Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Stinking rich Chinese owner!

"Aston Villa are in crisis following the suspension of chief executive Keith Wyness after the club missed a tax payment.
Villa now face a winding up order unless they pay their outstanding debt within a week.
News

of Wyness’ departure arrives in the middle of a bleak summer for Villa,

who are set to sell several of their star players in order to comply

with Financial Fair Play regulations."

Yep, thank goodness we''ve got Delia. [Y]

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-winding-up-order-what-14747971

The boy Xia is hardly going to let the club be wound up, now is he?

Villa getting into difficulties does not mean that Delia is somehow going to rise to the top because all our other rivals are going to go belly up too.

Delia needs to account for her own many failings here.

[quote user="Big Vince"]The boy Xia is hardly going to let the club be wound up, now is he? [/quote]According to SSN, Villa are asking to settle the bill in ''staged payments''. Why would a stinking rich owner need that Vinnie?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]The boy Xia is hardly going to let the club be wound up, now is he? [/quote]According to SSN, Villa are asking to settle the bill in ''staged payments''. Why would a stinking rich owner need that Vinnie?[/quote]

Anything to play the system I suppose. Bit like Amazon and Buckstars not paying as much tax as some think they oughta.

It''s actually fairly common [url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41083617[/url]
Clubs that have faced winding-up petitions between 2012-13 and 2016-17Championship: Bolton, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich Town, Leeds UnitedLeague One: Oldham Athletic, Southend United, Swindon Town, Port Vale, BuryLeague Two: Leyton Orient, Hartlepool United, Notts County, Mansfield Town, Accrington Stanley, Wycombe Wanderers, Northampton Town, Carlisle United.

We''re going to see a lot more of these filthy rich, couldn''t care less about the Club, types leaving a lot of Clubs in real trouble. Cards on the table, I for one am happy with the direction our Board have take. It''s long term and sustainable.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]We''re going to see a lot more of these filthy rich, couldn''t care less about the Club, types leaving a lot of Clubs in real trouble. Cards on the table, I for one am happy with the direction our Board have take. It''s long term and sustainable.[/quote]
This particular case looks as if it may partly be down to executive incompetence rather than Aston Villa being on the verge of bankruptcy, but I too believe the influx of risk-taking corporate money into the Championship will lead to clubs breaking FFP and getting into financial trouble.

I find these "filthy rich Chinese" comments frankly childish and a bit xenophobic, a bit like that Times article. It not about a filthy rich Chinese owner it''s about a decent competent owner of any nationality who is willing to try and take the club forward.

I would harass a guess that Villa will pay any bills and will be more competitive than us next season(I hope they are not).

Meanwhile, the best player we have had in a decade is been sold to a club/ clubs we use to to be on a level with at the very least (Leicester / Fulham)... Go Delia!

It sounds like both sides are spinning Sky and the BBC pretty hard.
The BBC are going with "BBC WM now understands that the suspension of Wyness and the unpaid tax bill are in no way connected. "
Sky have added "One source suggested that he had been suspended after informing Mr Xia that the club would have to file for administration if it could not meet its tax obligations."
[url]https://news.sky.com/story/aston-villa-suspends-ceo-as-club-races-to-meet-hmrc-tax-bill-11395857[/url]

Also from the Sky report: "Tony Xia, a Chinese businessman, bought Villa from Randy Lerner in 2016 but is reported to have held talks with potential buyers in recent days."

So much for this particular stinking rich owner then.

Yep, thank goodness we''ve got Delia. Yes [Y]

I know she’s just wonderful isn’t she 🤗🤗😍😍😍

We were broke, won the lottery and now we’re broke again but she’s just such a lovely old woman that none of that really matters 😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️❤️

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Also from the Sky report: "Tony Xia, a Chinese businessman, bought Villa from Randy Lerner in 2016 but is reported to have held talks with potential buyers in recent days."

So much for this particular stinking rich owner then.[/quote]

There are good and bad owners. Most successful owners tend to have a bit of capital and don''t sell their prize assets every season to survive.

John Percy from the Telegraph is saying Villa owe the taxman £4.2m
[url]https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/05/aston-villa-plunged-financial-crisis-42m-tax-bill-leads-threat[/url]
Interesting how some on here were lauding Tony Xia''s "ambition"

[quote user="Mike "]I find these "filthy rich Chinese" comments frankly childish and a bit xenophobic, a bit like that Times article. It not about a filthy rich Chinese owner it''s about a decent competent owner of any nationality who is willing to try and take the club forward.

I would harass a guess that Villa will pay any bills and will be more competitive than us next season(I hope they are not).

Meanwhile, the best player we have had in a decade is been sold to a club/ clubs we use to to be on a level with at the very least (Leicester / Fulham)... Go Delia![/quote]

So Villa won’t be selling the likes of Jack Grealish to the likes of Leicester or Fulham?. Even if we had a rich owner we no longer get parachute payments so ffp would be hard to ignore.

It''s clear the odds on getting a decent stinking rich chinese owner arent odds worth taking unless your club is about to fold anyway.

Us? We have too much to lose.

I received this today. It''s no use to me but maybe one of you who are forever hankering after other folks money might be interested.
You''re wecome[:)]
From the Desk of Mr AHMED ZONGO
The head of file department of (BOA-BANK OF AFRICA)
Read & reply to my private E-mail = zongoahmed12@aol.com

Dear Friend

I am Mr AHMED ZONGO the head of file department of Bank of Africa
(B.O.A) here in Burkina Faso / Ouagadougou. In my department we
discover an abandoned sum of (US$18 million US Dollars) in an account
that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his
family in plane crash. It is therefore upon this discovery that I now
decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to
you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for the safety and
subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it. I agree that
40% of this money will be for you, while 60% would be for me. Then
after the money is been transferred into your account, I will visit
your country for an investment under your kind control.

