Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Stinking rich Chinese owner!

Villa have come to a settlement with HMRC as they are paying £.5 million now and another £1.2 by the end of the week so it looks like Mr Xia,s wallet is not empty unlike Delia''s.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Villa have come to a settlement with HMRC as they are paying £.5 million now and another £1.2 by the end of the week so it looks like Mr Xia,s wallet is not empty unlike Delia''s.[/quote]So why didn''t he just pay the tax on time.... methinks that the situation is not as rosy as you seem to believe it to be!

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Villa have come to a settlement with HMRC as they are paying £.5 million now and another £1.2 by the end of the week so it looks like Mr Xia,s wallet is not empty unlike Delia''s.[/quote]So why didn''t he just pay the tax on time.... methinks that the situation is not as rosy as you seem to believe it to be!
[/quote]
What makes you think that i think the situation is rosy ? Merely posted info from BBC Sport and has not the Villa CEO been suspended by the club for failing to address this matter which was surely within his job description unless you think the owner sits behind a desk signing the cheques and paying the bills ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user=" Badger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Villa have come to a settlement with HMRC as they are paying £.5 million now and another £1.2 by the end of the week so it looks like Mr Xia,s wallet is not empty unlike Delia''s.[/quote]So why didn''t he just pay the tax on time.... methinks that the situation is not as rosy as you seem to believe it to be!
[/quote]
What makes you think that i think the situation is rosy ? Merely posted info from BBC Sport and has not the Villa CEO been suspended by the club for failing to address this matter which was surely within his job description unless you think the owner sits behind a desk signing the cheques and paying the bills ?
[/quote]
Oh I see. So that snide anti-Delia comment was in the BBC report. You didn''t gratuitously add it. Strange of the BBC.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Villa have come to a settlement with HMRC as they are paying £.5 million now and another £1.2 by the end of the week so it looks like Mr Xia,s wallet is not empty unlike Delia''s.[/quote]Well Til your quotation sort of implies that Villa''s situation is ok and better than ours!  From the article to which you refer:"Whilst this may at least be a move in the right direction it would be

extremely optimistic to see this as anything other than a short-term

measure. The HMRC problem was the first, but by no means the only, financial fire

that needed putting out. The club remains in a frightening financial

position
and more long-term measures now need to be put in place to ease

fears that Aston Villa could be put into administration."https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44399227

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user=" Badger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Villa have come to a settlement with HMRC as they are paying £.5 million now and another £1.2 by the end of the week so it looks like Mr Xia,s wallet is not empty unlike Delia''s.[/quote]So why didn''t he just pay the tax on time.... methinks that the situation is not as rosy as you seem to believe it to be!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Oh I see. So that snide anti-Delia comment was in the BBC report. You didn''t gratuitously add it. Strange of the BBC.
[/quote]
[:D]

Archants poll is currently on 36% happy with the current ownership and 39% wanting a change in ownership. So not the vocal minority that some on here would have you believe 🤔

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user=" Badger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Villa have come to a settlement with HMRC as they are paying £.5 million now and another £1.2 by the end of the week so it looks like Mr Xia,s wallet is not empty unlike Delia''s.[/quote]So why didn''t he just pay the tax on time.... methinks that the situation is not as rosy as you seem to believe it to be!
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
And of course you don''t make any snide or sarcastic comments now do you Purple ?

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Villa have come to a settlement with HMRC as they are paying £.5 million now and another £1.2 by the end of the week so it looks like Mr Xia,s wallet is not empty unlike Delia''s.[/quote]Well Til your quotation sort of implies that Villa''s situation is ok and better than ours!  From the article to which you refer:"Whilst this may at least be a move in the right direction it would be

extremely optimistic to see this as anything other than a short-term

measure. The HMRC problem was the first, but by no means the only, financial fire

that needed putting out. The club remains in a frightening financial

position
and more long-term measures now need to be put in place to ease

fears that Aston Villa could be put into administration."https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44399227

[/quote]
I am not denying for one moment that Villa are in deep trouble but they have been able within a couple of days come to an agreement with HMRC and find £1.7 million this week to stave off the first attempt at administration by those looking for money.

[quote user="JF"]Archants poll is currently on 36% happy with the current ownership and 39% wanting a change in ownership. So not the vocal minority that some on here would have you believe 🤔[/quote]
yes, that is a quite in depth and comprehensive analysis of club supporters
still, any stick I sppose

[quote user="JF"]Archants poll is currently on 36% happy with the current ownership and 39% wanting a change in ownership. So not the vocal minority that some on here would have you believe 🤔[/quote]

With the majority wanting change this will only grow when we have another disappointing start to the season

I am convinced this will be the year when they finally go.

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in

yes, that is a quite in depth and comprehensive analysis of club supporters

In other words, if you don’t agree with the results poll you disregard it.

[quote user="Mike "]Somebody are clearly obsessed with Delia... It''s a pity we as a progressive club are not allowed to see who potential owners are and that it is being kept as a family play thing.

