Sign in to follow this  
Insider

Incoming signing!

We’ve beat Millwall to signing Ben Marshall according to inside information! Watch this space!

I''ll save anyone else the trouble of saying it - source? Can you give us some idea what sort of "inside information" you have without dropping a contact in it?

If true I think he will be a good signing.

He was one of the players at Blackburn that stood out a few years ago and although not done much since he’d got the remit of what we are looking for, ie either loan or cheap.

He hasn’t gone for much money previously so suspect he wouldn’t cost a fortune to buy.

Well. This gets the award for least convincing thread in history.

It was reported in the media this morning that we were in for him. If he signs you were right. If he doesn''t then you''ll fabricate some excuse about why the deal has collapsed. Win win if you''re an attention seeker I guess.

Signed by a certain Paul Lambert when he was at Wolves FWIW.

Apparently if Millwall (where he was on loan) bid the reputed asking price of £1.2 million, it would be a club record for them. And we thought we were shopping for bargains!

You know the teenager drinking buckie at the bus stop last night told me my neighbour is a murderer, but tbh that and this incoming signing I won''t believe until Truegrit confirms he on the case.

Good News Gordon is that you?
He was the guy who rehashed the David Bell and Wes rumours and people thought he was in the know.
Which horribly fell apart when he claimed we were signing Shola Ameobi

Alan Nixon, journo for sun i believe on twitter:

@reluctantnicko

8 hours ago

NORWICH. In late and hard for Ben Marshall ... may beat Millwall ... NOT in paper

Another right sided wide player? Who is he and the others going to cross to? The Phantom of the Penalty Box? Perhaps Lloyd Webber could turn it into a musical, If not him then the other Webber.

Webber was in Middleton’s with an unknown player on Friday afternoon however the description sounds much more like Ducksch than Marshall.

Ok il say it...

I''d rather sign Andy Marshall

I''d rather sign Lee Marshall

I''d rather sign Ben Dover..

Ok..now I feel dirty for stopping this low I''m now off player spotting in the Sainsbury''s car park

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I would be happy for us to sigh Ducksch but I thought he implied he wanted to stay in Germany ?[/quote]
Seems to yo-yo a lot. Initially St Pauli wanted 3 million euro for Ducksch, and Dusseldorf have a budget of around 4 million to strengthen their whole squad, so were said to be looking elsewhere. (allegedly)
But then it seemed like it might be back on again.

[quote user="Insider"]All I’m saying is watch this space![/quote]
Been watching that space since 4.58pm, must say not much has happened.