Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Josh Murphy

Murphy and Maddison would be to much to accept

What the stowmarket 2 are doing to our club is embarrassing

When will the happy clappers see they need to be removed and quickly

Only under Chinese ownership can we succeed

Yep, good luck to him, and that''s a good bit of business for (a Club like) us.

Of course, once Madders has been sold, we''ll just count the money..............

If you look at the last 12 months and assume that Madders and Nelson will also go we will probably have sold 6 attacking players for a combined £65m in 12 months plus of course released Wes.

That''s a lot of attacking quality out the door, they would surely have to spend some decent money on a couple of strikers?

Great bit of business for a player who very rarely produces. Good luck to him but cannot see any way he will cut it in the prem.

Mashiter reporting it at £11m, so it is basically a done deal.

I guess at least with Josh and almost likely Madders leaving to, apart from any new signings, it opens the door wider for the likes of Cantwell, Louis Thompson, Ben Godfrey etc to play a bigger role for us in the coming season in our ever changing midfield.
Amazing to think the of the team since January to the one who will restart in August, minus Pritchard, Hoolahan, Josh and Maddison..the times  they are a changing, for the team its like a whirlwind sweeping thru CR. The doom mongers will likely be licking their lips..even though, with all those players, we managed a 14th place and just squeaked a goal a game average.
But was to be expected and as Spock said, "its fascinating Jim"

People keep saying Nelson is likely to go too, but who would be stupid enough to buy him after his behaviour this season?

i heard it is done and he has looked round staduim training ground etc just crossing the t''s and dotting the i''s

anyone thinking we will spend 20 million this transfer window is way off the mark !

[quote user="Essjayess"]
I guess at least with Josh and almost likely Madders leaving to, apart from any new signings, it opens the door wider for the likes of Cantwell, Louis Thompson, Ben Godfrey etc to play a bigger role for us in the coming season in our ever changing midfield.
Amazing to think the of the team since January to the one who will restart in August, minus Pritchard, Hoolahan, Josh and Maddison..the times  they are a changing, for the team its like a whirlwind sweeping thru CR. The doom mongers will likely be licking their lips..even though, with all those players, we managed a 14th place and just squeaked a goal a game average.
But was to be expected and as Spock said, "its fascinating Jim"
[/quote]
That is pretty much how it is.
Players moving ''up'' - from those departing to our own heading to the first team.
However the response from some would suggest this is peculiar to Norwich City.
Odd how when Coventry sold Maddison there was not the wailing and rending of shirts that his next move upwards seems to have elicited on here.
We now have Championship budget, but we should keep a PL wage budget - so some of the usual whingers keep demanding.

Sad to see him go in some ways. He clearly has the ability when the stars align but still far too inconsistent. £11m is a good fee for him as well, goes a long way to plugging that parachute payments gap and probably means we arent far off parity even without maddison going.

I am very concerned as to who is going to put the ball in the back of the next next season though, perhaps we will still be relying on a tempremental oliveira at this rate.

I think the best thing we can do is try find the next Tammy Abraham if Idah isnt already that guy. We still have the base of a good squad at this level that needs someone to convert the chances and we can basically offer 1st team football provided they produce the goods. Someone like Nketiah or Woodburn will be chomping at the bit for regular football and probably wont command a massive fee to take for the season as well

Perhaps they were offered far higher wages and a chance to play in the PL
it happens you know
well perhaps not at poorman road
so tough t itty bin boy

Sorry but it is not whinging to ask where we think our goals will come from given two of the players we are selling contributed to 21 (not 20... got it wrong) of the 49 we scored. After them its Mr Stroppy (5?) and Klose (4?) everyone else scored 1... without proper investment in that key area we will struggle. Just plain simple facts.

The happy clappers are finally starting to get the picture around how screwed we are under the ownership of the stowmarket 2

Now clappers it''s time to join the miserable side of the force

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in

I''d imagine that the two creative midfielders we already have coming into the squad might play a part.
Like every summer we''re going to have to wait and see!

