Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Improvement needed at Archant

What on earth is going on at the EDP? They only seem to report on potential transfers when they are mentioned on this forum, Maddison and Marshall being the latest examples. Does anyone at Archant actually know what is going on at Carrow Road?

[quote user="king canary"]They got Buendia before anyone didn''t they?[/quote]
And one or two others last season, I think. In fact compared to the McNally regime, when they seemed to get no tip-offs at all from Carrow Road, Webber does seem to throw a few titbits the way of Archant Towers.

Compared to other local papers the Pink’Un does a very good job in my opinion.

If you seen something there you can have good faith that it is probably true, and they clearly label the stuff that is more fanciful.

Some local papers will report every silly little rumour as fact and are as untrustworthy as big swathes of national press.

They got Buendia before anyone had even had a sniff as King Canary mentioned.

It is easy for people on here to post any old claptrap but the Pink’Un should be above speculation and rumour (unless they mark it as so).

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]What on earth is going on at the EDP? They only seem to report on potential transfers when they are mentioned on this forum, Maddison and Marshall being the latest examples. Does anyone at Archant actually know what is going on at Carrow Road?[/quote]
I would ask for your money back if I were you

I thought this was going to have some comment about the quality of the reporting from Davitt, Bailey & Freezer. So which squad player equates to each journo? Who is your marley watkins, Ben Godfrey or James Maddison??

It is always a tightrope but overall I think we are well served with Davitt & Bailey in particular.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[quote user="king canary"]They got Buendia before anyone didn''t they?[/quote]
And one or two others last season, I think. In fact compared to the McNally regime, when they seemed to get no tip-offs at all from Carrow Road, Webber does seem to throw a few titbits the way of Archant Towers.
[/quote]
And today''s story on Godfrey looks very much based on a steer from Carrow Road, given how definite it is.

Since Webber''s arrival they are clearly getting fed some stories/info direct from Carrow Road again (mainly when it suits the club).

Unfortunately this does appear to have resulted in a less critical and more "put the club line out there" approach in some articles which I guess is the price they are prepared to pay to get a bit more info than under previous regimes.

my view is the opposite Jim (although not necessarily the right one) in that I thought there was a welcome increase, but balanced, amount of criticism of the style of play last season.

However I would agree that there was little comment from them on the ownership or direction of the club rather than the team.