Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Carlton morris injury

Out for a few months with ACL injury.

Terrible new for the player and assuming he was going to have a chance as back up might mean we need even more striker reinforcements.

Well there are a couple off months to go still before the season starts so that is some small consolation for him.
So good luck, and here''s hoping we see him at CR soon

I wish him well and a successful career wherever he finishes up after he recovers from that and regains his fitness; I doubt it will be here though.

A big setback for the young man but surely he was not seen as the answer to our problems up top ?

Really sorry for him, he was allowed to play on after he became injured in the play off final, he was obviously keen to continue, then went down again. I hope his injury wasnt exacerbated by not being taken off straight away.He really needed a good pre season working with the manager and the squad, I have a feeling we wont be seeing too much of him next season, hope I''m wrong.

I dont know about a few months, it sounds like Carlton''s ACL is somewhat more serious than Maddison''s ACL injury. Such bad luck to have two City guys who scored some goals thru the season to both get a similar injury in the last game of their respective seasons. The jury was out as to wether Carlton Morris could have been in Farke''s plans for  the start of the new season, but this puts paid to that.
He is a young guy so hopefully can heal up and get his fitness back quicker than it would seem at the moment. Wish him well for that.

Maddison didn’t do his ACL.

An ACL injury is usually 9 months out and generally ha da negative impacts for the rest of the players career and they tend to recur. He’ll do incredibly well to play again in 2018 and wouldn’t be a massive shock if he didn’t get fit for the entire 2018/19 season.

Real shame for the player and the club. Morris came away from Shrewsbury with positive reviews and could have probably made a decent fee in the summer window.

Apparently expected to return around Feb next year. Can''t help but feel the injury has come at the worst possible time for his development, ACL is no joke either.

Whilst it is dreadful news for Carlton and we all hope he makes a full recovery, there was no future here for him realistically.

I spoke to a guy involved in the youth set-up less than a year ago who couldn''t understand why Morris and Toffolo etc were not being given a chance by the club, especially considering the financial issues at the club.

He made it clear that they were ''not rated'' by the management and didn''t expect them to prosper whilst at Carrow Road.

I doubt we’ll be sending any more players to Shrewsbury after this. He was clearly injured and playing on with the injury could have serious repercussions to his career. He should have been taken off immediately and it’s irresponsible of Shrewsbury not to do this.

Sad news, but he’s not a quitter and will come back.

Nice to see Elliott Bennett keeping in touch. What a class bloke he is - remember him sat with the away fans at Old Trafford when not playing. If Carlton is taking advice from him, he’ll not go far wrong.

Good luck lad.

Awful news but it seems he has the right support in place. Hope it is a smooth recovery rather than similar to thompson or jarvis returns.

Fingers crossed he can see some pitch time next spring, even if just the U23 fixtures, so he can be ready for the following season whether here or at another club.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Maddison didn’t do his ACL.

An ACL injury is usually 9 months out and generally ha da negative impacts for the rest of the players career and they tend to recur. He’ll do incredibly well to play again in 2018 and wouldn’t be a massive shock if he didn’t get fit for the entire 2018/19 season.

Real shame for the player and the club. Morris came away from Shrewsbury with positive reviews and could have probably made a decent fee in the summer window.[/quote]
Was trying to allude to the fact that Madders did not do his ACL, by saying Carlton''s  is somewhat more serious. But when Madders first got injured there was strong talk of him doing his ACL and we all feared the worst, until his scan came thru a few days later.
vlad, its debatable if Carlton''s injury was made worse by him carrying on, also we have no idea what or if any Shrews staff advised him to come off or not. All i can see is that it was a Play off final at Wembley and for a young guy like Carlton, they dont happen to often. His mind was naturally willing him to carry on as much as he could, cant blame him for that.

Really gutted to hear this, as I think this season was probably his best chance of making it here. I''m sure the club will stick by him, help him rehab and give him a chance when he comes back but it''s certainly going to be uphill for him.

ACL would probably mean we won''t see him kick a ball in anger until the new year

AJ
as this from the Pinkun confirms

"The 22-year-old picked up the injury at Wembley on Sunday, as loan

club Shrewsbury were beaten 2-1 by Rotherham in the League One play-off

final.

He is now set for surgery before learning the length of his

rehabilitation but the serious nature of an ACL injury would suggest he

is potentially out for the rest of 2018."

Given Shrewsburys style of play, its a miracle any of their strikers scores a goal. When Morris gets fit he needs to play in a team that creates chances for their forwards.

If Hurst repeats Shrewsbury''s style at Poorman Rd. then they are in for a shock!