Sign in to follow this  
Bill

New signings soon ?

Given that Webber has said he wants to get any ''business'' done sooner rather than later can we expect players joining in the upcoming weeks ?
I would have thought that the emphasis would be on getting players in first then seeing who needs to leave. I''m fairly certain some are already earmarked to leave but won''t depart until the right players are in.
Next season the requirement of homegrown players in the match day squad increases to 7, with an added requirement that at least one club developed player must also be included.
How much this will impact on the signings will have to be seen.

*middle of the week* that should read.

Webber said in an event a few months back that they had completed a signing - so guess it is that being announced. Would also suggest an overseas player on a free transfer.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]*middle of the week* that should read.

Webber said in an event a few months back that they had completed a signing - so guess it is that being announced. Would also suggest an overseas player on a free transfer.[/quote]
I would have thought that it would be a signing. Any major sale would undoubtedly be trailed in the media.
Others moving on would not really merit an announcement.
I would also think that players have already been targeted and ''approached''. Not much use chasing them if they would not join, for some reason.
Webber''s comment about needing four transfer windows does suggest that players will not be running down their contract, as anyone of any worth will be gone by Jan transfer window.

"Others moving on would not really merit an announcement."

I dunno, I''d thrown an open top bus parade if we could shift Jarvis and Naismith.

That''s a response not an announcement, dear laddie
However I would expect Martin and Naismith to move on this summer.
Watkins to head out as well
My curiosity is on who they bring in, with possibly four needing to be ready for the first team from almost day one. Funded I hope by Oliveoil heading out and I suspect Sprinto

So basically we have some players leaving and some others being signed but we don''t know who or when. Very informative. [:D]

Given that Madderz is almost certain to leave and we are interested in Liverpool''s Danny Ward, perhaps we could ask for £20M in a swap deal ?

Norwich won’t be able to many ‘ins’ without the ‘outs’ first.

As I said, heard that something is happening in the middle of the week, but no details of what. I suspect it is the official announcement of the player Webber mentioned had agreed to join a couple of months ago.

Webber did say he likes to get things done early, but Farke said he didn’t expect much to happen early this window.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Norwich won’t be able to many ‘ins’ without the ‘outs’ first.

As I said, heard that something is happening in the middle of the week, but no details of what. I suspect it is the official announcement of the player Webber mentioned had agreed to join a couple of months ago.

Webber did say he likes to get things done early, but Farke said he didn’t expect much to happen early this window.[/quote]
The danger there is that we don''t get the player(s) we need but we have moved on those who could cover.
The early imperative is so the players can begin to fit in with what Farke is doing, rather than still be ''bedding in'' in September.
I know the PL has changed their transfer window to Aug 9th (signings), but I''m not too sure how this affects loans. Who I suspect we will be reliant upon. Short term fix.

Already has the feeling of yet another badly managed transfer window

I bet we end the window with the same striking options 5 more defenders and holding midfielders and Maddison gone

You couldn''t make it up

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in

[quote user="The Phantom Raspberry Blower"]Already has the feeling of yet another badly managed transfer window

I bet we end the window with the same striking options 5 more defenders and holding midfielders and Maddison gone

You couldn''t make it up

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in[/quote]
You seem to have no trouble in that department.

[quote user="king canary"]"Others moving on would not really merit an announcement."

I dunno, I''d thrown an open top bus parade if we could shift Jarvis and Naismith.[/quote]

I''ll hire and drive the bus...

[quote user="Mr Ben"]
Given that Webber has said he wants to get any ''business'' done sooner rather than later can we expect players joining in the upcoming weeks ?
I would have thought that the emphasis would be on getting players in first then seeing who needs to leave. I''m fairly certain some are already earmarked to leave but won''t depart until the right players are in.
Next season the requirement of homegrown players in the match day squad increases to 7, with an added requirement that at least one club developed player must also be included.
How much this will impact on the signings will have to be seen.
[/quote]
No, Ben, Webber;s emphasis is on getting players out first that need to leave, and after  that get players in. But as i said elsewhere, i think the busiest guy right now may be Neil Adams, as i suspect many in and out loans maybe in the pipeline before we actually see any permanents in and out.
Latest rumours seem to be us going in for a loan on either Henderson at Man U or Ward at Liverpool for goalkeeper, interest in Paddy McNair at Sunderland, which does not excite me, and Paul Warne raiding us to take Raggett and Godfrey on loan. Would not be surprised if the in / out loans far exceed the actual in / out permanents in this current window.

