Sign in to follow this  
daly

Timm Klose Out

See our No.1 Centre-back has commented that he knew playing in the second tier would make selection unlikely.

Could it be Timm that you are not good enough

[quote user="daly"]See our No.1 Centre-back has commented that he knew playing in the second tier would make selection unlikely.

Could it be Timm that you are not good enough[/quote]
It was generally reckoned we might have stayed in the PL if he had remained fit - and he would have maybe gone to the Euros last time if that happened.   So he got fit and is stayed here but it is still possible he would do well in a top flight club.  
He has obviously been happy here, shown some loyalty, did well last season, so not really sure why you are being negative about him.   

It was the case before the Euros. In the meantime he got international call-ups, although played only twice 45 minutes for Switzerland in 2016 September and June 2017. As he''s not included in the Swiss World Cup squad, I think he''ll take national team appearances as they come and might stay.

Definitely good enough, our best defender last season in my book.

Must be congratulated for his loyalty. International managers should be good enough to select a player whatever league he plays in.

Difficult to say he''s ''good enough'' without decent knowledge of who is being picked ahead of him. For instance I have no idea if Fabian Schar is any good these days, nor if Johann Djorou has had a career renascence since leaving Arsenal.

If I was an international manager I''d think it was entirely reasonable to pick those testing themselves at the highest level week in week out. Klose can be commended for not trying to force an exit though and I think he realised in the 16/17 season he let himself down somewhat and needed to make up for it.

you never know how Loyal someone is until a bigger club come in offering more money then you would see how loyal players are

Totally agree. He’s not great is he. Half a good season in prem followed by a terrible season in the champs then a slightly better one.

He is a decent, but not top notch, Championship CB.
Having been signed when we were a PL outfit he''s probably on a good wage and therefore probably on Webbers get rid list.
Until Raggett gets a game or two, and why he wasn''t played in those "dead games" at the end of the season is a mystery, we won''t really know if it''s worth keeping Tim or not.
But of course, by not giving Raggett a game we''ve backed ourselves into another difficult corner.

Was an influential defender last season and played a big part in the great record of clean sheets we kept.

Was particularly good at Chelsea. Without his injury perhaps we could have stayed in the prem.

Experience against some of the more physical sides in this league could give him an advantage at international level, look at the performance of Wales in the Euros.

Managed to live with the high transfer fee expectation and has been a good influence on some of the Germans and youger playes like Lewis.

I''d be sad to see him leave, surprised by some of the comments on here, perhaps caused by the equaliser at Ipswich?

I think he''s one player who really benefited from the arrival of Farke. He admitted himself that he struggled in the first year following relegation, but it sounds like Farke and his coaches got him to believe in himself and be a good influence on Zimmermann & Lewis as they started their first seasons in the Championship. When we were playing the 5 at the back, with him, Hanley, Zimmermann, Lewis and Pinto, we looked very solid.

I''d prefer him to stay, we don''t want to have another massive overhaul again...