Sign in to follow this  

Quite a lot of opinion on here recently is kind of dampening down expectations for next season.  No surprise I can''t go along with that - we have yet to get some players in - which we surely will - and to my mind, the top of the table is the aim and the objective.  You have to aim high.  Thinking mid-table is not an option - yes we might end up there, but really the top of the table is where we want to be challenging and whoever is in the squad had better be up for that - and I hope that most fans will be up for that too. 
It''s not optimism or too high expectations, before anyone brings out the usual labels, it''s a state of mind - to prepare for a top of the table challenge.  The players will be doing that, Farke will be doing that - the target is there - promotion, so top two or failing that at least a play off position.  Don''t give me the depressive nonsense that people always come up with, selling the family silver, aiming for mid table, blah, blah......we have an improving financial situation, good players and we will have some of the money from sales to spend - so quality players will appear, either from purchase or loans in.
We might not get promotion in the end, but at least start the season aiming high.  A lot of the groundwork has been done, the squad will be better bedded in next season, the newer players will be bursting to show what they can do.  Aim high!

Very well said OP.

Those already dismissing our chances for the coming season must enjoy that particular stance for some reason because it would seem to be massively premature considering we have signings to make.

Who knows what the team that takes the field at St. Andrews might look like? Who really knows just how our season might unfold?

We may have lost Maddison but we will still have ten outfield players ready to beat Birmingham.

The new input encourages thus far me and I intend remaining in a positive frame of mind until if/when results prove me wrong.

The Championship reminds me of an Open golf tournament whereby there are favourites but in reality any one of twenty or more could win it.

LDC People having Different views makes a forum though ?

just like you think and want to aim high and think we may do well

i think that we will struggle again this season i do not think Webber and Farke are the right men for the job

i think we need a gritty lower league manager who plays more direct and a bit tougher like this league requires

who is right who is wrong we will see

I will admit i was wrong if we were a success but will you admit if we have a season like last that it is going wrong ?

It''s funny though that it''s actually some of the more positive posters who''ve wanted to play down expectations these last 12 months. Talk of transition and consolidation, how promotion has never been on the cards with all the changes and how we need to give the manager X amount of windows before we can actually judge anything.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]LDC People having Different views makes a forum though ?

just like you think and want to aim high and think we may do well

i think that we will struggle again this season i do not think Webber and Farke are the right men for the job

i think we need a gritty lower league manager who plays more direct and a bit tougher like this league requires

who is right who is wrong we will see

I will admit i was wrong if we were a success but will you admit if we have a season like last that it is going wrong ?[/quote]
Maybe, but then I always think top six or even top two is on, as long as the points are there to play for.  My op is just really a reaction to all the negativity that tends to come out - usually from from the same few people.  There is a positive view of how things can progress - as you say, it is a forum and it doesn''t do any harm to put that positive view out there...

I am all for Aiming high but i need proof there is a reson to Aim high

i want Farke and Webber to be a success ( i don''t think they will be ) and build a good club with good youngster that we can sell each year and just slot another into the team that''s what i want

i do not even care if we do not go up a long as we are around the top 6 and playing good football and having a go

i did not see that last season i saw awful tactics and negative football that''s why i have my doubts over the coming season

Sorry much as I really hate to say it, get real, I think the way we are heading last Seasons 14th place will be a target we won''t beat..I can honestly see us in a relegation scrap next season.I know it''s paper talk but OMG Joradan Rhodes really , just really, we currently have zero attacking intent, yes I know we have weeks to go, the windows not shut etc etc, but we need Championship ready goalscoresr x3 , pretty sue NO wont be here come August and its not worth mentioning any one else on our books as a credible striker, we don''t have the finacial clout to fund 1 let alone the 3 we need. Don''t post often but couldn''t be more disillusioned with the way our fine club are heading.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Misread the title as I am high.
[/quote]
More posts will make sense on here if you interpret it that way [;)]

[quote user="channonswindmill"]Sorry much as I really hate to say it, get real, I think the way we are heading last Seasons 14th place will be a target we won''t beat..I can honestly see us in a relegation scrap next season.I know it''s paper talk but OMG Joradan Rhodes really , just really, we currently have zero attacking intent, yes I know we have weeks to go, the windows not shut etc etc, but we need Championship ready goalscoresr x3 , pretty sue NO wont be here come August and its not worth mentioning any one else on our books as a credible striker, we don''t have the finacial clout to fund 1 let alone the 3 we need. Don''t post often but couldn''t be more disillusioned with the way our fine club are heading.[/quote]
I think it''s a bit difficult to see how things will develop over the next few weeks, but my feeling, for what it''s worth, is that we will get players of substance in before the window closes - we have to.   I would agree that if we don''t it will look pretty poor, but I just don''t see how we can expect to compete if we don''t get at least one striker in.  NO could well be gone so it''s quite likely imo that we''ll get one striker bought in and another promising loanee from a PL club.  That would at least give us some firepower to get us going.
With Maddison and Murphy gone, it was always going to be a case of who is going to get those goals and more - and the jury is still out on that one. But I can''t imagine a situation where we got no strikers in with just Srbeny to lead the line, so players in will have to happen. 

I so hope you are right and will 100% get behind the team the minute it kicks off... However, I see nothing to support

Your view YET... At least two decent forwards, a right back and a keeper and we will see....

To help get rid of the negativity I would ask the pink un not to keep writing articles on James Maddison (he is gone...move on) and players we have missed out on... Who cares...