Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

James Maddison’s farewell message

From Twitter:

Can’t go without saying a massive massive thank you to everyone involved with Norwich City. From Delia & Michael, to Stuart and the Boss. Can’t forget my brilliant teammates and most importantly you amazing fans! I can’t thank you enough! You installed confidence in me and gave me the freedom to go and be the player I wanted to be, so I will be forever grateful for that. You didn’t get on my back if I made a mistake and you supported me whether I was scoring worldies or getting tackled near my own goal.😂 I hope Norwich gets back to where it belongs and that is most definitely the Premier League! I am now a canary for life and it’ll be the first result I check. Good luck to everyone involved with Norwich City💛💚

Classy guy, all the best James.

Quality player and young man.

Seems weird to think we only got to enjoy him for 1 season?!

Would be wrong to call him a legend as he’s not but has to be up there as one of the best/most talented to have pulled on the yellow.

Classy on and off the pitch.

Looking forward to seeing him playing for England.

All the best lad.

[quote user="FCC"]Classy on and off the pitch.

Looking forward to seeing him playing for England.

All the best lad.[/quote]
hear hear

As others have said a top bloke who shows class in everything he does.

Not sure a player can be a legend after only really playing for one full season but will always be fondly remembered.

Hope he smashes it in the premier league

Great player but far from qualifying as a legend.

Good to see we haven''t stood in the way of his career progression.

Hopefully other promising young players will see that and realise we are a good stepping stone for them too.

That is until we re-establish ourselves at the highest level at which point hopefully they''ll want to stay.

Pure class, both on and off the pitch. Shame we only got to enjoy him for one of the two seasons he was on our books.

Well said young man and all the very best. Hope you go on to have a stellar career.

Statement also reminds me a little of when City1st left us. Hope James comes back too!

How dare he specifically call out Delia?! And worse than that....COMPLIMENT HER?!
Doesn''t he know she''s the worst owner in the history of football owners?!

Of course he can be a legend. For me and many others my age Trevor Hockey is a legend even though he only played 13 games. And Hockey''s legendary status remains 45 years later. The true test of Maddison''s legendary status will be known in years to come. I doubt I''ll still be around in 45 years to know.

Maddison was definitely a legend last season. Not just for his great performances but also in the way one so young recognised and embraced the things that bond our community club together. I reckon if I live to be as old as Tilly Maddison will still be a legend in my eyes.

He''ll do well in the Prem and he belongs there. I can''t fault him for going.

NCFC should''ve been challenging for the PL last season...he did all he could to make that happen, others didn''t...

Farewell James , you''re a class player

Always sad to see a real prospect leave but also delighted that we did get to see his ability and real potential.

Double N mentions legends and the term is easy to use but I know what he means.

Legendary could be for one incident, one game or several hundred appearances.

In an era when football is a bit more robotic and planned, he stood out as someone who played it as he saw it not as he was told. You can''t coach that and these type of player are risk takers but we forgive them for their mistakes because we love it when they make it count.

I think he has made the right choice because he can progress even further up the ladder and maybe we could profit from it as well.

I look forward to seeing his promise blossoming in the Prem.

Massively disappointed we only ''saw'' him for one season but he belongs in the top tier and we were never going to stand in his way. I have been so impressed with how the young lad has conducted himself on and off the pitch and I wish him all the best for the future. Thanks for the memories, James.