Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Come on, I know they're Ipswich but they're not this dim...surely?

"Our recent Premier League excursions, as opposed to their record

breaking spell in the Championship, have for one reason or another left

us needing to follow the route of economy."
Or having to have a Championship wage bill.......because we now have a Championship income.
I think it is called cutting your cloth accordingly, something the binners should have learnt years ago instead of poncing off everyone else. Defrauding the revenue of £4.7m approx. Collecting PAYE and NI and not handing it over. Thieving gits.
But then what will we do ? As according to our halfwitted farmhand
We will be losing £20m each season
Josh Murphy is worth nothing and Wankorn is worth more than about five of our players
Plus our financial troubles are 3 or 4 times worse that theirs, it appears ie we are in debt to the tune of £270- £360m ! ! !
I think the expression '' terminally dim '' is worth resurrecting

My favourite line is "They have a hole in their finances that is 3 or 4 times the size of ours".
If that''s true it would mean we''re £400m in debt, with 3000 season ticket holders, no ground, no training ground and no saleable assests.
That doesn''t sound quite right.

Looking at it from a different angle, though, I know I''d be smiling if the Binners were selling two of their brightest talents and, in every probability, looking to replace them with cheap, untested Continental replacements...

(I also realise that this would require them to have some talent worth selling...)

If we are "skint", I would dread to think how you would describe the financial position at Ippo. The bigger the debt at Ippo the better for their owner, the huge losses for the football arm of his company can be used to reduce the tax liabilities of the profit making arm(s) of his company, all at the expense of a once fine football club. I personally do not see what they have got to crow about.......

This one is priceless !
"They''ll make £40m if Maddison goes / passes a medical. Probably about

two thirds up front, rest as add ons. But even that two-thirds won''t

come in as day one cash. Normally it would be paid over more than a

year. So, it looks like the gap is plugged for a year, with maybe a tiny

bit to spend on new players, but they are losing the only decent

players in their squad."
This gap, or shortfall seems to be something that we are to be stuck with for season after season, as far as our slow witted farmhands think.
Not for them the thought that with players like Murphy (Ja), Pritchard, Murphy (Jo), Jerome and Hoolahan off the wage bill, it might be rather less than before. Nope there will be this eternal ''shortfall''... a word that seems to memorise them.
Neither the factthat we supposedly picked up around £30m might just us with ''money in our pockets'''' No, because the dreaded shortfall will be there year after year after year. Not even the sale of Maddison and t ending of the contracts of Martin, Naismith and Jarvis in 2019 will cut that wage bill further and add to our earnings.
No. The shortfall will get us.
We are not told what it is, as I suspect like Voldermort the amount alone could stun folk into instant death..
So we are doomed, doomed to hearing halfwitted farmhands muttering the word ''shortfall'' as if that one word explains it all.
And in the year 2020 we will probably have folded, with folk shaking their heads and commenting. "It was the ''shortfall'' than done for them."

When it all boils down TWO very poor sides who have been mismanaged by BOD''s over the last few years playing negative boring football. For the captive audience both clubs have we should never be in the position of having fire sales and looking for players from the German 2nd and 3rd tier.

[quote user="daly"]When it all boils down TWO very poor sides who have been mismanaged by BOD''s over the last few years playing negative boring football. For the captive audience both clubs have we should never be in the position of having fire sales and looking for players from the German 2nd and 3rd tier.[/quote]
if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck
guess what.....................

This diminutive man dwarfed by a row of microphones, and slightly nervous in his presentation, has today won over the the ITFC faithfull in one short press conference by mentioning their "istry" (always a winner with them,) the blossoming youth on the books (as ever) and the need for new wingers (without a transfer kitty apparently.)

To a man they are like children with a new toy at Christmas .... dim just ''aint the word?

The scars of McCarthyism must run deep.

However, I think I would prefer to enter the new season with our Daniel at the helm (of our club,) and saying that, whilst not being as traumatic as a wisdom tooth extraction, was not quite as easy as I would have hoped one year since.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]This diminutive man dwarfed by a row of microphones, and slightly nervous in his presentation, has today won over the the ITFC faithfull in one short press conference by mentioning their "istry" (always a winner with them,) the blossoming youth on the books (as ever) and the need for new wingers (without a transfer kitty apparently.)

To a man they are like children with a new toy at Christmas .... dim just ''aint the word?

The scars of McCarthyism must run deep.