All I can see re Paddy McNair is links to Brighton, who''ve apparently had a bid of just under £4m turned down.

I can''t say I see the need to be spending that much on yet another central midfielder.

"No, Ben, Webber;s emphasis is on getting players out first that need to leave,"
is that his stated position
or what you think is the priority ?

[quote user="Mr Ben"]
"No, Ben, Webber;s emphasis is on getting players out first that need to leave,"
is that his stated position
or what you think is the priority ?
[/quote]
On his previous transfer windows here at City, i remember more than a few occasions when in various windows fan forums have been full of guys commenting on how so many players have gone thru the exit and so few thru the entrance..those coming in tend to mostly follow exits. Add the fact that as is well known, in the last season or two, cost cutting has been the theme, wih both Farke and Webber often  heard saying "we have to sell before we can buy". But again i say, it will likely be Neil Adams  who will be the busiest right now, with our young lads seemingly always going out on loan, plus as we all know, there is a few old permanents still about the place with question marks above their head.

[quote user="Essjayess"]No, Ben, Webber;s emphasis is on getting players out first that need to leave, and after  that get players in. [/quote]
The problem is that the nobody wants the rubbish players he wants to get rid of and because they''re on good contracts and coming to the end of their playing days, they don''t care if they go or not either.
Very few Clubs these days are up for offering good deals, either for or to, players who are old, past their prime and are no longer ambitious.
In essence, everything hinges on getting the best possible price for Maddison and using that money to bring in more players.
Until he goes there won''t be many arrivals.

Do we really want more incomings , more third rate cheap foreign rubbish to go with the lot already here .

[quote user="xxxx"]Do we really want more incomings , more third rate cheap foreign rubbish to go with the lot already here .
[/quote]
So who is 3rd rate in our squad?  The main problem last season was with players we already had.  Strikers who can''t strike enough, or rely on the odd wonder goal for their kicks.  Most of the ones brought in so far look to have quality. 

"Do we really want more incomings , more third rate cheap foreign rubbish to go with the lot already here ."

Trybull .... good signing, impressed and will get better.

Zimmermann ... beyond expectations.

Vrancic .... class act who will probably flourish next season.

Franke ... apparent failure, but who knows?

Stiepperman ... looked useful but hampered by injury.

Sbreny .... seems like wishful thinking that he will develop into a Championship striker with threat and goals, but he might surprise.

Overall it seems that we have done quite well from the German League, especially as the financial outlay has been minimal.

Certainly not third rate, whether first or second rate will be exposed next season. They are fully fledged and adapted City players now so we can expect to see them at their best.

''Rubbish'' is not an adjective I would willingly use when talking about players who don the yellow.

Immoderate language achieves nothing, especially the respect of others.

If any of them are not up to it then fair enough, but all these players have looked useful at the very least, have never been short of effort and will likely improve with the experience of one Championship season under their belts.

And then there was one? Number 7 shirts here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIcVxN46_3Y

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I have been told to expect something middle of the well. Not sure if that is an in or an out though.[/quote]
You were told right

How come we are supposedly spending money on this chap ?
I thought there was supposed to be a massive shortfall
Weren''t we also told that we would need to sell first ?
Mind you that was by the usual suspects on here so .......

Well we haven''t actually signed anyone yet, as far as we know, so nothing has been spent.

And we may be close to selling a certain player, but we fans don''t yet know about it.

But I suspect those at the club do know, so you don''t really need to use this thread to beat the other posters.

And if we do sign this player for a fee, does that not vindicate my post, more so as we were told that any money from Maddison would be needed for that all important shortfall.
And I shall posts as I see fit - if you consider that my comments are to ''beat'' others then similarly that is also perogative.