You have to contact my Bank directly as the real next of kin of this
deceased account with next of kin application form. You have to send
me those your information below to enable me use it and get you next
of kin application form from bank, so that you will contact Bank for
the transfer of this money into your account.

Your Full Name_______________________
Your Home Address____________________
Your Age ___________________
Your Handset Number____________________
Your Occupation _______________________

I am waiting for your urgent respond to enable us proceed further for
the transfer.
Yours faithfully,
Mr AHMED ZONGO

I should be very wary of adverts coming from emails
Not long back a friend replied to an email for penis enlargement - purely out of curiosity
He was sent a very cheap plastic magnifying glass
Which was certainly not worth the £25 pound that was paid

The casual racism on here whilst celebrating the selling of our best player says a lot about some on the people on here...

Villa looks like a basket case but what about Wolves, Leicester, Cardiff, Fulham... As I said its about good and bad owners and most successful owners have financial banking.

New Argentine signing gives hope though so every cloud...

[quote user="Mike "]The casual racism on here whilst celebrating the selling of our best player says a lot about some on the people on here...

Villa looks like a basket case but what about Wolves, Leicester, Cardiff, Fulham... As I said its about good and bad owners and most successful owners have financial banking.

New Argentine signing gives hope though so every cloud...[/quote]
Is non existent and in your head.

[quote user="Mike "]The casual racism on here whilst celebrating the selling of our best player says a lot about some on the people on here...

New Argentine signing gives hope though so every cloud...[/quote]

Mike I am glad you had the courage to call it out

Xia was always an interesting one because his background/business interests in China always raised a question mark over whether he had the cash he was chucking about.

As Mike has said, there will be good foreign owners and bad foreign owners just as there are good and bad British owners. Its about doing due diligence on any new owner and to be honest i''ve not seen anyone suggesting that Delia and MWJ should not do that, more that their requirements for any new owner (if indeed they were prepared to entertain offers which they made clear has not been the case) were so restrictive that they are almost impossible to fulfil.

All 3 clubs promoted this season are owned by very wealthy, foreign owners. Wolves are a slightly different case (their owners appear to be so wealthy that they can spend what it takes) but you can argue that with both Fulham and Cardiff having that wealthy owner in the background has given them an edge over competitors because whilst it should not mean the club is not run sensibly and relatively sustainably it does enable you to take that calculated risk, hold on to that star player for an extra season because it gives you some breathing space or find that extra bit of cash for the right signing such as Mitrovic was for Fulham.

Holding Villa out as an example of why we are lucky we don;t have foreign owners is not appropriate and to be honest even if they do now "implode" as looks possible, they will still probably be battling it out with us mid table in the championship until they get bought by someone else. Big to medium sized football clubs just don''t go bust and disappear. Cov and Portsmouth are probably the worst case scenarios and both of them probably have a decent chance of being above us in a few years time.

[quote user="Jim Smith"] Holding Villa out as an example of why we are lucky we don;t have foreign owners is not appropriate and to be honest even if they do now "implode" as looks possible, they will still probably be battling it out with us mid table in the championship until they get bought by someone else. Big to medium sized football clubs just don''t go bust and disappear. Cov and Portsmouth are probably the worst case scenarios and both of them probably have a decent chance of being above us in a few years time.[/quote]
Wait, so we shouldn''t use Villa as an example of why rich foreign owners don''t necessarily work but in the same breath you can claim that two examples of badly run football clubs in the past ''have a decent chance'' of being above us? Even though they''re not above us? Or even in the same league? Bizarre.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Jim Smith"] Holding Villa out as an example of why we are lucky we don;t have foreign owners is not appropriate and to be honest even if they do now "implode" as looks possible, they will still probably be battling it out with us mid table in the championship until they get bought by someone else. Big to medium sized football clubs just don''t go bust and disappear. Cov and Portsmouth are probably the worst case scenarios and both of them probably have a decent chance of being above us in a few years time.[/quote]
Wait, so we shouldn''t use Villa as an example of why rich foreign owners don''t necessarily work but in the same breath you can claim that two examples of badly run football clubs in the past ''have a decent chance'' of being above us? Even though they''re not above us? Or even in the same league? Bizarre.
[/quote]

I think the point Jim is making is that not all "foreign" owners are bad (which you seem to imply with every post... why is that?) and not all British / English owners are good. There are good and bad on both sides and we happen to think that a good owner with finance is likely to be more successful than one without, eg Fulham.

We also think that if Delia had the best interests of the club at heart she would look for good owners that could help out on the finance front, which would see us potential keep the best player we have had in the past decade for another season (I understand clubs like NCFC eventually have to accept offers when it is too good). I do not think Delia & co are good owners, I think they are holding us back or at the very least making us uncompetitive.

But Delia owns the club and is unwilling to listen to other offers so irrelevant.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Jim Smith"] Holding Villa out as an example of why we are lucky we don;t have foreign owners is not appropriate and to be honest even if they do now "implode" as looks possible, they will still probably be battling it out with us mid table in the championship until they get bought by someone else. Big to medium sized football clubs just don''t go bust and disappear. Cov and Portsmouth are probably the worst case scenarios and both of them probably have a decent chance of being above us in a few years time.[/quote]
[/quote]

By all means use it as an example of why having foreign owners doesn''t necessarily work but that''s not what I said.

Clearly running a club at a £5m deficit every week is just plain stupid and no one in their right mind would want this. £120m in 2 years and they did not get promoted. WOW! Mismanagement on an epic scale.

Doesn''t change my view one iota.

Good & bad owners, investment will 100% make you more likely to succeed. Delia, Tom not good for our future...