Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Josh Murphy

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Did we throw Wildschut in for free?[/quote]

No, we had agreed 15million, but had to knock off 5 for them to take Wildschutt, we tried to throw in Naismith aswell but they said we''d have to pay them and we''re broke.

I think for me, the big thing with the number of players leaving is the scale of the transformation at the club in the space of 2 years since relegation.

Only Russell Martin remains from the team that won promotion at Wembley in May 2015 and even from the squad that finished the season in May 2017, there''s just:

Martin, Naismith, Jarvis, Klose, Pinto, Tettey, Maddison, Morris, McGovern and Thompson. Only 3 are likely to be playing here next season.

Real shame both brothers were sold, hope the fans who booed him are happy,

Always thought he gave 100% and sure if we had had more ambitious owners and a decent Manager both would have stayed.

PS What scout was full of admiration for Naismith that the NCFC set up thought he was worth 9 million

DISGUSTING how this club has gone down the pan since the removal of Mr Bowkett and McNally and replacing them with Balls Up and Jez Moxley

Very decent player with flashes of both brilliance and nothing special at all.

Perhaps that''s the winger''s lot.

We seem to have been waiting quite a while for him to become of age, the complete article so to speak.

Strengths and weaknesses in equal proportions remain.

If I were a Cardiff supporter, at this moment in time and knowing what I do about Josh, I wouldn''t be over excited about my club spending £10m+ on this player.

However, a player capable of turning a game with a flash of brilliance carries more weight in the Premier League I suppose.

Jacob doesn''t seem to have managed it much at Newcastle though. I wonder if Benitez would be so keen to sign him again if he could retrace his plans?

In the context of the demands of the Premier League Cardiff might well have bought a pup. In the context of the Premier League finances £10m has become peanuts.

We did well there, imo, but half that fee for this young man would have been bad business.

You cannot really blame the club for sales like this. These youngsters deserve the right to reach for the top in their profession and not getting the best from them will be the consequence of denying them the opportunity to do this. Then there is the wages.

Spend it wisely, says I. This effing so-called deficit must be nearly covered by now, if we were Greeks we would be on the streets by now protesting at any continued austerity.

Agree there.

It doesn''t really seem like a typical Warnock signing though, perhaps his success at Cardiff has gone to his head.

That his first major signing since he got Cardiff promoted is an inconsistent ''flair'' player that would seem to go against his ''grit and sawdust'' approach to management is a surprise.

Let''s hope it works out well for Josh, but I have my doubts. He could well end up in the Championship again the season after next as a wealthier but wiser young man.

I share the concern that some have expressed here about fans giving players "a hard time" - particularly the younger ones. I know players are incredibly well-paid etc, but they are human and prone to react as human do under stress.All-in-all, a good move for everybody - gives Josh a fresh start and a chance to fulfil his huge potential and we get £10+ million. Presumably it gives us a bit more leeway with out own plans for next year, and whilst we have to sell Madison, we don''t have to hurry now and can play a bit harder in negotiations.

Farke Tactics were not really suited to josh

he wanted the ball played behind the defender and use his pace to get in behind

with our passing game let defenders sit back and no room for Murphy to get in behind i think Cardiff more direct style will suit josh

I said something similar Broadstairs, about how interesting it''ll be to see how Colin deals/manages etc, with a player like Murphy. The one thing that Colin did last season, was galvanize a team of players who were not considered ''star quality'', so could he be just the Manager for Josh?

Josh is a good player good luck to him. It seems that he wanted out. I hope he does well at Cardiff. His goals and assists can be replaced and the fee is decent. No biggie. Our model is a selling club we are now the premier leagues single biggest supplier of players. When people ask what we have to offer new players it is this.

Not surprised he wanted out wth our own fans getting on his back.Still for those pleased to see him gone, there will surely be a replacement player next season for you to abuse.Whoever it is, rest assured he wont be as good as Josh.

Inconsistent yes but Josh is the only player in our squad with genuine pace and the ability to get passed defenders. Absolutely gutted. Really concerned about the direction Webber seems to be taking the club.

Doesn''t mention the fans of Norwich on his way out which I think is a sorry state of affairs, he''s been with us since the academy.

Remember at least one away day when a bunch of people thought it was funny to be cheering ''Well done Jacob'' whenever he came near. Says a lot.

