Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Come on, I know they're Ipswich but they're not this dim...surely?

they are
definitely they are
the dimwitted farmhands who swallowed the guff about
being in the Champions League in five years
operation premiership
half the first team squad to be their youth players by 2017
Cat 1 academy if they stumped up enough
for the moment this is all they have to cling to, that somehow we will far cup things as badly as they have
poor old paupers

If Ipswich had to sell two of their first team regulars ima sure there would be some on here cooing at their situation.

It doesn’t look great from the outside, just as Norwich fans we knew it was coming and have hope that the players coming in will improve the team. (Because we know that the club will replace these players).

Note your use of ''had''.
If that was the case why not in January, when fees are supposed to be higher?
So far one player has ''moved up''.. so what ?
Would we really have praised the club if we had spent the money being suggested on Murphy ?

Don’t blame Ipswich for using anything they possibly can to try and put a smile on their faces

As unattractive as the football might have been, they may soon be finding out MM wasn’t doing such a bad job after all ince this season gets underway.

Not really Dim?

It’s fairly simple, you’re absolutely skint and NEED to sell these players to ensure you survive next season and fill this 20m gap in your finances that exists.

These players will be replaced by cheap Germans/Spanish 2nd or even 3rd tier players.

Can you just imagine how poor you’ll be next season without Maddison!?

Hi King Keano. Absolutely love seeing your username by the way; but it should serve as a reminder that whenever you lot start gloating it tends to go badly wrong.
This 20m gap that exists...even if that were 100% accurate, we''re getting at least that for Maddison. You told us Murphy wasn''t worth anything last time we spoke. Now he''s going for £11 million. More than you''d get for half your squad put together. Just let that sink in.

I don''t know who it was but I recently read someone on TWTD write "say what you like about Norwich, they do get top dollar when they sell their players"

I''d agree. I wish Murphy all the best but it would not surprise me if the fee we get for both of them is the most they''re ever worth. of course may be wrong - and wouldn''t begrudge either of them successful careers but neither Josh nor Jacob have been kings of consistency and Jacob didn''t set the world alight at Newcastle last season.

Wish them all the best but am satisfied with the money they are going for.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]I do love this ''cheap foreigner'' line they''re always using. Most of them would walk into their side. [/quote]

Would they really? You finished below us last season remember - that despite us being completely injury ravaged from game 1

[quote user="hogesar"]Hi King Keano. Absolutely love seeing your username by the way; but it should serve as a reminder that whenever you lot start gloating it tends to go badly wrong.
This 20m gap that exists...even if that were 100% accurate, we''re getting at least that for Maddison. You told us Murphy wasn''t worth anything last time we spoke. Now he''s going for £11 million. More than you''d get for half your squad put together. Just let that sink in.
[/quote]

I don’t know about us being dim, but do you really think you’ll be getting 11m up front for Murphy? Or more realistically a deal that involves a number of top ups? Similar to that of Maddison you’d assume.

Either way, your skint.

It''s `you''re`, but trying to educate someone from Ipswich is difficult enough in person let alone over the internet.
No, I don''t think we''ll be getting that up front. But it''s irrelevant to your previous argument that players such as him, which we quoted as having value, apparently don''t have value.
I would suggest you were wrong with that one. As with most things.
As I say, nice to see you posting with that name of yours, ''King Keano''

I guess you’re fortunate that the firesale stops at Maddison as there really is little else left now is there?

In all honesty, can you imagine next season without Maddison?

“They have a hole in their finances that is 3 or 4 times the size of ours, but they have nobody to plug the gap”

Wow, now that is a level of thick I don’t think I’ve seen before 😀😀

When was the last time you had a player worth that much, actually let’s rephrase that, when was the last time you had a team worth what we’ll get for Maddison.

Your record sale of a player was £8m, bags of talent at Poorman Road then I guess.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]When was the last time you had a player worth that much, actually let’s rephrase that, when was the last time you had a team worth what we’ll get for Maddison.

Your record sale of a player was £8m, bags of talent at Poorman Road then I guess.[/quote]

Sorry, but when was the last time that your club was anything more than a participant?

As opposed to vaguely participating in the Championship for what...16 years solid?
I guess your rivals selling a player for lots of money is something you lot down the road class as excitement nowadays..

To be fair to the sc*m we would be revelling in it if they were selling their best players (if they had any decent ones) and we are selling good players and thus on the face of it potentially getting weaker.

