Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

OR, Everton 4-5-1 approach...

I know i said i wanted to see WLY up with Deano in a front two but if Worthy has a real fit of creativity, what about a change of formation to the Everton model? Stick him in the middle of a 5 man midfield with saf and hughes either side of him so he can get a bit of space and protection. Then it''d be:

..............Greeno................

Colin..Doc..Shackell..Dukebox

Marney..Safri....Hughes..Jimbo
..................WLY...............

.................Deano..............

In fact, the more i think about it, the more i like it!

I would like to see that or any sort f new idea on saturday but I think this is the team that will be paying.

Green

Colin Doherty Shackell Drury

Marney Hughes Safri Brennan

Ashton McViegh

Worthy has been given the dreaded vote of confidence so I expect there to be a few changes but the 4-4-2 will be stuck to. IMO this team is good and the best we have at the moment, Doherty and Hughes will add the much needed muscle to the team while McViegh, on form is one of the most feared men in the Championship. BRING ON THE PLYMOUTH.

Actually I think we should be more adventurous than the Everton 4-5-1. I think we should go for Man Utd''s 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 which has two attacking wide men with limited defensive responsibilities. This I beleive is the formation which would suit Huckerby down to a tee. He can pick the ball up deep and have a licence to attack. Then we could play Jarratt and Hughes as players who work up and down, with Safri at the base of the midfield acting as defensive cover, sparying balls over the pitch, as he is our best playmaker, with Marney deputising for any injuries. This allows a space on wide right for McVeigh, who I think would excel in such a role if he could get his game together. Or if not him, how about Jarvis or Henderson??!!

My team:

Green

MLJ  Fleming  Shackell  Drury

Safri

Jarrett     Hughes

McVeigh                Huckerby

Ashton