Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

We All Wanted A Rebuild

Sadly we wanted a new side built round the younger players, but these are the ones getting sold.

We wanted a side built round Murphys, Maddison, Pritchard etc but now these are gone/going we are still left with Jarvis, Naismith, Wildschut and there massive wages.

Im not blaming the current regime because its the position webbers been put in, and you cant sell players no one wants to buy, its just a shame we dont have the time to build that side around 3 or 4 good young players.

Yip we have sold the ones to build a team around and kept the dross

What an absolute shambles it''s really heartbreaking watching them slowly destroy the Messiahs legacy

This is our future under this regime. With no big investment, our only hope to being competitive is to have a conveyor belt of talent that can be sold to try a build a promotion winning side.

Losing our talent and replacing with league one standard/budget buys is not giving me much optimism. I say again that the board have grown stale and can take us no further. They seek to run the club on yesterday’s provincial model of prudence in a league that seeks interest from global investors. We can not afford to compete and without Maddison and Murphy it is very difficult to see where goals are coming from. Decent championship strikers cost upwards of £10m in today’s market.

I also think the tactics are all wrong and dear we will lose Oliviera only to discover no forward does well with so little provision. And he is better than anything else we can get. Sad days

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Just like your posts really[/quote]

you never ever have anything sensible to say you just follow posters around This board like a bad smell

I can''t wait for the ignore button until then I will just not read your utter utter drivel

[quote user="Splat the Cat"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Just like your posts really[/quote]

you never ever have anything sensible to say you just follow posters around This board like a bad smell

I can''t wait for the ignore button until then I will just not read your utter utter drivel[/quote]
He is doing his best on the NCFSC thread to upset Diane as well Splat.

I wonder if the management are looking at a loan deal with the scum to let them have the snake pit fans next season? This would remind the farmhands what a crowd looks like and we will get some extra dosh from the loan fee. Everything appears to be up for grabs these days.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Sadly we wanted a new side built round the younger players, but these are the ones getting sold.

We wanted a side built round Murphys, Maddison, Pritchard etc but now these are gone/going we are still left with Jarvis, Naismith, Wildschut and there massive wages.

Im not blaming the current regime because its the position webbers been put in, and you cant sell players no one wants to buy, its just a shame we dont have the time to build that side around 3 or 4 good young players.[/quote]
Pritchard has been replaced by someone four years younger. And the time to judge this transfer window, and what kind of a rebuild there is, will be when it closes.

“He is doing his best on the NCFSC thread to upset Diane as well Splat”

I’m pretty sure Diane isn’t upset and she is quite capable to speak for herself without you being her mouthpiece. Have you two arranged another away trip together ?

Maddison''s progress under Farke was so rapid that we were never going to keep him. A guy going to the Premiership for £25million would have forced a move one way or the other. Better to do it now, early in the window, and have some money to spend. People on here seem to forget Nigel Worthington''s comments about how keeping Dean Ashton when we went down was a mistake, because his heart wasn''t in it, and the bids had turned his head.
It''s crazy that a guy can go from a bit-part player (not even a starter) to a £25million player in a season, and the coach that believed in him and developed him never gets any credit.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“He is doing his best on the NCFSC thread to upset Diane as well Splat”

I’m pretty sure Diane isn’t upset and she is quite capable to speak for herself without you being her mouthpiece. Have you two arranged another away trip together ?[/quote]
That would be rather difficult as the fixtures are not out yet Joe. As for Diane i am sure she will take care of your little agenda that you cannot let go.Of course if you went to any of her events you could always make your thoughts known to me instead of tapping away on the internet.

Oh, you mean you’re going to ask Diane to get me banned like you did with someone else? John ? I didn’t realise I had to check in with you when I went to one of her events either, I’ll try harder in future.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]It''s crazy that a guy can go from a bit-part player (not even a starter) to a £25million player in a season, and the coach that believed in him and developed him never gets any credit.
[/quote]
It''s a good point Icecream.   Maddison was full of potential anyway, but there is no doubt Farke enabled him to showcase his talent at the very highest level of his ability. 

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh, you mean you’re going to ask Diane to get me banned like you did with someone else? John ? I didn’t realise I had to check in with you when I went to one of her events either, I’ll try harder in future.[/quote]
Maybe you could back up that accusation with some substance and post it on here so everybody can read it ? Did i say you had to check in with me before attending a NCFSC event ? No don''t think i did as what i said was instead of tapping away on the internet basically speak your mind to me in person instead of littering numerous threads with your agenda against me.

All the players below have ben sold for very good fees and we now have money in the bank to look for replacements:

Pritchard and Murphy wanted to leave for the Premiership

Maddison was always going to the Premiership

There were not many who wanted Watkins to stay

In addition we could still sell Oliveira, Pinto, Naismith, Martin, Franke, Wildshutt and possibly McGovern to bring in more money.

The main squad currently includes Hanley, Klose, Zimmermann, Lewis, Raggett, Husband, Stiepermann, Tettey, Trybul, Vrancic, McLean, Buendia, Srbeny, and Hernandez.

Meanwhile, we still have some very good returning youngsters in Godfrey, Thompson, Matthews and Cantwell, who could feature next season; not forgetting those in the under 23 squad.

If we can sign / loan two good strikers, a right back and a keeper I believe the rebuild is almost complete and we should be ready to compete next season.

I still have faith in Webber getting it right.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh, you mean you’re going to ask Diane to get me banned like you did with someone else? John ? I didn’t realise I had to check in with you when I went to one of her events either, I’ll try harder in future.[/quote]
Hold on 
Firstly I''m not upset with you Frank 
Secondly no-one on here has ever asked me to get anyone banned?
Thirdly everyone is welcome to our events
Now please can you two leave me out of your squabbling, I hardly post on here now & don''t want to be involved, thanks

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]
Maddison''s progress under Farke was so rapid that we were never going to keep him. A guy going to the Premiership for £25million would have forced a move one way or the other. Better to do it now, early in the window, and have some money to spend. People on here seem to forget Nigel Worthington''s comments about how keeping Dean Ashton when we went down was a mistake, because his heart wasn''t in it, and the bids had turned his head.
It''s crazy that a guy can go from a bit-part player (not even a starter) to a £25million player in a season, and the coach that believed in him and developed him never gets any credit.
[/quote]
Spot on.
And maybe some might want to ask themselves why is it that we have been able to lure these promising youngsters out to this neck of the woods. What is it that we are doing ?
Oh yes, trying to block any moves to a better wage and a higher league. Yep that sounds like a good plan to me.
Let''s just hope that Coventry, York, Luton, Orient etc don''t follow that suggestion.

And maybe some might want to ask themselves why is it that we have been able to lure these promising youngsters out to this neck of the woods. What is it that we are doing ?

Could have been something to do with our Premiere League status at the time of signing him....

yes, the very thing that the other two supposed suitors Liverpool and Spurs lacked

Alleged suitors. Even if they were interested back then he would have believed he had far more chance of PL football here than at those clubs. If they even were interested that is

Hardly a stick is it. You asked what it was we were doing to attract these players here and that’s the answer

How many times do people have to be told the same things?

Norwich have always had to sell their best players - always. Even when we were an "established" top flight team; Chris Sutton, Ruel Fox, Robert Fleck - all were sold.

We are not - and never will be - capable of a sustained stay in the top division. We will have occasional moments of light but like every other team in a similar sized city we will always eventually be relegated. As will Leicester. They are having their moment (like Blackburn did) but give it 5 or 6 years and they will be relegated.

It''s football - unless your team has a catchment of a million people and a stadium for 50,000 and a billionaire owner it can''t possibly change.