They probably havn''t seen enough of Trybull, Vrancic and (if he comes in) Leitner and Zimmerman etc to realise that some of the cheaper players we have brought in are very good players. They probably donlt even know we signed McClean last season. Lets hope they also haven;t seen Srbenny play!

That said the general view on there seems to be that we will have a £20m gap every season which assumes that our wage bill is not decreasing to a sustainable level which is fairly moronic.

I always try to judge the relative merits of football teams by coming up with those who would get in the other side.

looking at last years line ups, I''d have only 2 or, maybe, 3 of their players instead of our equivalents. But they played way above their level, whereas we didn''t so they do have some gloating points at the moment.

The points they make about replacements for Murphy and Maddison are valid - we are all making them as well. But we will have money to spend - unlike them; and our grade one academy has now produced close to £25m in transfer fees so as well as having raised £5m in 72 hours to ensure we keep our status we are actually producing players - this season Lewis, Matthews and Cantwell will be in the first team squad.

As for our German 4th division signings - I''m pretty happy with Trybull, Zimmerman and Vrancic. Leitner would be good too, though accepted that Franke and Stieperman haven''t excelled. Let''s hope our new Argentinian can create some chances as Pritchard''s replacement.

The next two or three incomings will though define our season. Two strikers and a right back essential.

King Keano was on here a week or so ago saying how Waghorne was worth more than Murphy, Nelson, Klose and Pinto combined.

So he''s either very wrong or believes Waghorne is worth about £20m now...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]That said the general view on there seems to be that we will have a £20m gap every season which assumes that our wage bill is not decreasing to a sustainable level which is fairly moronic.[/quote]
Yup, it''s weird. All but one of the big earners (Nelson) drop off the wagebill next summer.

[quote user="King Keano"]

Sorry, but when was the last time that your club was anything more than a participant?[/quote]
The last time we participated in the play-offs we did OK, how did you get on?

Now hold yew hard Jimbo!! Where''s this 20m every year suddenly come from? Are you suggesting that other championship clubs are subsidised by upwards of 20m every season? How does that get by FFP?

“They have a hole in their finances that is 3 or 4 times the size of ours, but they have nobody to plug the gap”

If that were to be even remotely true then Stephen Naismith, Russell Martin and Matt Jarvis would need to be three of the highest paid players in the English game and we would just be charging a tenner for our season tickets, bearing in mind that we have reached nearly double their own total of pre-season sales.

The thing is that a good proportion of their fans spend nearly as much time on this forum than they do on TWTD (and this Keano individual is just the tip of the iceberg,) and enjoy feeding off the gross and continuous negativity of the few on here who seem to have an agenda against the board which is divorced from reality, (We know who these are, and perhaps Michael Bailey should be added to the list.)

These binmen pick up on anything disparaging about our club and exaggerate it to the point of make believe (eg. apparently our German imports are from the fourth tier.) They have little else going for them after all.

They readily ignore any positives in the way their account of their wonderful history ignores their debt, the parlous state of their ground, their administration and their subsequent treatment of local businesses and charities. They have become adept at only seeing what they want to see whether it be concerned with matters ITFC or NCFC.

Again, this Keano character provides the perfect example of all this.

Our recent Premier League excursions, as opposed to their record breaking spell in the Championship, have for one reason or another left us needing to follow the route of economy. It is however a situation which pales into insignificance when compared with their debt of some £90m which is increasing annually, their declining gate receipts and their very limited assets.

I went fishing and caught myself a history lover.

I didn’t think I’d get a bite that quickly but I guess when you’re that starved for that many years you’ll bite at anything 😂

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Now hold yew hard Jimbo!! Where''s this 20m every year suddenly come from? Are you suggesting that other championship clubs are subsidised by upwards of 20m every season? How does that get by FFP?[/quote]

I''m saying that it won''t be the case Nutty despite their dearest wishes.

That said its worth noting that Evans effectively subsidises them to the tune of £6-8m a year just to maintain the sh*t squad they currently have. If our gates hold up then that basically should put our sustainable wage bill on a par with them but if they drop off is good old Delia going to do the same?

Jimbo. This doomsday scenario about Delia has been posted on here for as long as I''ve been posting. Her record appears to be defined by what people think will happen rather than what actually has happened.

If Evans is subsidising the binners to the extent you believe where does that subsidy go?