Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Marley Watkins pitch

Some may recall how the sale of Kevin Reeves supposedly funded the redevelopment of the River End.
Could this be similar with Marley Watkins being sold to pay for a new pitch ?
Could the sale of James Maddison fund a new stand to replace the Main Stand, I wonder ?
Would the sale of Oliveira fund safe standing in the Barclay ?
Perhaps the sale of Russel Martin could be used to restore the amount of scampi to acceptable levels ?

I think more fitting the old turf that is being dug  up and carted across to Colney to be given Marley''s name than the new one being seeded at CR.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Why not put it towards a life-sized bronze statue of the great Neil Doncaster.

A true club savoury.......[/quote]
up there with
unheated sausage rolls
and reduced amounts of scampi

["Mr Benn"]
Some may recall how the sale of Kevin Reeves supposedly funded the redevelopment of the River End.
Could this be similar with Marley Watkins being sold to pay for a new pitch ?
Could the sale of James Maddison fund a new stand to replace the Main Stand, I wonder ?
Would the sale of Oliveira fund safe standing in the Barclay ?
Perhaps the sale of Russel Martin could be used to restore the amount of scampi to acceptable levels ?

Yes I remember the sale of Kevin Reeves being described by some as the funding of the new River End (its looks old now!) and the beginning of the end!

Marley Watkins didn''t work out for Norwich last season so selling him for a half decent price is makes good sense. I''m sure some of the money maybe spent on the new pitch that was I believe a football League requirement cause it hadn''t been done for a number of years?

The club won''t be building a new main stand unless they were in the top flight and probably for a few seasons!

Selling the enigma that is Nelson Oliviera would probably be good business and some of the money maybe spent on safe standing areas in the lower Barclay and Snakepit if the law is changed?

We probably won''t get much for Russell Martin now but please stop all this derogatory comments towards a player who while not ever being a worldbeater was a terrific servant for Norwich City FC so has to be subsequently classed as one of our best pound for pound signing ever I suggest!

err, it was all rather tongue in cheek
and if it helps I fully agree with your thoughts on Russell Martin - the comment was actually a dig at those who do not share our view of RM

Would it not make sense to take up the pitch and send it down to poorman road,
in the same spirit as fans who send unwanted football kit to Africa
Their pitch looked in a dreadful state and I''m sure they would appreciate whatever help we can put their way