Good luck to Josh. On his day he can be a match winner. Other times he can be frustrating. Be interesting to see what Colin does with him. It does leave a hole in our squad. Time will tell whether Webber will be able to fill it.

As I said earlier in this thread, you never miss it until you haven''t got it.

If this goes ahead I will be very saddened.

If people think Wildschut and Hernandez are ready made replacements, and we bank on those two, then I''m afraid we are in for another very long season.

Josh will show what he can do in the Premiership and will prove, once again, that he is the better of the twins.

If he goes, good luck to him, it will be our loss.

Sad to see he''s going, but who thought he''d be out the door before Maddison?!

Not overly surprised, as he''s clearly got the talent to do great things, but as his brother has shown there''s a long way to go to convert that talent into a regularly starting premier league player.

As for us, I guess we can''t stand in the way of a player achieving their Premier League dream, likewise with Pritchard and quite possibly Maddison, especially for pretty decent money. Wildschut won''t be leaving now as we''ll need him, and it''ll be interesting to see what happens with Jarvis (and potentially Naismith) depending on who we manage to bring in.

Thanks for your time here Josh, some special memories from last season alone with a few cracking finishes and a goal against Arsenal. Good luck to him.

If this happens, and considering he was absolutely slated by some supporters on numerous occasions, I doubt he had any concerns whatsoever about leaving the club. I imagine the same supporters will now be calling him one of our star players and using it as a stick to beat the board with.

In my opinion this is a decent deal for us from a financial perspective, and he''s 23 now so not exactly a young prospect. He certainly struggled with consistency last season, but was still one of our top scorers - not sure what that really says about the direction we''re going in.

My main concern is that we''re losing another "home-grown" player which means we realistically need to replace him with one of an equal or better standard.

Hugely disappointed to hear this. Agreed the fee is decent but that won''t live long in the memory like Josh''s wonder goal will.

Personally I like him as a player and wouldn''t write his premiership chances off yet. Particularly when he plays in a team which is more direct and can exploit his pace. I can see what has attracted Colin.

Leitner showed promise but has score twice in 54 games. He will not score the goals to replace Josh / Madders.... we need more goals not less.

would be very happy if we used some of his fee to entice

Mo Eisa here from Cheltenham as a striker option

I am not disappointed because we have made good money on the sale, in my opinion, of an average player. Good luck to both the Murphy brothers for being signed by premiership clubs, and only time will tell if either of them move to a bigger club.

In Buendia, Hernandez and the returning Wildshutt and Cantwell we have four options for wide players.

More importantly however Webber will have a reasonable budget to spend on at least two strikers, assuming both Oliveira and Watkins move on.

I am feeling optimistic for the new season.

Like most true supporters I''m sad to see him go - if he does.

Yes, he''s inconsistent, but has shown he''s got great ability and when he plays well, he looks great. We''ll certainly miss his goal threat and I''ll be more than a tad concerned if we lose him, Maddison and Oliveira.

In terms of his replacement, we didn''t often play him and Onel in the same starting line up (if at all?), so Onel will become the ''pacy winger'' in the starting eleven.

[quote user="hampton canary"]I am not disappointed because we have made good money on the sale, in my opinion, of an average player. Good luck to both the Murphy brothers for being signed by premiership clubs, and only time will tell if either of them move to a bigger club.

In Buendia, Hernandez and the returning Wildshutt and Cantwell we have four options for wide players.

More importantly however Webber will have a reasonable budget to spend on at least two strikers, assuming both Oliveira and Watkins move on.

I am feeling optimistic for the new season.[/quote]

I really hope we arnt going to relying on Wildschutt who despite pace and skill has to be hit and hope with the actually delivery or shot because he''s so clueless with it. A Argentinian from a relegated Spanish league 2 side who will no doubt need time to adapt. Hernandez looked ok but seemed injury prone was also hit or miss on his own decision making/end product and a promising technical kid who had to go to the Dutch 2nd league because they felt that the lower leagues would be to brutal physically for his style of play. Make no bones the club are making a huge gamble here with potentially weakening an already limp attacking output.