Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

The Maddison Debate

Op

I garuntee you that Maddison himself would vote for the Maddison to go option whatever the options or choices to go with it.

Get real even if the club wanted him to stay he would be insisting on a move. Or maybe you would like the job of telling him we are going to stop you playing in the premier and doubling trebling or whatever his salary would be.

He cannot insist on a move - he has a contract with us

Everton would be a much better option than Leicester who apparently seem intent on changing their manager yet again.
Plus Everton have bags of cash and wealthy owners. Lets push the price higher and higher.
We need a top four club to get involved now too.

I suspect he will do well wherever he goes as he has the appetite and drive to succeed.

He has had a great season for us and he is definitely ready to step up another level now; potential injury means he should move one when his stock is high, likewise we should cash in and add variety to our attacking options.

As long as the incoming cash is right I dont care which prem club he goes to.

Should really have entitled this thread ''the Madds debate'', just for the puerile lols...

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Not really much of a ''Maddison debate'', with you waffling on about the size of your balls, is it?

I''m sure that if Maddison is offered a huge pay increase with the chance of playing at the highest level, he''ll be off like a shot. So, if we want him to stay or not it''s nothing to do with us or Delia, just the boy himself...[/quote]

It has everything to do with Delia because it is due to her many mistakes and shortcomings that we find ourselves in this position where we are forced to sell the boy in order to make the numbers add up.

Delia has had three goes to try and establish the club in the EPL and has failed to grasp each one. The wrong players were signed. No cash from anyone on the Board to add quality when quality was needed and a sentimental retention of Martin when he should have been let go years ago. Scouting and recruitment has been a laughing stock. Failure to deal with defensive frailties year on year. Failure to buy the boy Benteke when Lambert had him scouted. Lack of ambition meant the loss of Lambert, Bowkett and McNasty.

For all these reasons and more we are where we are due to Delia. So posters cannot come on here and make out there is no connection betweeen the departure of Maddison and Delia Smith. If we were Leicester at this moment none of the reasons for him wanting to leave would apply and Delia is fairly and squarely to blame that all those reasons do now apply.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Which clubs did become established while Delia was failing with us?[/quote]

Man City and Chelsea.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="Big Vince"]Given that most of the shareholders are coffin dodgers they were probably asleep at the time.[/quote]
Entertaining your claim that this confrontatio took place that was hardly the venue to gather support for your campaign now was it ? A gathering of coffin dodgers, happy clappers and those fawning over being in the same room as Delia had you on the back foot to start with surely ?
Now had you called a meeting of like minded fans who think along the lines that you do Vince the wheels to promote your campaign would have gathered momentum but no you chose to hide behind the mask of anonymity on here hoping to achieve what you desire.
As Lapps said get some balls and do something constructive.
[/quote]
As you are about BV...............BUMP !

Isn''t everyone on here guilty of using the cloak of anonymity?

Archant do not demand that each of us provide photographic proof of identity and use real names.

What is the hire price of St Andrews Hall and who is going to pay?

[quote user="Big Vince"]Isn''t everyone on here guilty of using the cloak of anonymity?

Archant do not demand that each of us provide photographic proof of identity and use real names.

What is the hire price of St Andrews Hall and who is going to pay?[/quote]
I believe it is in excess of £600 these days but do like NCISA did and have a bucket collection. A couple of quid from everybody and it will cover the cost no problem. NCISA started by meeting in a pub and from that it just snowballed. The internet is here to stay Vince but pubs and clubs are always willing to let you use their facilities as it helps make the till jingle.

"For all these reasons and more we are where we are due to Delia. So posters cannot come on here and make out there is no connection betweeen the departure of Maddison and Delia Smith. If we were Leicester at this moment none of the reasons for him wanting to leave would apply and Delia is fairly and squarely to blame that all those reasons do now apply."

Exactly the same thing is happening at Leicester - Riyad Mahrez is about to leave, are their fans blaming their board for his departure? It''s called football, players move from lesser to greater every season. Move on.

I want us to sell Maddison so that we can go out and buy some new baby Maddisons. And when they grow up to be big boy Maddisons we can sell them and start the process all over again. I think Messrs Watling, South and Chase would like that idea.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]I want us to sell Maddison so that we can go out and buy some new baby Maddisons. And when they grow up to be big boy Maddisons we can sell them and start the process all over again. I think Messrs Watling, South and Chase would like that idea.[/quote]

Yes, but would you trust Delia to go out and find the next generation of baby Maddisons?

It was McNasty who signed the baby Maddison who became the big boy Maddison.

Messrs South and Chase had proper scouts like Ronnie Brooks who knew a good player when he saw one. The scouting and recruitment in recent times has been a fiasco with a very high turnover of staff. Things used to be more tight-knit and reliable back in the day.

The latest transfer gossip has Everton in pole position to sign Maddison.

On principle we should refuse to sell to the Toffees unless they cough up £25 million and completely reimburse us for Naismith!

Actually, now I think about it I still haven''t forgiven them for rolling over to Coventry in 1985 after they''d won the league, relegating us in the process! Or for taking Mike Walker off us.

So I hope, when he inevitably leaves, that Madders joins Leicester. At least I''ll be able to wish him well there.