Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Liverpool or Real Madrid?

My better half asked me this question this morning and without having to think too hard I said Real Madrid.  Not very supporting to an English side in Europe, I know, but just can''t bring myself to want Liverpool to win. 
So, Liverpool or Real Madrid? [:^)]

I always support the English team when playing foreign opposition.

What''s the matter with you?

What has Liverpool FC ever done to upset you apart from being super successful?

Hillsboro was largely the fault of the local police force and the Heysel stadium was not fit for purpose.

All big city football clubs have their fair share of these hordes of heathens marauding around, as even does England. Liverpool is no exception.

The scousers are great fun, very friendly and hospitable on their own turf and I, for one, have had some fantastic week-ends in that City. Fabulous place.

"All You Need Is Love."

I''m not a fan of the whole Liverpool ''thing'' but Klopp is a great manager and they are decent to watch, I''d certainly prefer them to win than Madrid.

Not a Liverpool fan by any stretch of the imagination but when it comes to a European competition Ill always support the English side. Unless it''s Ipswich.

As a neutral I always look to the side that epitomises fair play, or "fair play" as the French call it, and with Real Madrid having that exemplar of good sportsmanship in Sergio Ramos they have to be my choice.

If only Liverpool had a manager like Farke they could be playing in The Championship with very few prospects of success

Real Madrid...................don''t like Liverpool as a place or a club, neither do I like the people.

Hope Liverpool win but very tough to call.

The Real Madrid team is just full of big game players, players who have won it all and know how to win it.

But nobody wants to play against Mane, Firmino and Salah.

Despite his disciplinary record Ramos is an excellent defender. As good as anyone playing the game and probably the best. A very intriguing battle ahead.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I always support the English team when playing foreign opposition.

What''s the matter with you?

What has Liverpool FC ever done to upset you apart from being super successful?

Hillsboro was largely the fault of the local police force and the Heysel stadium was not fit for purpose.

All big city football clubs have their fair share of these hordes of heathens marauding around, as even does England. Liverpool is no exception.

The scousers are great fun, very friendly and hospitable on their own turf and I, for one, have had some fantastic week-ends in that City. Fabulous place.

"All You Need Is Love."[/quote]

What have Liverpool ever done to us? Perhaps I''m showing my age but their fans murdered 13 Italians in the Heysel stadium and got us banned from Europe. That set Norwich City back years in its development.

As for Liverpool being a friendly place, I''ll have to beg to differ. They''re fine if they win but if you beat them they get very nasty indeed. Ask the Manchester City players if they got a friendly welcome at Annfield!

I hope that Real Madrid wipe the floor with them.

I guess it I need an age thing Dylan. My feelings exactly. Norwich would have qualified for Europe 4 times not one & that could have had a big knock on effect on finance, development etc.. I would even struggle to support Liverpool against Ipswich

Never liked the football club, but like the city of Liverpool and its people, on the whole, so will go for them.

That and I don''t like Real Madrid.

Just been up to Tescos and thieved a few tinnies, really in the mood now, come on you Scousers👍

Liverpool are fun to watch this season, Klopp seems like fun and I despise Real Madrid so I''m more than happy to cheer on Liverpool.

I’ll be watching in a pub on the Wirral so I’ll be supporting Liverpool., but I think Madrid will win.

Liverpool is a great place for a night out, more lively than London. The people up here are more friendly than anywhere else I’ve been in England and I’ll be moving up here permanently in 6 weeks time.

Maybe ...if we were a club that qualified for europe every season maybe I could brush it off as easily as you...I''ve seen us in europe once ...and that was possibly the only time in of lifetime....they robbed us of 3 further occasions

Not that friendly, I once got ambushed by about 7 people following a cup replay in the late 80''s. To be fair another 4-5 guys looked after us. Higher proportion of scum than a lot of places in the UK but also a lot of great people and a few friends from there.....

I hope they win, English team after all, fantastic club generally, though I have no particular love for their fans. Ps: the authorities banned us, not the club, scandalous decision.

"Hillsboro was largely the fault of the local police force and the Heysel stadium was not fit for purpose."
maybe the local police had experience of previous '' encounters ''
and odd how the Heysel stadium had not caused any other fans to behave in such a way
so it is the lesser of two ''evils'' - which with a double of Fulham and Madrid
my pocket will be backing Madrid

How about the old cliche

Football will be the winner

C''''mon Liverpool. Ronaldo-great player but the most selfish and jealous of human beings. Don''t want him crowing again.

Always root for an an English team no matter who they are.