Sign in to follow this  
unique

The sale of James Maddison

Everton are rumoured (by me) to have made a £26m bid.
It is not known (I have not made it up yet) whether that includes add ons or a sell on clause.
It''s thought that Maddison would prefer to play in a blue shirt (Daliy Mail) and on a home pitch that runs East to West (Daily Express astrologer).
Skybet have dropped their odds on Maddison being sold by Norwich City to 11/8 which means they must know something
And it has been reported that an English/German phrase book is on sale on Ebay from a Norwich seller

[quote user="Rolf Harris"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5853445/Leicester-make-22m-bid-Norwich-playmaker-James-Maddison.html

Leicester have bidded. Decent fee.[/quote]
Not sure if they have new information, or are just repeating what John Percy said in the Telegraph (he was the guy who announced the Daniel Farke appointment before anyone had even heard of him).
Seems like Leicester have made a firm bid, but Norwich ideally want a £25m package

The papers are outdoing each other with the latest "exclusive" surrounding Madders, we will no doubt only have 24-48 hours  more to find out his final destination, be it Leicester or Soton. Whatever, it seems the one near-as-dangit thing to emerge is that the fee is nicely north of 20 mill and within the zone of what will be acceptable to City.
The sooner its done, the sooner City will be able to go out and get whomever is on their radar. We can argue  the toss about the comings and goings, of this or that guy is good or bad for City, but Webber consistently gets the job done, as does Neil Adams.
We are seeing the outs right now, a bit of patience more and soon enough the ins will arrive, and if its all to much, well, England are on the telly tomorrow.

If we do end up selling Maddison it will be the ultimate betrayal of the fans and the ultimate sign they really have no ambition what so ever

I will be forced if this is the case to demand the immediate and unconditional resignation of the entire board of directors of NCFC and the immediate appointment of a stinking rich Arab owner

[quote user="Splat the Cat"]I will be forced if this is the case to demand the immediate and unconditional resignation of the entire board of directors of NCFC and the immediate appointment of a stinking rich Arab owner[/quote]Why not start a petition? I have few few names to start you off. [:D]

I''ll be more shocked if we don''t sell him. I see it as who to and how much now.

Mirror saying £24m bids accepted from both Southampton and Leicester. Will be interesting to see who he chooses if true.

John Percy telegraph journo just tweeted:

@JPercyTelegraph

1 minute ago

More Maddison update. Understand #lcfc have now agreed a fee of £25m with Norwich after instalments etc. Medical expected in next few days #ncfc #otbc

Michael Bailey retweeting that now saying ''productive day'', some legs in that one.

Sounds decent money

[quote user="king canary"]You''d think Leicester would be front runner as he''s from the Midlands.[/quote]
Could move back in with his mum and dad [:P]

I don’t believe he would go to Leicester because it’s closer to home. He will go to the club where he feels he can develop and be the more successful wherever that is.

JM said to favour Southampton and not Leicester £22m + add ons agreed apparently. One of the add ons must be a Sell On Clause. He needs to go to smaller club where he will get games another couple of seasons improvement will see huge clubs come calling for £50m+. Southampton ideal as a selling club.

Every club is a selling club, just as they are a buying club

"Splat the Cat" If we do end up selling Maddison it will be the ultimate betrayal of the fans and the ultimate sign they really have no ambition what so ever

I will be forced if this is the case to demand the immediate and unconditional resignation of the entire board of directors of NCFC and the immediate appointment of a stinking rich Arab owner

Why havent you started that campaign already? He WILL be sold, the amount will never satisfy you, so why wait?

"Every club is a selling club, just as they are a buying club"

Mr Benn , I don''t agree.... Real Madrid, Man City, Barcelona,... are GET RID OF clubs... they don''t have to sell , they just get rid of players they don''t want on their books anymore...

I''ve accepted that JM will be sold , there is no point in moaning about it. It all comes down to getting the right price paid for him.

Now we will see what Webber/Farke are made of in the transfer market. Who will they get in as replacements for the players sold?

Mind you , I am not filled with confidence , ... Quality has to be replaced with quality...especially if the only player with real quality is departing.

Long period of mediocrity looms...we''ll just have to accept it I reckon.

Leicester according to this bloke:

http://the72.co.uk/106044/leicester-southampton-james-maddison-decided/

Probably a good choice, as So''ton likely to struggle more than Leicester but still a team he should get playing time with (especially if Mahrez goes.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Leicester according to this bloke:

http://the72.co.uk/106044/leicester-southampton-james-maddison-decided/

Probably a good choice, as So''ton likely to struggle more than Leicester but still a team he should get playing time with (especially if Mahrez goes.[/quote]
With Maddison and his ability to hold on to the ball and find space, Vardy - if he stays at Leicester - should be the beneficiary. It will even be worth watching MOTD if Maddison is involved, he is that good.