remain with his current club to turn the whole episode into a complete farce.

Furthermore, if Shrewsbury win then this is likely and then the next in line would seem to be, wait for it, the one and only Tim Sherwood who, although far from being a fan''s favourite is apparently rated by Evans.

Fingers crossed this latter comes about as I foresee a disaster of delightful proportions.

Happy days?

Should Farke continue to disappoint then we might well find ourselves similarly having to weigh up candidates. I wouldn''t expect the process to last a full two months though and neither would I want Tim Sherwood to be in the reckoning.

Tim Sherwood would be an ideal and suitable candidate for Ipswich.....With Tim being caught and fined for fly-tipping.....all those years ago.....

A runty little club in the arz end of nowhere is hardly likely to be much of a draw.
The actual numbers who turn up have fallen to around a third of the stadium, the pitch is no better than a Sunday park pitch and half the squad is either departing as their loan ends, the paupers can''t afford to renew their contracts or they are basically shyte.
A youth set up where Evans made off with the donations (so no Cat 1)and those that do come through tend to drift off down the leagues.
Yep, the potless paupers don''t sound too much of a dream job.
applicants still interested should send their CV to
Marcus Evans
c/o Poorman Road
Soffick
MT8 1NS

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]According to some Binners they’ve got the best youth set up outside the premier league...[/quote]
Oi fink they mean da geezers who make up da year 6 firm
da ''bin kickers'',
.......... err innit

A friend tells me they''re all clamouring for George Burley to return.

And they call us tinpot hahaha

Some want Burley back, but he''s not amongst their favourites.

Everybody under the sun connected with the game has been put forward as a possible replacement for MM, everybody.

From Wenger through to Culverhouse, they''ve all had a mention in the context of the highly desirable vacant position of manager of potless ITFC.

Ross was their absolute darling though and I note that virtually every single posting on page one is about the probable loss of him to Sunderland.

Some clear sour grapes are apparent along the lines that any manager who chooses the Black cats over the great Ipswich Town would not have been worth appointing in any case. Get the logic?

The coverage reminds me of the time when we were thumped at Manchester City when we were in the Premier League and they were floundering in the Chumps. They couldn''t contain their delight.

At least the Daily Norwich is being shelved for the time being.

Tim Sherwood ..... come on down. Made for each other.

The farce continues apace and most of them seem to have given up on Jack Ross and are now pinning their affections upon Paul Hurst who they are talking about in equally gushing terms.

Having apparently lost out on the ''next Alex Ferguson,'' Hurst is now seen as the ''next Shaun Dyche'' and the one who is destined to lead them to the heights.

Oh dear!

Rumours that Chris Coleman is in the running and has been spotted in the vicinity have them in a collective state of panic, whilst Tim Sherwood remains third favourite with the bookies.

Either Evans has performed a masterstroke (in landing Hurst) or he has messed up totally and left the club evaluating either the unpopular or the also-rans.

Keep it running.

Given how the binners usually end up scrabbling around the Oxfam bargain shelf I would not be surprised if Evans has offered minimum funds and so will make do with some ''proven promotion manager''.
If Ross could be tempted to pastures much greener, who is to say the same would not apply to Hurst ?

[quote user="0rgyn the Mighty"]
Lets hope the paupers do better at selling ST''s
ps looks like the bookies have earned a few bob off the dim witted farmhands who bet on JR being at PR
[/quote]

Paupers? Love it! Happy days selling your prized assets this summer and replacing them with cheap Germans! Worked miracles last season.

It was always Hurst or Ross for us. It appears that we never actually offered Ross the job and Hurst was always the number one target. Suspect he’ll be appointed next week. By all accounts, will be an excellent appointment!

"Cheap Germans?

Tom Trybull or Cole (in the hole) Skuse anybody?

Young Zimmerframe or Old Mr. Fistpump anybody?

Mario Vrancic or Teddy "the crock" Bishop anybody?