I do hope Josh does well at Cardiff......Because if he doesn''t perform, I''m sure the patient and polite Bluebird support won''t give him a hard time......Will they?......

What''s Welsh for ''BOO''?.......

This narrative about fans getting on his back (which I think was started by Neil to deflect attention from his own shortcomings) is frankly b**locks. Yes there were often a few groans when easy crosses and passes were screwed up but no more than any other players and probably a lot less than he will get at Cardiff if he has a bad game. Neither Murphy was booed and I’ve never heard them subjected to what I would call abuse other than fans sounding off in frustration occasionally. That frustration also being a symptom of the wider frustration of fans with the board.

They are products of our own academy and fans have been desperate to see them play and do well.

Webber’s comments yesterday were a deliberate attempt to try and imply that Murphy leaving was in some way down to the fans. Webber is an immensely dislikeable individual. Let’s hope he’s good at his proper job otherwise it’s going to turn nasty quite quickly.

Wise words Jim you can just feel the negativity and frustration building amongst the fans

The team will have to fly out of the blocks at the start of the season or its going to get nasty very quickly

More than a few around me constantly gave him a hard time and I doubt very much that he wasn''t aware of the groans when things didn''t come off for him.

If we lose Madison as well as Wes and Murphy then we will have lost pretty much all our imaginative, unpredictable players. Yes we will have the safer technically good players such as Vrancic and Leitner which all teams need but who is going to get you off your seat next season?

I for one am very disappointed to see him go.

WE certainly seem to pick them Jez Moxley Webber and Mr Balls

@Jim

I think there is a point in that he did get more criticism than he warranted from the crowd, however the way it is being discussed on here you''d think he was getting booed off the park.

I''ve said before that Norwich fans seem to have an odd relationship with wingers and I think it often comes from the slightly older fans who remember traditional ''chalk on your boots'' wingers that were supposed to always run at and try and beat the fullback. The game has evolved now, wingers often cut inside or turn back and also anyone who consistently beats there man won''t be playing at this level much longer.

For some reason fans took to the more traditional but very limited Elliot Bennett in a way they never did to the far superior but more ''mercurial'' types like Redmond or Pilkington.

You should all know it is never Webber''s fault

i am Glad Mcnally had his say after webber''s blamed the people in control in the past

Mcnally brought this club success

Webber needs to have a good season otherwise what is the point of him that a Good Manager could not do

[quote user="Jim Smith"]This narrative about fans getting on his back (which I think was started by Neil to deflect attention from his own shortcomings) is frankly b**locks. Yes there were often a few groans when easy crosses and passes were screwed up but no more than any other players and probably a lot less than he will get at Cardiff if he has a bad game. Neither Murphy was booed and I’ve never heard them subjected to what I would call abuse other than fans sounding off in frustration occasionally. That frustration also being a symptom of the wider frustration of fans with the board.

They are products of our own academy and fans have been desperate to see them play and do well.

Webber’s comments yesterday were a deliberate attempt to try and imply that Murphy leaving was in some way down to the fans. Webber is an immensely dislikeable individual. Let’s hope he’s good at his proper job otherwise it’s going to turn nasty quite quickly.[/quote]
This is just simply not true, and looking for a hit at Webber when there isn''t one.
I can hand-on-heart say that Murphy has got more stick than other players in the last two seasons despite being one of the better one''s.  I''ve heard direct abuse, stupid pee-taking and more. 
They are products of our own academy so yes, fans SHOULD have been desperate to see them play and do well. But that''s not been the case with Jacob or Josh for some reason, with vocal sections of the crowd giving unnecessary stick. And I think those fans have been proven to be brain-dead morons because both players have got moves to premier league clubs.
If anything i''m please Webber has made a comments because it needs making. Will the same idiots start getting on Cantwell''s back in his first full season (if it happens) and he doesn''t beat his man each and every time?
Also, I''m not sure Murphy getting more stick than others has anything to do with ''the wider frustration of fans with the board''. Because they''d simply direct their frustration at the board. Which hasn''t happened. Because most aren''t against the board, like it or not.

[quote user="Van wink"]I''m afraid Josh took up the mantle of whipping boy after Nathan left.[/quote]And Snoddy before him. Why is it always wingers Winky?