Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Feel Sorry For Norwich??

When reading the article about Glenn Middleton, it got me thinking has our club ever released any youth team players that have gone on and had successful careers? I know some have down the lower leagues but can’t really recall many/if any that have played at a higher standard then when they were with us. Our club is normally pretty spot on in identifying who will make the step up and who won’t quite cut it.

Dion Dublin.
The deal with Rangers for Middleton does give us a sizeable chunk of any sell on fee they may get if he does well so it won''t be a disaster if he does.

No. Most clubs seem to get it right.
Reading Middleton''s comments about now putting in the work and training (since leaving us) suggests that may well have been the reason for his departure.
Farke has stated that players need to be fully committed, and see this as a privilege to be earned, not a right.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Didn''t we have David Beckham here, for a short period of time, when he was young?[/quote]
Beckham wasn''t on our books, he came here as part of a training camp, at he time he had already committed to Man Utd and did the trip to us for the experience.

When you''re sat in row Z and the ball hits your head,

Its Zamora.

Bit of a sob story from Middleton, sounds like an attitude problem.Power might be better given time.

I liked Middleton the number of times I saw him play and was surprised we let him go. I wish him well..

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Craig Bellamy
[/quote]
You''ve failed to understand the question.

It seems as though he was quite burt by his unexpected exit, which shows some humility.I can only presume, then, that him saying "I feel sorry for Norwich now..." is some sort of line fed to him by a Rangers media ''expert''.Seems a bizarre thing to say.

Maybe he feels sorry for Norwich as he knows Rangers do not want to sign Russ Martin and he is Returning to us and we are stuck with him !

I''m not sure exactly how long he was with us but Jussi Jääskeläinen was on our books as a youngster I believe

I believe we were gazumped thanks to the agent who later went on to represent Grant Holt. So in the end we had done the work and given him a trial for Bolton''s benefit.