Talking of cheap, three of the current ITFC players, Huws, the City cast off Tom Adeyemi and Webster were actually signed on the cheap because of their previous poor fitness records.

Then the fans bemoan their misfortune with injuries.

Add to this the few over-rated and delicate youngsters who were prematurely forced to replace them, were far from upto it and therefore ended up in the sick room too, and it is clear that whoever replaces McCarthy will have a monumental job on his hands maintaining the club''s un-enviable longevity in the Championship.

No wonder the bookies have the paupers amongst the favourites for relegation.

Btw, is it true that Bill Oddie has been spotted hiding in the foliage on the roof of the SBR stand in order to get in some bird watching?

[quote user="King Keano"]

Paupers? Love it! Happy days selling your prized assets this summer and replacing them with cheap Germans! Worked miracles last season.

It was always Hurst or Ross for us. It appears that we never actually offered Ross the job and Hurst was always the number one target. Suspect he’ll be appointed next week. By all accounts, will be an excellent appointment![/quote]
Yes, all those millions will really hurt us.
Perhaps a couple of those ''replacements'' might be Gordon and Morris who have played a pivotal role in Hurst''s success this season
What say you, ITFCBlues ?
ps if you paupers are quick you might be able to get some of our used pitch to patch up your tatty playing surface.... any idea when Evans is going to spend to get it fixed ?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Cheap Germans?

Tom Trybull or Cole (in the hole) Skuse anybody?

Young Zimmerframe or Old Mr. Fistpump anybody?

Mario Vrancic or Teddy "the crock" Bishop anybody?

Talking of cheap, three of the current ITFC players, Huws, the City cast off Tom Adeyemi and Webster were actually signed on the cheap because of their previous poor fitness records.

Then the fans bemoan their misfortune with injuries.

Add to this the few over-rated and delicate youngsters who were prematurely forced to replace them, were far from upto it and therefore ended up in the sick room too, and it is clear that whoever replaces McCarthy will have a monumental job on his hands maintaining the club''s un-enviable longevity in the Championship.

No wonder the bookies have the paupers amongst the favourites for relegation.

Btw, is it true that Bill Oddie has been spotted hiding in the foliage on the roof of the SBR stand in order to get in some bird watching?[/quote]

Exactly. All those injured players.....

All these poor youngsters.....

Last season we were favourites for relegation.....

And yet we STILL finished above your concoction of cheap German cast offs....

Times are changing, next season you’ll be even weaker after the next fire sale....get used to it!

[quote user="0rgyn the Mighty"]

It was always Hurst or Ross for us. It appears that we never actually offered Ross the job and Hurst was always the number one target. Suspect he’ll be appointed next week. By all accounts, will be an excellent appointment![/quote]
Yes, all those millions will really hurt us.
Perhaps a couple of those ''replacements'' might be Gordon and Morris who have played a pivotal role in Hurst''s success this season
What say you, ITFCBlues ?
ps if you paupers are quick you might be able to get some of our used pitch to patch up your tatty playing surface.... any idea when Evans is going to spend to get it fixed ?
[/quote]

Na, all those millions will just about keep your head above water for another season.....

Blimey! He''s early, first up on the postings this morning and on a rivals forum too.

Is this a first? Obsession or what?

The thing is he really needn''t have bothered as it''s just a question of the same old nonsense being repeated whereas our retorts regarding the paucity of his own little club have endless avenues to pursue.

Apparently Evans has two demands of any new manager he finally gets around to appointing:

(1) Finish above mid-table for once.

(2) Get three points against Norwich City for once.

Of the hundreds he has interviewed none yet have been able to give these assurances.

P.S. I have already today sent a packet of ''Weedol'' to C/O: Main Office, ITFC, Portman Road, Ipswich (Nr. Colchester,) Suffolk (Nr. Norfolk) as a charitable gesture.

It was always Hurst or Ross for us. It appears that we never actually offered Ross the job and Hurst was always the number one target. Suspect he’ll be appointed next week. By all accounts, will be an excellent appointment![/quote]Where have I heard that before ?

