Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Change takes time.

When you change anything in life it takes time.Time to make it better than you had before. When buying day a house all you have is empty shell which u need to fill with your own things.You may find a few bits and bobs have been left there by the previous owner,keep the good bits bin the rest. The same goes with changing things in football.We will have a poorer squad next season so keeping in the championship is the main objective. Maybe in the coming seasons we will build our teams on players coming through. Houses take time to build and furnish so do football clubs.

Yawn!

The club is not being re-built. Founded in 1902 our construction has been gradual with major steps forward being taken in 1960 (promotion to the second tier) and 1972 (promotion to the first tier.)

It was over this period of 115 years that the club was built and ''furnished.''

Are you suggesting that we now have to start all over again?

The ups and downs since first arriving in the top league, with all the various successes and failures, have marked a period of consolidation whereby we should, without fear of being seen as over-endowed with entitlement, now have every right to consider our hard earned status as being in limbo between the bottom echelons of the Premier League and the top half of the Championship.

I don''t get all this despair that has come about over this week-end neither do I accept your statement that our team will be weaker next season than it was last.

In McClean and Bonadia we have, imo, two strong players already added to the squad. Youngsters will return from successful loan periods and others will return from injury. With it apparent that the club is looking to add to the strike force we will almost certainly have a stronger attack simply based upon the fact that it cannot possibly be as weak as last season.

The above positives are probably best in other threads though, suffice to say that it is absolute nonsense to suggest that "keeping in the Championship is (to be) the main objective."

We are neither consolidating nor re-building, we are evolving, and in this respect the portends for next season and beyond do, in my opinion, seem sufficiently encouraging to ensure that my glass is half-full at least.

If we do slip further backwards, and anything is possible in football, then it is not beyond the current incumbents or indeed the will of the supporters to effect change. Change to a greater or lesser extent, but not a re-build.

However long you give it badly managed change is seldom good.

OP, my reply did the basic positivity of your posting a dis-service.

The success of the Webber/Farke revolution will be determined long before the ending of next season.

The first head on the block will be the coach himself. We might just have the wrong man for the job in hand after all.

Some say give DF ten games to prove his worth, others prefer Xmas time to be the deadline.

If this has to come about and we continue to regress then the structure of the club as we now know it will surely be in doubt.

Webber will be totally vulnerable and Smith & Co., by being synonymous with a loss-making club that aspires only to Championship mediocrity, would surely not last long at the helm. All candles burn out eventually.

We need to be a little bit more patient with the so-called ''revolution,'' but we have every right to be impatient in our desire for improvement.

When we start next season we will not have a top six squad, we all accept thís will be the case.So not being in the bottom three is our aim those season with a view to find gems from the lower divisions,develop and sell to fund the club.It''s not rocket science.

[quote user="mr footy"]When we start next season we will not have a top six squad, we all accept thís will be the case.So not being in the bottom three is our aim those season with a view to find gems from the lower divisions,develop and sell to fund the club.It''s not rocket science.[/quote]
Not too sure what view you have taken here mr footy as on the one hand i see it as tongue in cheek or on the other hand you appear to be happy for us to dread water being the only ambition .

I want the club to return to the prem,to entertain the best fans in the world playing attacking football, to challenge for at least a cup in the coming years

But for now we have average players in a tough league so it may take many years to escape. This is the way of it unless you can buy or develop good not average players.

Reading one of Mr Bailey''s pieces. He suggests the Board are expecting to tread water next season.

I think this coming season will be much like the last

@Making Plans

Very good point ''re Warnock, I guess how well they do in the Prem next year will show how good his plan is... Can they sustain or will they fall... Am intrigued to see how they perform next season.

If they sustain someone else who expects to sustain will fall. Then they can do it all again the next season.

Next season will be worse than last season. Less creativity in the squad reliance on young Argentinian to fill Maddison''s boots. Non scoring strikers benefitting or not by laboured build up. to avoid relegation will be a bonus.

I see no successful change at Cardiff, albeit Warnock has done a good job getting them promotion. Cardiff are just another of the many clubs that yo-yo between Prem and Champs, which has of course included City for a good length of time. They could just as easily, again, swap places with Swansea a year from now.
There is a fair few models in the Champs of course, clubs who have spent millions thru a few seasons like Sheff. Wed and especially Derby, who have failed to get into the promised land. Clubs who suddenly acquired new rich foreign owners, that worked for Wolves, failed for Villa. Clubs who have for to long have lived on past glories like Leeds and Forest. Clubs that are doing very decent jobs  of just competing in the Champs, like Preston and Brentford.
City are unlike any of the above clubs or any other club in the top 2 divisions, so its wrong to compare us to Cardiff or anyone else. Playing wise it can be argued, yes, because of Webber, that we are somewhat following the Huddersfield model, but there it ends, as financially they had a lot more millions pumped into the club from richer owners than the case here.
Change indeed takes time, but how much time and in what context is open to debate with likely every fan having a different set of opinions for themselves as how long it takes NCFC to evolve. The biggest, most urgent changes had to be in getting an over aged, over paid playing squad got rid off, adopt a realistic, sensible approach to a sudden and big drop in revenue, things that have, in my thoughts, been handled well in such a short space of time. Like them or not, Delia and the board have got in guys like Steve Stone and Webber who have done whats required, doing whats still required and our beloved club is as healthy as one can hope for in this moment in time. As to on the pitch itself, fans are so much less patient, but i am one of the most patient, and i like DF and think his first season was interesting and good, i will not be giving him 10 games, or until xmas, no matter what our position is. He should be allowed his full contract term as things stand.