However, I think I would prefer to enter the new season with our Daniel at the helm (of our club,) and saying that, whilst not being as traumatic as a wisdom tooth extraction, was not quite as easy as I would have hoped one year since.[/quote]

😂😂😂

Operation Binland
Remove tree from roof
Oil thousands of unused seats
Remove hospital trolleys from corridors (injured players)
Sow grass seed on pitch
err, that''s it

Why waste time oiling the unused seats. They''re surplus to requirements. Might as well let em fall apart.

You forget, my dear fellow, that the paupers have their ''cup final'' when their wealthy neighbours come a'' callin''
Seats that have sat idle for months are put back into use, so best get them ready as soon as possible.
And also to make sure bits of straw, bailing twine and other sundry rural detritus is cleared away.

Taking our blinkers off, with Murphy gone and probably Maddison as well, I am not sure that the players we currently have are any better than theirs.

The belief that because we pass the ball so much we are better is a false one. If we unearth a strike force and play a longer passing game then the opinions would soon change.

Sunderland proved that you can have decent, on paper, squad and still finish bottom. It is how those players perform that counts not any belief in superiority.

Somebody on here should hope that none of their cringeworthy posts do not come back to bite them on the ar$e.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Are the binners on here multiplying?[/quote]
It occasionally feels as such Nutty. 
I think people get so bored over pre-season they start drifting towards boring teams. Hence some on here now appear to be fond of those down the road, and critical of our fans for defending...their own team. Bizarre but it''s part of the PinkUn [:)]

If this is you having another little pop Hoggy in my direction which i strongly suspect it is let me just make it clear that i hate the Scum with a passion and have no time for the likes of King Keano talking nonsense on here. If you consider that the person i was talking about in my post is '' defending '' our team with his tiresome repeated time and again inane outbursts on a daily basis i suggest you think again. Defending false allegations is one thing but to keep on and on about weeds in the roof,empty seats etc etc in virtually every post he makes is absolutely tedious and pathetic.

I agree.

And one of the reasons we "dominate possesion" and pass teams of the park is because they let us have the ball knowing we are unlikely to hurt them.

I hate ipswich as much as anyone but 90% of their fans are fine and actually just like us. We both have 10% of idiots who define us too each other.

Side by side I have to say both of our teams are very similar and they finished above us on gd when we had Murphy and maddison which we won''t next season.

I hope they r shit next season and I hope we find the players we need to take us into the play offs but realistically we need another 4 or 5 first team players of better quality than we have

Here''s the deal, I''ve pledged a quid to our DS boys and girls for every point if the binners finish above us and King Keano has pledged a quid to them for every point if we finish above them. It''s win/win for the CSF. Who do you "realists" think will be out of pocket?

Nutty i will also pledge a quid for every point the Scum finish above us. By the way who are the realists you refer to on this thread ?

Theres one immediately above my post which states we realistically need another 4 or 5 first team players of better quality than we have. How can you realistically make that judgement when there''s two players come in who haven''t been seen?

I think realistically we will have to wait and see. I also think it''s more realistic to base judgements on style of play by using the second half of the season rather than clinging on to the negative boring stuff we witnessed last year.

Thanks for the pledge Tilly. 🙃

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
If this is you having another little pop Hoggy in my direction which i strongly suspect it is let me just make it clear that i hate the Scum with a passion and have no time for the likes of King Keano talking nonsense on here. If you consider that the person i was talking about in my post is '' defending '' our team with his tiresome repeated time and again inane outbursts on a daily basis i suggest you think again. Defending false allegations is one thing but to keep on and on about weeds in the roof,empty seats etc etc in virtually every post he makes is absolutely tedious and pathetic.
[/quote]
"tiresome repeated time and again inane outbursts on a daily basis "
"but to keep on and on ...... in

virtually every post he makes is absolutely tedious and pathetic."
hear hear !

If u don''t think last season''s team needed at least 3 new better players to improve it from mid table then you must have been watching a different team to me.

Since then we have lost Murphy and will lose maddison. So 3+2=5 thats not to mention tbe loanees and wes we no longer have, but I''m happy to be proved a miserable old pessimist...

But I''m sure I would have said the same last season if I was a wolves supporter so...

I''m a happy old optimist but don''t claim my views to be realistic. 🙃

What is true though is the second half of the season our possession football wasn''t played in areas we couldn''t hurt the opposition.

We didn''t hurt the opposition as much as we should have but that''s a different story.

There were improvments, sure.

But I don''t blame anyone for being skeptical about how we''ll fair without two out of our POTS top 3 and 2 of our top 3 scorers from last season.

Sure McClean and Buendia could fill those holes and Hernandez and Srebeny could step up but it is a lot of maybes right now.

Saying that it is hugely difficult to judge- I thought we''d challenge for promotion the year we got relegated to League One and I was pretty nervous before the season we finished 12th under Lambert.