Hilarious seeing binners come on here and try to argue their case and try to run down our club.  Hilarious.  I suppose we should make allowances for them as they have been so weak over the last few years.  We are in the same league, they might even finish above us sometimes, but the end of the day they are still Ipswich and we are Norwich - and no amount of bleating can change that.   I should stick to twtd Keano, no, on second thoughts keep posting, it''s providing a bit of entertainment in this close season.   How much is your squad worth...and how much is one of our players'', Maddison, worth again? 

TWTD has some sensible posters, despite what might be deduced from the contributions of this Keane character.

Under the heading: "We''re at it again," one has posted:-

"Talking as though it''s a pretty much done deal that Hurst will be signing next week.

Its not likely that we will be the only club talking to him, nor are we likely to be the most attractive option.

We sure aren''t going to be the only club waiting for the final whistle on Sunday before making an official approach."

How very true. Good sense occasionally prevails.

If Evans does fail to land Hurst then there will be a lot of egg on a lot of faces in deepest Suffolk.

Mind you they are used to that embarrassment, remember the waving of banknotes when Evans took over, planes with banners flying over Carrow Road and placards on motorway bridges prior to the Wembley final. Whilst a highlight of last season for us yellows was the premature outburst of celebration in the blue part of the stadium at the last derby game. The list is endless.

You can actually now add the Jack Ross saga to this list, when in actual fact it seems they had more chance of landing Ross Jack as manager.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]TWTD has some sensible posters, despite what might be deduced from the contributions of this Keane character.

Under the heading: "We''re at it again," one has posted:-

"Talking as though it''s a pretty much done deal that Hurst will be signing next week.

Its not likely that we will be the only club talking to him, nor are we likely to be the most attractive option.

We sure aren''t going to be the only club waiting for the final whistle on Sunday before making an official approach."

How very true. Good sense occasionally prevails.

If Evans does fail to land Hurst then there will be a lot of egg on a lot of faces in deepest Suffolk.

Mind you they are used to that embarrassment, remember the waving of banknotes when Evans took over, planes with banners flying over Carrow Road and placards on motorway bridges prior to the Wembley final. Whilst a highlight of last season for us yellows was the premature outburst of celebration in the blue part of the stadium at the last derby game. The list is endless.

You can actually now add the Jack Ross saga to this list, when in actual fact it seems they had more chance of landing Ross Jack as manager.[/quote]
The real story here is that they actually were after Ross Jack, currently managing Turriff United in the Highland Football League and got mistakenly linked with Jack Ross....

Let’s see how much your squads worth once Maddison has gone. There’s not a lot else is there in all honesty?

I’m not denying that in the last 9-10 years you’ve had the more success. But there’s no doubting which side has a proper history. Your ‘legends’ game the other day proves as much!

"Yeh, yeh, but AFTER you have sold your >£20M player, come back to me"..................

I know, that Legends game was a bit of a waste of time, apart from the (higher than Binners avge) attendance.............

[quote user="King Keano"]But there’s no doubting which side has a proper history.[/quote]Poor old binners always fall back on "history".
Their "history" includes knocking St John''s ambulance, local businesses and even their own shareholders.
That''s something to be proud of...

I love how Broady is spending a lot of time on this thread slagging off the Scum and quite rightly so but on Lakey''s Liverpool v Real Madrid thread he is saying he would any English club in Europe. I do hope he does not really mean what he says. [:P][;)]

"I do hope he does not really mean what he says."

Hehe.

Fair enough, but the chances of them ever playing in a European competition again is about as remote as Dennis Sbreny topping the Championship goal scoring rankings next season.

(I know you rate him a lot.)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"I do hope he does not really mean what he says."

Hehe.

Fair enough, but the chances of them ever playing in a European competition again is about as remote as Dennis Sbreny topping the Championship goal scoring rankings next season.

(I know you rate him a lot.)[/quote]
I still stand by my pub team sunday morning judgement Broady and have seen nothing yet to change my view.