I always want the best for my club and I understand how somebody are scared of change.. different views.. spice of life and all that...[/quote]
I love the "somebody" angle although I''m not convinced somebody are clearly Delia obsessed. I also don''t believe that somebody is scared of change but I expect there is somebody somewhere...
Just like there''s somebody who are obsessed with other peoples money. There''s somebody who are wanting change for the sake of change. There''s somebody who are admitting that there''s at best a 50% of a new owner being a good owner and would be happy to risk our club at those odds. There''s somebody who are so shallow that their support is dependent on how much money the owner has. There''s somebody who doesn''t understand what racism is. There''s somebody who are in belief that a community club is "tinpot" and worthy of ridicule. So many somebodys or maybe just a few the same....

[quote user="JF"]yes, that is a quite in depth and comprehensive analysis of club supporters

In other words, if you don’t agree with the results poll you disregard it.[/quote]
I believe the poll. I think it''s accurate for the people who support the club via the internet along with people who don''t even support the club but vote. I also think there''s more accurate ways to gauge the feeling of supporters who support the club in more tangible ways.

[quote user="nutty nigel"] I also think there''s more accurate ways to gauge the feeling of supporters who support the club in more tangible ways.[/quote]
Maybe St Andrews Hall might be a tangible way as the internet and polls seem to be favoured these days ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="nutty nigel"] I also think there''s more accurate ways to gauge the feeling of supporters who support the club in more tangible ways.[/quote]
Maybe St Andrews Hall might be a tangible way as the internet and polls seem to be favoured these days ?
[/quote]
I first met Tangible at The Andrews....

Villa are in a mess because China has changed its rule on allowing cash out of the country and as the owner bank rolls them to the tune of £5M a month... a stupid situation.

But lets not kid ourselves that we are that much better because if Maddison had not had a great season we be staring at a massive financial black hole... similar to when we ended up in the third tier of football.

Some.of the wages we have been paying for frankly average players has meant us selling all our best talent, something Villa will probably have to do now.

Deloittes latest piece on Championship Club''s Accounts advocates Clubs must move towards operating independently of the financial backing of their owners. Chasing the dream is simply not working - Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield accumulated Financial Losses of £106M to get there. Fine if you make it, but doomsday scenario if not! Maybe we''re ahead of the game with our structure after all.

[quote user="Mike "]Villa are in a mess because China has changed its rule on allowing cash out of the country and as the owner bank rolls them to the tune of £5M a month... a stupid situation.

But lets not kid ourselves that we are that much better because if Maddison had not had a great season we be staring at a massive financial black hole... similar to when we ended up in the third tier of football.

Some.of the wages we have been paying for frankly average players has meant us selling all our best talent, something Villa will probably have to do now.[/quote]
Is this what you meant by casual racism Mike?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mike "]Villa are in a mess because China has changed its rule on allowing cash out of the country and as the owner bank rolls them to the tune of £5M a month... a stupid situation.

Some.of the wages we have been paying for frankly average players has meant us selling all our best talent, something Villa will probably have to do now.[/quote]
[/quote]

Please explain... Should be interesting....

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mike "]Villa are in a mess because China has changed its rule on allowing cash out of the country and as the owner bank rolls them to the tune of £5M a month... a stupid situation.

[/quote]

Please explain... Should be interesting....[/quote]
That''s what I was asking you to do. 

Just to be clear I saw no casual racism in your post or anybody else''s post on this thread. So I asked you the question.

On some of the points raised on here swiss ramble''s twitter has had some relevant charts. I can''t remember how to do the image tags or Clucky links (Pete, hurry up) so please someone do the necessary if they don''t work:

For all of the talk of owners taking interest on the money they sink into the club, in 2016/17 we actually paid the 6th highest amount of interest in the league, despite being debt free!

pic.twitter.com/AZ7lIEnF0i

(Well actually 3m debt according to this pic.twitter.com/acdNtrOBOl )

However its not all room and gloom as we are well above average for revenue generation with the second highest commercial revenue pic.twitter.com/UOvpuDt2OI which includes sponsorship, and 7th for match day revenue pic.twitter.com/tnoxakgfRd.

Unfortunately these are lifted from his review of Blackburn''s season and he seems to have abandoned his blog in favour of twitter streams (which is very annoying) so I don''t know if he has done us or not...

I guess what I''m trying to say is, we are well on track to be self funding and in a far better position than most clubs when it comes to independence from owners purse strings, which I am massively in favour of...

Thanks Cornish.

He''s actually done a pretty long thread on Ipswich this morning which makes for interesting reading.

It''s difficult to look at his charts and not come to the conclusion that running a Championship club is a loss making enterprise though.

If the idea that a sustainable wage budget for us is about £21m is borne out then according to these charts we''d have the 7th lowest wage budget in the league.

[quote user="king canary"]If the idea that a sustainable wage budget for us is about £21m is borne out then according to these charts we''d have the 7th lowest wage budget in the league.[/quote]What''s the source of the £21 million figure?

It is all very FPA- working with the idea, that our income is going to be around £30m and a sustainable wages to income ratio being around 70%.

[quote user="Big Vince"]The boy Xia is hardly going to let the club be wound up, now is he?

Villa getting into difficulties does not mean that Delia is somehow going to rise to the top because all our other rivals are going to go belly up too.

Delia needs to account for her own many failings here.[/quote]

Indeed saved from a bad position by Bowkett et al and then the current board oversee the pouring of £50m down the drain.

Before Bowkett and McNally came on board, Delia and the rest of the board had delivered league 1 football and were seriously considering selling the stadium to keep the club afloat. It’s not only dodgy foreign investors that could lead the club to ruin...