Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Marley watkins to bristol city...having a medical

If he goes then good luck to him.
Grant Holt showed that it can work at one club but not another.
His wages will be better used for another player, so we all move on.

Good riddance to a complete waste of space. You can usually see something in a player that makes you think they could be ok but I never saw it with Watkins. Just can’t see what he brings to any team. Not quick, not skilful, no great aerial ability. Ok worked hard but that was about it.

Bound to play a blinder and score against us now.

I''d rather he scores a goal against us next year than not score any goals for us....

True..

I think I might have said similar about iwan Roberts after 1 season but atleast he had a good previous track record.

Best move for both parties.

Not quite as sad an ending as the other marley and me.

Whilst I’m fully behind the sale as it didn’t work out here it will still be interesting to see how he gets on next season.

If (and it’s a big if) he goes onto score 10+ and looks dangerous then we surely have to ask the question why Farke couldn’t get sod all out of him.

I''m sure some fans are going to come in and say he was underused/underappreciated - but In my opinion he was given enough chances, and was consistently woeful for us. Absolutely diabolical.

My one memory of him will be the red card away at Reading, where he came of the bench to make a wild, completely unnecessary tackle. Made worse by the fact it was in their box and when we were holding on for an away win.

I wish him well for the future. But bloody hell, I can''t believe we''ve turned a profit here.

Have Bristol employed the scouts we used to scout RVW!? Poor, poor player

[quote user="Big O"]Whilst I’m fully behind the sale as it didn’t work out here it will still be interesting to see how he gets on next season.

If (and it’s a big if) he goes onto score 10+ and looks dangerous then we surely have to ask the question why Farke couldn’t get sod all out of him.[/quote]
Not really. He''s a hassling and harrying ball over the top type player, not fit or what Farke is trying to do imo. Despite the fact his first touch was pretty awful I don''t doubt that he could do well elsewhere.
Not better than any of our strikers or wingers last season so it''s not surprising he couldn''t find a place in the team.
Shame it didn''t work out for him but it looks like there''s been a small profit made on him. Could have been worse.

Type of footballer required - intelligent, adaptable and with good technical skills. Watkins doesn''t appear to have those attributes. He was also pulled up for not working hard enough at one point last season.  Will probably do better elsewhere where he can play in a club with a simpler approach.  Our standards appear to be higher.

Wish Marley all the best at Brizzle but really was one of the players that had to be gotten rid, did nothing of use at City, a shame for player and club. These things happen though, and is a move that is good for all concerned im sure.

So who is next to depart ?
Not who do you want, but who will be off ?
Wildschutt hasn''t really done much at Cardiff
McGovern hasn''t really done much at Norwich
Oliveira hasn''t really done much anywhere

[quote user="Mr Benn"]
So who is next to depart ?
Not who do you want, but who will be off ?
Wildschutt hasn''t really done much at Cardiff
McGovern hasn''t really done much at Norwich
Oliveira hasn''t really done much anywhere
[/quote]
Not sure about who next, but imagine Madders likely of course in next couple weeks or so, would imagine we will hear of Naismith concluding some kind of deal back to Hearts. Most fans seem convinced Olly will depart, but im not yet as convinced.

I assume we would be happy to deal on any of the following:

Naismith

Martin

Jarvis

McGovern

Wildshut

Klose - wages

Pinto - wages

Oliveira - wages

Maddison - too big an offer to turn down

Franke - hasn’t quite worked out but will stay if klose goes

Everyone else I would assume is core to the plans or at a more suitable wage level. We clearly need a keeper if McGovern goes 1 or 2 right backs (dependant on how highly they rate the boy Aaron’s) an attacking midfielder to replace Maddison (hopefully Leitner), a winger and a centre forward. So hopefully 5/10 out and 5 in

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Type of footballer required - intelligent, adaptable and with good technical skills. Watkins doesn''t appear to have those attributes. He was also pulled up for not working hard enough at one point last season.  Will probably do better elsewhere where he can play in a club with a simpler approach.  Our standards appear to be higher.
[/quote]

Pity our approach to scoring goals does not seem to be higher... Who we all excited about leaving next?

Next... Naismith and Jarvis please. I''d give Wildschutt and Olivera the benefit of the doubt for now.

Watkins, Wildshut and Naismith were all reasonably regular goal scorers at their previous clubs.......and then they sign for Norwich.....

Fingers crossed that Kenny Mclean doesn’t follow this same pattern, as the current fire sale is blunting an already impotent attacking outfit.

Good business, he never looked more than average and often not even that good.