Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Building a premier league team around Maddison

I would love our owners to have a bit of ambition and do what''s is necessary to keep Madders and build a sustainable PL team around Maddison

Instead I suspect they will flog him and buy loads of bang average German 2nd division players

I tell you know I for one will be furious if the revert to type and not show ambition in fact that would be the final nail in the coffin of the stowmarket 2 for me

9 out of ten for trolling, if you had managed to include a reference to Nephew Tom & Ed Balls you might''ve got a 10. [:D]

They are actively selling him as we speak.... Like I have always said, I for one will be properly p**sed off when he is sold.

Best player we have had in ages sold to plug a hole in our finances because our owners misspent the best chance to stay in the top flight in my time watching the club!

Have no faith that what money they do have will be spend well.

A few assumptions there, it''s not just a question of making a bold statement and then clicking your fingers and expecting everything to fall into place.

1. How can you possibly build a PL side around one player? You need more than one star to build a promotion side. How do we attain the others? Besides it''s one big mantle to place upon the shoulders of one so young.

2. How assured can we be that we can actually build that side? Many other clubs have spent tons of money over the past few seasons or so and failed. They have had their fair share of stars.

3. How long is this plan given to succeed? Vital consideration as a prolonged period at Championship level will mean a build up of losses for our club, especially when forgoing the Maddison money.

4.How can we assume that JM is prepared to stay at Carrow Road given the obvious interest from clubs already in the Premier League who can offer him a lot more than he can gain at Norwich City, whilst chasing some dream?

It''s easy running a club from a keyboard. Best not to emphasise that fact. There seems to be an outbreak of Cnutism regarding this player and NCFC.

The three basic facts of the Maddison situation are:

1. Bigger and wealthier clubs have always been capable of poaching the best players from smaller outfits since time began. This is no different.

2. Maddison would want to further his career and profile, earn more money, enhance his international chances and generally gain more recognition all-round than he could get at Carrow Road.

3. The club could do with/ desperately needs the financial input of such a sale in order to improve the all-round quality of the squad with some salted away for future needs.

We can but dream, but COME ON.

[quote user="The Phantom Raspberry Blower"]I would love our owners to have a bit of ambition and do what''s is necessary to keep Madders and build a sustainable PL team around Maddison

Instead I suspect they will flog him and buy loads of bang average German 2nd division players

I tell you know I for one will be furious if the revert to type and not show ambition in fact that would be the final nail in the coffin of the stowmarket 2 for me[/quote]
I''ve often wondered if the bankruptcy figures for Norfolk are way above the national average, because if quite a few posters here run their personal finances the way they demand from the owners of Norwich City they must either be in Queer Street or heading straight there.

"The Phantom Raspberry Blower"

"I tell you know I for one will be furious"

now or know?

I think it is pretty clear you are already furious.

Will it be easier or harder to be furious when a stinking rich chinese owner also fails to get us promoted? Or to praise the wantonly excessive budget from last season which WAS stinking rich chinese owner size but just as unsuccessful?

and given the stink you continue to raise I am pretty sure there isnt much in the way of phantom left about you, WC.

It''s the lack of ambition of our fans proven by some of the comments on here coupled with a lack of ambition at board level that will have us in the lower reaches of the championship for years to come

It''s sad but it''s a true statement

Ambition is one thing unrealistic nonsense just to feed your sense of entitlement with regards to the club is another thing.

Fantasy man lambasting all and sundry, including fellow posters, for the fact that these fantasies are not put on a plate for him.

[quote user="Mike "]They are actively selling him as we speak.... Like I have always said, I for one will be properly p**sed off when he is sold.

Best player we have had in ages sold to plug a hole in our finances because our owners misspent the best chance to stay in the top flight in my time watching the club!

Have no faith that what money they do have will be spend well.[/quote]
In other words, you won''t have changed.
I''ll be disappointed when he goes rather than peed off. But the lure of Premiership football is too great and if we get a good amount of cash to reinvest then so be it.

Was it lack of ambition that bought him here in the first place and is constantly trying to bring in young talent?

Is it ambition to throw a ridiculous amount of money at a player who''s not good enough for the prem because if he was,he''d be there?

If Trybull and Zimmerman are"bang average " let''s have 11 of them.

Ambition is for the long term.

[quote user="Water Closet "]It''s the lack of ambition of our fans proven by some of the comments on here coupled with a lack of ambition at board level that will have us in the lower reaches of the championship for years to come

It''s sad but it''s a true statement[/quote]

Like I''ve said before, fans get the Board and club they deserve.

I accept he’s going although it doesn’t stop he being p***ed off that he’s being sold and sold to a club who are not really much bigger than us yet have won the premier league, established themselves in the top flight and are now signing our best player all due primarily to their “evil” foreign owners giving them the means to do so.

We also clearly need to sell Maddison early in the summer due to our cash flow position and need to fund signings which is again down to our ownership situation and means we won’t get the same sort of price for him we would if we wealthier and could hold out all summer for silly money.

Still such is life and the cult of Delia is strong so many fans will no doubt just be delighted to get so much money for a single player.

[quote user="glory.win or die."]Unfortunately most on here moaning about a perceived lack of ambition seem to confuse showing ambition and risking the clubs existence by taking huge risks.[/quote]

Selling to a sheikh who has thousands of wells pumping out oceans of black gold cannot be risky, can it? $80 a barrel and rising.

Why haven''t Man City gone belly up yet?

Those on the current board (which amounted to a grand total of three) who generously loaned money to the club, and whom I assume having now been repaid those loans, and the introduction of the self-funding model, aren''t now required to contribute any more of their personal cash to the club.....

Therefore, those ''three'' having been repaid their loans, can now enjoy all the benefits of being on the board of a football club.....Although, their business acumen, experience and unquestionable knowledge of running a football club, far outweigh their repaid loans and generous contributions......

We''re actually building a Premier league team due to the sale of Maddison!......Oh yeah....... but it''ll be brick by brick.......(a bit like Colney)......

I''ve often wondered if the bankruptcy figures for Norfolk are way above the national average, because if quite a few posters here run their personal finances the way they demand from the owners of Norwich City they must either be in Queer Street or heading straight there.

I’ve often wondered if the divorce rates for Norfolk are far lower than the National average, because if quite a few posters here settle for a relationship that has past its best days but stick with it unhappily through the fear of taking a leap into the unknown for better or worse, the way they follow our owners etc etc etc...