Sign in to follow this  
hampton canary

Do Norwich fans really care about new Ipswich manager?

I know there isn''t much football news regarding Norwich at the moment, but do we really care that Ipswich have appointed Paul Hurst as manager.

Not only is there a large article on him in todays headlines, but they have also included a poll on whether he is a good appointment.

Personally I prefer to read about Norwich City as opposed to a poorly supported team in Suffolk.

It is little more than what''s known as click bait
Or when the farm hands find out it will be master bait

Don''t care in the slightest as scum will always be Scum but i can think of one or two on here who will be rubbing their hands at littering this messageboard with threads and posts containing the same old tired cliches and lines.

But care enough to put up a post...
........saying how you
don''t care in the slightest

"Personally I prefer to read about Norwich City as opposed to a poorly supported team in Suffolk."

I am very sure that all of us on here would prefer to read about NCFC as opposed to ITFC. Obvious really.

However, I fail to realise how this should exclude us from taking an interest in the affairs of that ''poorly supported team,'' who just happen to be our great historical rivals, and it is not just a willingness to avoid being narrow minded either.

Enjoying such a rivalry adds spice to supporting our club, especially when they seem to have been in a state of some turmoil for some time now.

Taking the piss is appropriate and enjoyable, especially as we constantly get it back in bigger bucket loads after all.

My family tree includes a more than a few self-confessed Ipswich haters in it''s make up. I have no intention of curtailing this tradition now, although "hate" as such really doesn''t come into it.

In this context, I for one, do care (if that is the correct word) about their new manager.

I love football..some would say obsessed with it. But as much as i love and support Norwich I hate ipswich as a football club (The majority of their fans are fine, infact they are just people like us!!!) so am interested in what they do.

Hurst seems a good appointment for them, hopefully he will fail miserably and om not sure he sers his teams up much more entertainly than mccarthy,adept at getting blood out of a stone in terms of results not unlike mad Mick but I kinda like that he has already started as he means to go on by losing to a Norwich fan in his last game.

I could see a couple of NCFC youngsters looking at a local move if they don''t get game time next season.

I’m not entirely worries to be honest. His Shrewsbury team finished 3rd after being in the top 2 for most the season. Lost the EFL trophy final and Play-off final. Got bottlejob written all over him. Perfect appointment for The Scum. Plus he’ll soon find out he’ll have no money to spend and won’t be able to loan players from us.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Lost the EFL trophy final and Play-off final. Got bottlejob written all over him. Perfect appointment for The Scum.[/quote]The binners have got a proud history of play-off failure so he''s the perfect fit. [:D]

Alternatively ''his Shrewsbury team finished 3rd despite being tipped for relegation at the start of the season.''

[quote user="king canary"]Alternatively ''his Shrewsbury team finished 3rd despite being tipped for relegation at the start of the season.''[/quote]Blimey, I read that as ''King Keano'' at first. [:$]
[:D]

Ipswich are shite.

There is just no need to pretend the new manager doesn''t have an impressive record so far by focusing on two games rather than the whole season.

[quote user="Mr Ben"]
But care enough to put up a post...
........saying how you
don''t care in the slightest
[/quote]
There was me thinking i answered the thread title.

by adding this
"but i can think of one or two on here who will be rubbing their hands

at littering this messageboard with threads and posts containing the

same old tired cliches and lines."
I should let it go old fella
Take the key out of your back and
relax............

[quote user="Mr Ben"]
by adding this
"but i can think of one or two on here who will be rubbing their hands

at littering this messageboard with threads and posts containing the

same old tired cliches and lines."
I should let it go old fella
Take the key out of your back and
relax............
[/quote]
You proved my point with your tiresome farmhand comment and you tell me to let it go ! What next paupers or dim witted ?

Will he be given 4 transfer windows to get his own side and before they see results ? ;-)

he might be a good fit there to be honest Lg 1 players can gel a team together is used to working with little money

Shrewsbury may well of lost the final of the cup and play off due playing to many cup / league games and burnt themselves out

Rubbish club ground and own nothing got a club full of debt but might of got quite a good manager there

If the scummers get off to a flying start, and we start next season like we finished the last, then I''m sure there will be plenty of interest.

I only care as much as keeping informed with the news, the same as any other club. You’ve got to pay attention to these thing though, because it’s helpful to know which teams are in a transitional period and which are not...

I couldn''t care less about Ipswich. They did a slightly better job than we did last season, but what concerns me is that I cannot see Norwich City being anywhere near promotion candidates as things currently stand, so what Ipswich do and do not do doesn''t matter.

I know we’re not supposed to look on their forum but I couldn’t believe that they’re wondering how Hurst will now handle all the extra “ quality” he now has at his disposal 😂

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/432052/it-will-be-interesting-to-see-how-paul-hurst-adapts-to-quality/#22

I suspect a few more of these ''quality'' players will be heading towards the door marked exit by August - and I would also suggest that he will fall out will the farmhands sooner rather than later.
If only that their delusions about their grubby little club are way above what he will find when he gets there.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I know we’re not supposed to look on their forum..........[/quote]
There''s some real crackers on the Maddison thread
"They were apparently had a £30m shortfall."
eh,

our final parachute payment of £32m was paid for this season - we

have taken off the wage bill most of the PL wages and received transfer

fees for Dorrans, Howson, Murphy, Pritchard and Jerome which would

suggest that we will be back within budget this summer.
"I would imagine a significant chunk would be as add-ons. "
oh dear, those are paid as they occur, not rolled up and handed over when the player is sold
"I really, really hope it''s in the 25+% bracket."
Yes, that''s about all you paupers can hope for
"As i work in Norwich i know a lot of Norwich fans and most think they

will be lucky if they get more than £10m. Because his lack of pace and

only having one foot would expose him and frighten away premier clubs,

he''ll end up at a championship club like Middlesbrough or Derby. "
£10m ? I wonder who these supposed ''Norwich fans'' are - those that exist in your head, bin boy ?
That it is likely that any one, two or all of Pinto, Oliveira and Klose could be sold this summer does not seem to have occurred to our dim witted neighbours. Any sale(s) of the above would cut the wages (outgoings) further and increase the income.
They appear to be clinging to the hope that our club will be as badly run as theirs is.
How to deal with a loss of income ?
Carry on as normal, hide the problem then declare yourself bankrupt
What to do with transfer income ?
Hand it all over to your majority shareholder then refer to any money handed back as ''hinvestment''