Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

new signing?

Twitter chatter on the #ncfc hashtag suggesting a new signing is imminent. Union Berlin have posted wishing Toni Leistner all the best for the future...

BTW, I have absolutely no insight, so it could all be complete bulls..t!

Stuart Webber had said we had a deal already done, but I doubt it''s Toni Leistner. With Hanley, Klose, Zimmerman, Franke and Raggett on the books, I could only see it if Franke and Klose had already arranged moves, and Farke seemed to want as little disruption as possible.

Probably Sam Kelly from Everton

Mashiter has said there will be some Norwich news ‘out later’.

Most of the NCFC transfer chat today seems to be coming from Notts County fans though. Norwich are pretty good at keeping a lid on things when they want to.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]

Probably Sam Kelly from Everton[/quote]

Turns out I meant Tom Scully, so God knows how I got the name so wrong.

Seems the ‘news’ Mashiter was referring to is the fact that Norwich are looking at Dean Henderson and Danny Ward as a option for goalkeeper.

Danny Ward makes a lot of sense as Webber had him at Huddersfield where he was regarded a huge success. Henderson is on a free and highly rated - Norwich would certainly have seen a lot of him at Shrewsbury.

Looks like Remi Matthews is firmly nailed on as the number 2 then.

As it''s June 1st I was expecting some kind of Bosman signing. In his Radio Norfolk interview he''d said we were looking further than the German leagues, and would be signing players of other nationalities this summer. But then later on he''d said he was trying to develop deep knowledge in a select few leagues.

Player contracts are until the end of June not May so those guys would arrive on 1st July.

With Jones also leaving this summer Norwich will need at least 1 new keeper regardless of how they rate Matthews and I’m sure the club would like to move McGovern on also and would then need to get 2 in.

Henderson is on a free and all in all has been regarded as possibly the best keeper in League One. Danny Ward is a top quality goalie and if Norwich can get him cheap (it seems Liverpool are keen to sell) then he’d be a brilliant addition.

While the club are trying to promote from within it doesn’t mean avoiding potentially better players from elsewhere.

Probably won''t see much movement until towards the end of June, as Bethnal has said contracts run until last day of June usually in the football world.

The only rumour I''ve heard is that we''re after Henderson, a young keeper who is poised to leave Man Utd apparently. Bethnal, whilst he is ''on a free'', he''s under 23 so I believe that means we would need to pay Man Utd compensation.

Personally, I''d run the rule over Remi in pre-season first but the club will know what the best options are.

Only have to pay compensation if he is offered a contract by Man U on equal terms to his existing contract and he refuses it - which doesn’t seem likely.

If Norwich want Henderson they won’t be the only one and don’t think they with have to luxury of waiting until pre-season starts to bring him in. I’m sure Webber/Farke/Adams and the scouts will have seen every He season and Matthews performance last season and will be able to make a judgement now on who they consider to be best.

Both very good keepers and from good clubs where they will have developed well from a young age. Ward did very well at Huddersfield when they got promoted and Henderson looked impressive at Wembley last weekend. No doubt Godfrey and Morris can give Webber/Farke advice on what Henderson is like as well.

Of the three in contention (including Remi), I''d choose Ward given he''s played at Championship level already.